Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-23-2020, 08:02 AM   #1
appleman22

Drives: 2017 1ss 1le
Looking for a good chevy service dept. on Long Island

Anyone here know of or work in a GOOD chevy service department here on long island? I need some things done on my car and my go to dealer in Riverhead isn't that helpful.
appleman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 08:43 AM   #2
Nothing like an SS
Faster!!!

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE
I have had good experience at Chevy 112 in Medford. Buzz Chew in Southampton is supposed to be very good, but never been myself, a bit of a drive for me just for service, but always heard good about them.

Avoid Smithtown Chevy and Atlantic Chevy, stay FAR away!!!!
Nothing like an SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 08:57 AM   #3
appleman22

Drives: 2017 1ss 1le
What happened at smith town? I was debating going there. Send me a pm if you don’t want to post it publicly please
appleman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 10:34 AM   #4
Nothing like an SS
Faster!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by appleman22 View Post
What happened at smith town? I was debating going there. Send me a pm if you don’t want to post it publicly please
I have never gone there for service, but when looking to buy cars (two different occasions almost 3 years apart) it was very clear to not do any business with this dealership. It is hard sell, get your money, then see ya!!!!

A few of the customers there I had chatted with (both occasions) said they only go there for warranty specific as they do not want them touching their car! I took that as a bad reviews. One said I wouldn't even let them change my oil! Not a glowing review.

We have had several cars bought at 112 and have used them for service on our 2018 Traverse, I did have the Camaro in a couple of times without issue. Service Managers are good, Techs seem to know their stuff, just found the experience quite good overall (so far!)

I only have personal and anecdotal info to provide, so like anything, it all goes with a grain of salt.
Old 06-23-2020, 11:17 AM   #5
Stevezx900

Drives: Buick Grand National, BMW M5
I live in Smithtown. I wouldn’t go there for service. I didn’t like they’re attitude when I went there personally for an appointment.
They wanted me to drop off my car in the morning and come back at 3:00 for pickup.
No way I was leaving my car there all day!

The best part the lady there told me only there corvette techs will work on that car. When I spoke to the service writer she told me that it’s just a Camaro not a vette so anyone can change the oil. that’s when I knew I need to run away from this place ASAP.

I called them and cancelled the same day.
I went to Chevy 112 in Medford for my 500 mile service. They were professional and tech was extra careful when lifting car.

Needless to say I tipped him well.
Stevezx900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 11:41 AM   #6
Nothing like an SS
Faster!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevezx900 View Post
I live in Smithtown. I wouldn’t go there for service. I didn’t like they’re attitude when I went there personally for an appointment.
They wanted me to drop off my car in the morning and come back at 3:00 for pickup.
No way I was leaving my car there all day!

The best part the lady there told me only there corvette techs will work on that car. When I spoke to the service writer she told me that it’s just a Camaro not a vette so anyone can change the oil. that’s when I knew I need to run away from this place ASAP.

I called them and cancelled the same day.
I went to Chevy 112 in Medford for my 500 mile service. They were professional and tech was extra careful when lifting car.

Needless to say I tipped him well.

Thanks for backing up my anecdotal input on Smithtown!
Agreed on 112, they seem to know what they are doing, professional, courteous and handle my car with great care.
Old 06-28-2020, 07:49 PM   #7
franksredhot

Drives: 2016 Red Hot Camaro 1SS A8
Ditto on Smithtown Chevy. I left my car there a couple of times overnight so that they could experience the groan in the rear end that every 2016 Camaro does. They didn't notice any groan. When I left it there for a very weak start when hot, they didn't notice that either. Also when I bought the car, it had LPO rims and I asked about why I didn't also get the stock rims. They claimed the car is delivered without the stock rims, that it comes on doughnuts. What BS! They suck, never again! My local dealer in Queens scratched my car changing the oil. So I've yet to find a good Chevy dealer.
franksredhot is offline   Reply With Quote