Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 12-13-2019, 07:05 PM   #57
OVRKLL

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE...makes me go YeeeHaw!
Thanks Blue for the pics and written instructions!
I hear you about the knees, I had a major knee surgery (6hrs) way back in '93 and a hip replacement not too way back this past July. So I don't think I'll be able to stay in that position very long, and the heads up on installation will help me to do it faster!
Looking forward to the Lunatic setting, I'll start from there and work my way to a comfort level.
I'm planning on feeling the short term pain (knees and hip) for the long term gain (my driving pleasure) tomorrow.

Thank you Mike for the quick shipment of this product, I have full confidence in you and your products...love your TB, but love your CS more!
Whomp whomp!
Old 12-14-2019, 12:08 AM   #58
Blue_6.2
Banned

Drives: 2019 1SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC View Post
We renamed ... P3 to LU (Ludicrous).
LUDICROUS SPEED????

Blue_6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 02:16 PM   #59
OVRKLL

TADA!
I did my Soler TC install today, and it did take about 15min, the most discomfort I got was from my right shoulder as I reached in to disconnect/connect wires and re-install the pedal. As for my knees...never felt better, no pain and they did not bother me at all...I could have stayed in that position much longer. Of course I cheated and used a moving blanket for padding, see pic.

For those of you on the fence deciding if you should purchase this or not, you owe it to yourself to purchase this TC.
You will definitely feel the Soler Difference, and for $75 you can't go wrong.
I mean, most people here will drop $400 - $500 for a CAI and convince themselves they feel a difference in their stock mode.
With this Controller, you won't have to THINK if you feel a difference, you will KNOW you feel a difference.

I also have the Soler TB and these two items compliment each other greatly!
I had a tune on my car for quicker response (before getting the TB or TC) and the tune was done with EFILive via AutoCal. The tuner set it way up there and my throttle response was great!
Then I purchased the TB and noticed the surge issues.
I asked my tuner to look at it, and sent him a log for his review.
He mentioned he had the tune too aggressive and would need to tone it down a little. However, I have since installed Kooks Headers and AWE Cat Back Exhaust System and needed a tune right away. My tuner was a remote tuner and very busy, and took too long to get back to me.
So I had a Performance shop tune my headers and exhaust via HPTuners (I returned the car back to stock prior to HPTuning)
Needless to say my acceleration sucked!

Now comes the Soler TC, I have it on LU.5 and it feels like my prior tune except there's not surge issues.
This thing is madness and will get you from 0 - where ever very quickly!
At LU.5 you need to modulate the pedal to hook up or you'll just spin tires and go sideways.
I did try LU.9 and was going to keep it there, but it was a little too aggressive and my right foot could not modulate it enough.
My happy place is at LU.5, I did try the other modes and they all give an increase in throttle response however, since my original tune was way up there, I'm use to the high aggressiveness of LU.5
I tried EU.9 and thought I was going to have to push the car...
This mode will come in handy on rainy days, as my former tune was still too aggressive even when driving in wet/ice/snow mode on the competitive settings.

I ended up mounting the unit just below the start button. I originally wanted to mount it below the HUD buttons, but the wiring would not allow that length. I also used Velcro to attach the unit, since the texture on the dash area works against the adhesive of the tape on the unit...ymmv.

No wires in the way of any of my pedals, but you do see the wire by the push start...no biggie. I was actually going to just tuck it away behind the knee pad, because for me this is a "set it and forget it" unit...then I thought about the rain and wet roads.

This TC gives me much more room to adjust my throttle response according to the road/weather, and really makes the car feel like it should.
There is zero lag, and when I first drove my car, I did not think there was a lag at that point, until I did the tune...you don't know what you have, until you get something better!
Kind of like eating a good Ribeye, if you never ate one, you don't know what you're missing...or Kal bi, poke', poi etc...
You get the point!

Now with all of this mentioned, working with Mike at Soler tops all of this!
His customer service is unbelievable, which is why I say for those on the fence you owe it to yourself to get this unit.
Mike will see to it that you are satisfied with it, he has a tenacity for customer satisfaction and will work with you.

The BIG question here is...What is Mike working on now?
Old 12-14-2019, 02:19 PM   #60
OVRKLL

Sorry, forgot some pics...

