Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Phastek Performance

Old 05-25-2020, 01:08 PM   #1
DrugDoc

Drives: '16 Nightfall Grey 1SS
Guesses for June incentives?

Anybody have any idea what June's incentives might be? I've been looking into trading in my 1SS for a ZL1 or ZLE since the 0% is pretty enticing, but there just aren't many 19s left, especially around me.

What are the chances they extend the 0% to 2020s next month? I know it depends on how sales have been lately and the market and all that, but that's definitely not my area so hopefully this isn't too silly of a question.
DrugDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 01:45 PM   #2
LateBrakeU2

Drives: 15 RH Z/28, 23 RB2SS1LE, 23LT1VOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrugDoc View Post
Anybody have any idea what June's incentives might be? I've been looking into trading in my 1SS for a ZL1 or ZLE since the 0% is pretty enticing, but there just aren't many 19s left, especially around me.

What are the chances they extend the 0% to 2020s next month? I know it depends on how sales have been lately and the market and all that, but that's definitely not my area so hopefully this isn't too silly of a question.
I would guess they will have nothing, as there are no cars being built and inventory is drying up.
LateBrakeU2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 04:58 PM   #3
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateBrakeU2 View Post
I would guess they will have nothing, as there are no cars being built and inventory is drying up.
I'm betting 0/84 across the board. Maybe some small rebates too

I'm thinking they need to move some cars to get cash flow. The finance arm is making nothing, but they are paying the union to sit on their butts and paying to keep the lights on in an empty factory Plus all the canceled rental car orders and the used car market dropping due to the sale of all the existing rental cars.

Should be interesting!
Old 05-27-2020, 08:53 PM   #4
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
If we use history as an indicator and blend in current conditions, here’s what I’m guessing...

10-15% off of all remaining 2019 models, with some possible exclusions like the ZL1. The 2019 is a polarizing style and GM May be willing to chip in to get them off of the lots and put cash in the bank.

0% APR for 72 months across the board, with the 2019 getting up to 84 months. Again, GM looking to move the 2019 so they’re gone but heavily slumping sales and a depressed used car market (which also drags down the new car market) can be handled through 0% financing.

Cash rebates on 2020 models will be negligible with dealers needing to be aggressive with discounts. And that’s going to be tough since they aren’t going to be hitting their numbers to be able to get the full lot of the holdback cash.

I’ve got a number of local dealers with zero Camaro inventory and another lot with ten cars. There’s definitely hoarding going on with some dealers but the reason is not yet known.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 12:03 AM   #5
LateBrakeU2

Drives: 15 RH Z/28, 23 RB2SS1LE, 23LT1VOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
There’s definitely hoarding going on with some dealers but the reason is not yet known.
They are trying to hold gross because they know they won't be getting any new inventory for months. On the 19's, there really aren't many left at this point, if any..at least in the perfomance models. Go to GM's locator and punch in a 19 SS 1LE and see what comes up.
LateBrakeU2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 09:02 AM   #6
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Don't expect big incentives. Inventory on dealer's lots is almost completely depleted. Incentives normally come when inventory starts stacking up. Most dealers have come close to being out of inventory and Camaro inventory is VERY slim right now.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 09:09 AM   #7
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
Don't expect big incentives. Inventory on dealer's lots is almost completely depleted. Incentives normally come when inventory starts stacking up. Most dealers have come close to being out of inventory and Camaro inventory is VERY slim right now.
During most of a model year, under "typical" circumstances, this is spot on.

The possibility for some incentives does still exist, though, as they may want to wipe out the remaining cars to potentially make their sales look stronger ("they completely sold out"), as a means to drive them toward buying leftover Corvettes, as a way to create artificial demand for the incoming model year through lots of orders (generating cash), or some combo of these possibilities.
Old 05-31-2020, 12:40 PM   #8
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
I'm thinkin you might be right. I was at my ordering dealership Saturday and they were quite busy. I was kinda shocked, but also happy the economy is moving forward.
Old 06-01-2020, 08:19 AM   #9
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
I'm thinkin you might be right. I was at my ordering dealership Saturday and they were quite busy. I was kinda shocked, but also happy the economy is moving forward.
Our sales have remained steady through this. Not what it should be but it hasn't been terrible. We had a great May but now we face the struggle of getting inventory in. I've just started getting invoices on new production so hopefully GM will ship out inventory fast. We really need it.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 07:42 AM   #10
ember1205
Hot Camaro

In a nutshell, the offers didn't really change for the 2020 but the 2019's were impacted.

2019 changes - Cash incentive was $2000 and is now $0. Financing was 0% for 84 months and is now 0% for 72 months.
Old 06-09-2020, 09:40 AM   #11
Frost_SS

Drives: Camaro
I too am on the lookout. I've been shopping forever for a 2019 2ss 1le in Satin steel and it has been so hard to find one. I'm willing to buy a slightly used for 38k price range or a new for 45-47k if it is at 0% APR. If I can snag a 2020 with 0% i would go for that as well, the color combo is proving to be the real culprit.

I've looked all over the typical car search engines and pickings are very slim right now.
Frost_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 09:45 AM   #12
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost_SS View Post
I too am on the lookout. I've been shopping forever for a 2019 2ss 1le in Satin steel and it has been so hard to find one. I'm willing to buy a slightly used for 38k price range or a new for 45-47k if it is at 0% APR. If I can snag a 2020 with 0% i would go for that as well, the color combo is proving to be the real culprit.

I've looked all over the typical car search engines and pickings are very slim right now.
There are no finance incentives per se on the 2020's, and I don't expect any to pop up any time in the near future because of inventory levels. And, if they do, they likely will only apply to those trim levels that are most abundant.

About the best long-term finance option that I was able to find/get was 72@2.97%. The next best one was 3.9% for that longer term. