Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Phastek Performance

Old 06-23-2020, 08:43 AM   #15
VinnAY
Account Suspended

Drives: 18 1SS/1LE
IT comes to mind just because I think I've seen 2 cases on the forum of used car sale that something goes catastrophic in the drivetrain the the dealer tells them it's been tuned and good luck with that. Person bought a car that implied the warranty was intact on some superficial common factors.
VinnAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 08:46 AM   #16
L8Apex

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
The only people that will see value would be the prospect that is looking for a foundation for their own build. Anyone else is going to see a car without warranty and one that has been driven hard and put away wet.

Putting it back to stock isn't really the best options either. As said it still doesn't have warranty. Even if you did this, hopefully A) you have the stock tune to reload and B) you would disclose these facts to the potential buyer.

I know I would be rather upset if I bought a car, assuming I had warranty, and find that I didn't when I needed it.
It has warranty until the dealer/Chevy says it doesn't, also if he did void his powertrain warranty, he has all the remaining factory warranty on the rest of the car.
Enthusiast mod their cars, in no way does it guarantee it was abused. I'm an older guy who's worked on cars his whole life, I can mod something without screwing it up or "driving it hard and putting it away wet". This goes for everyone I know too. If you and your friends can't install parts without knowing whether it was done right, take it to a shop. I appreciate honesty, and if I see parts have been removed, that raises more doubts to me than if it were there.
L8Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 09:20 AM   #17
LT1ornothing

Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Agreed. My loaded M6 2016 SS was one of the first Gen 6 bolton cars. It listed at almost $46K. I sold it @ just over 2 years old with 15K miles in almost perfect condition. I got $29,500 for it and I had to include all my wheels and all stock parts. The buyer was thrilled to get it. But he wanted it for Tracking, so the mods (done by the best) were fine with him. I sold it in 2 days.

I sold that car to buy an A10 ZL1. But after owning it for a while I got bored with the auto. I wish I never sold that SS. Until it was gone I did not know that was my perfect car. And it was almost as fast as the stock ZL1 and being 200 pounds lighter more fun in the twisties. And you had to be super careful coming out of corners in the ZL1. On a race track though it is in its element.

So I sold my ZL1 and replaced it with a loaded M6 LT1. And with my previous SS experience I will not add LTs as they ruin the great stock sound which somehow is even better in the LT1. Was that magic GM?

Also OP I would not buy a ZL1 1LE unless you will track it often. The base ZL1 is a better all around fun car and is a great all day cruiser. Used ones are super cheap. I lived that. :(
OP, I would highly suggest you take this advice and maybe even talk to this member a bit. He has been in your shoes and waited at the same cross roads. I feel the personal experience here is vital in making a decision you wont regret.
LT1ornothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 09:33 AM   #18
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
You buying a new car?
Edit... i mean are you buying the next car new from the dealer?
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 09:44 AM   #19
FH212

Drives: 2021 Camaro SS 1LE
OP- NADA is where you need to start at for your car values. Banks and Credit Unions loan money for the cars based on NADA values. Not knowing you zip code I picked L.A. and your trade in value is $24,600 with a retail value at $27,125. Your mods probably hurt the value of your car like other people have said. If it were me selling this car, I would start advertising it at $26,500 and see what happens. Or just find a dealership willing to give you the $24,600 in trade in and not have the selling hassle. Hope that helps......
2001 Mecham Trans Am #3 - 7.0L LS1
FH212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 11:02 AM   #20
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
$25-30k depending on condition and miles and nobody cares about mods lol mine is paid off next feb and may post it up for sale no idea what it will be worth by then but i had fun with it
Old 06-23-2020, 12:11 PM   #21
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
The only people that will see value would be the prospect that is looking for a foundation for their own build. Anyone else is going to see a car without warranty and one that has been driven hard and put away wet.

Putting it back to stock isn't really the best options either. As said it still doesn't have warranty. Even if you did this, hopefully A) you have the stock tune to reload and B) you would disclose these facts to the potential buyer.

I know I would be rather upset if I bought a car, assuming I had warranty, and find that I didn't when I needed it.
I agree ^

I don't want to sound like a snob but I would already be very weary of buying a used performance car unless I personally knew the owner. Add in modifications and I would be even more weary
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 12:15 PM   #22
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I agree ^

I don't want to sound like a snob but I would already be very weary of buying a used performance car unless I personally knew the owner. Add in modifications and I would be even more weary
What’s so tiring about buying a used modded sports car?
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 12:55 PM   #23
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
I agree ^

I passed up an opportunity to buy an almost-new '19 at a nice price in favor of a brand new '20 at an "ok" price.

The '19 wasn't the color I wanted, but it did have NPP (no MagRide, though) and it was M6. Ultimately, with only 3,000 miles on it, I just wasn't willing to take the chance on there being a problem in the clutch, transmission, or motor from improper break-in. So, I got the color I wanted, passed on NPP, got MagRide and have full warranty PLUS I get to be the one to break it in.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 01:56 PM   #24
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by enzia35 View Post
What’s so tiring about buying a used modded sports car?
Can't tell if serious but if so

Ive seen cars that look immaculate but I know they have been beat to hell and in other cases I know ones that look immaculate and have barely ever been driven to the point I don't even know if they got broken in properly....and that is people I know. A car from a complete stranger just makes me uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
I passed up an opportunity to buy an almost-new '19 at a nice price in favor of a brand new '20 at an "ok" price.

The '19 wasn't the color I wanted, but it did have NPP (no MagRide, though) and it was M6. Ultimately, with only 3,000 miles on it, I just wasn't willing to take the chance on there being a problem in the clutch, transmission, or motor from improper break-in. So, I got the color I wanted, passed on NPP, got MagRide and have full warranty PLUS I get to be the one to break it in.
This ^ I would do the same
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 02:12 PM   #25
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Quote:
Can't tell if serious but if so

Ive seen cars that look immaculate but I know they have been beat to hell and in other cases I know ones that look immaculate and have barely ever been driven to the point I don't even know if they got broken in properly....and that is people I know. A car from a complete stranger just makes me uncomfortable
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/weary

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/wary

I know what you mean though. I'd prefer buying new. That way I know I'm the only one that's farted in the seats.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 02:25 PM   #26
mikeman
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro
No offense, but the car is not that special. There are way too many pristine 6th gen SS's of that year that are fully stock with low miles and with a powertrain warranty intact to choose from. So, unless you price it on the low end, you may have a hard time selling it due to the mods and the voided warranty. I think the best bet would be to use it as a trade when you get the next car.
mikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 05:47 PM   #27
Zr8000

Drives: Chevy Camaro
When I was looking this spring your car was a 25,000 car in my area.
Zr8000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 06:32 PM   #28
NYJets12

Drives: 2018 1LT Camaro
Go to Kelly Blue Book website you should get a good idea what to sell for, just add what you think your mods are worth.