Blanket for knees, no wires in the way of pedals and mounting point!
Attached Images

Old 12-14-2019, 02:25 PM   #61
Blue_6.2
Banned

Drives: 2019 1SS Convertible
Where exactly did you "bury" the controller housing box in relation to the accelerator?
Blue_6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 03:11 PM   #62
OVRKLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_6.2 View Post
Where exactly did you "bury" the controller housing box in relation to the accelerator?
It's under the carpet just to the left of the pedal.
There's a little crevice in there which fits the controller.

Funny thing is, I had to pull everything out again to re-route the wiring, and the white connector for the controller came out, but the controller stayed put.
I was then like...where does this white connector go?
I don't remember seeing it before (because it was pre-connected to the controller)...Mike help!

I then looked at your pic and could see where it goes!
So that controller will stay put and not move, you'll need to lift the carpet a little to get it in/out.
Old 12-16-2019, 12:33 PM   #63
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Drives: 2015 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_6.2 View Post
LUDICROUS SPEED????

Ha, there was a similar debate here. I was against Ludicrous speed, but the younger minds here convinced me otherwise.
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 07:18 PM   #64
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
How long has this controller been on the market?

So far, have any of you experienced limp mode, or other throttle related issues with it?

I loved the controller I had on my 2011, and while the limp mode was only occasional, and quickly remedied, it was still a PIA when it happened. It doesn't seem like the tech is any different here. Have there been any changes in the tech that would eliminate the occasional variance between the pedal sensor and the TB sensor?
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 07:45 PM   #65
OVRKLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post

So far, have any of you experienced limp mode, or other throttle related issues with it?

I loved the controller I had on my 2011, and while the limp mode was only occasional, and quickly remedied, it was still a PIA when it happened. It doesn't seem like the tech is any different here. Have there been any changes in the tech that would eliminate the occasional variance between the pedal sensor and the TB sensor?
No experiencing limp mode here, then again today was my first full day of driving with it.
I use Lightning Mode (ada Ludicrous, Lunatic) I prefer Lightning because the throttle response is lightning fast and gets me up to speed very quickly!
I drove all day in LU.5 and had no problem other than a little traction loss due to a damp road, but wet roads make for great driving instructors and one can learn throttle control.
The way I see it, if I bought lunch every day for a week and a half, it would have paid for the TC. The TC is well worth over $75, I think the packaging is probably $10

However, if you're really concerned about a limp mode, talk to Mike, he is a very reasonable person and very understanding. He answered all my phone calls and emails, even when I emailed him on a Sunday...not expecting a response until Monday, but not Mike!

I will say this about Mike, he is not out to make millions (but he probably will with his great CS and products!)or take advantage of people. He is really 100% doing what he's doing to help the enthusiast, he is a RARE BREED!
Thanks Mike for all you do!
Old 12-16-2019, 07:47 PM   #66
OVRKLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC View Post
Ha, there was a similar debate here. I was against Ludicrous speed, but the younger minds here convinced me otherwise.
LOL!
I prefer Lightning Speed it just fits...Loving LU.5!
Old 12-16-2019, 10:49 PM   #67
Brudda*Termite

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Ordered mine over the weekend, stocking stuffer from the wifey, shipped out this afternoon. Looking forward to experiencing the difference!
Old 12-17-2019, 09:47 AM   #68
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Drives: 2015 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post

First prototype has been in my personal car for over a year. On the market for Corvette C7's for about 6 months, for Camaro 6's for about 2 months. But you can consider the Corvette C7's identical to Camaro 6's V8 in terms of the throttle actuator control (TAC) system.

You have nothing to worry about, you have a warranty and support all the way.

No changes in tech, these are very simple in principle, the challenges are in safety, reliability, size, and functionality.

The most common cause of malfunction is disconnecting (doing installation) while the TAC system is energized. Here is how to avoid it. See attached.

Thanks,
Attached Images
File Type: pdf SE0820-TC Installation Instructions Rev NEW V3.pdf (689.6 KB, 204 views)
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 07:44 PM   #69
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
Great! I stay away from this site for weeks, my first day back and now I’m fighting the temptation to spend more money on the car!!

Thanks !! Hahaha.

I have the Soler TB and I believe it is better than the stock unit. I’m gonna wait a little before I buy this TC. Don’t want to deal with limp modes.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 08:34 PM   #70
waterman

Drives: Grandad's C2 L89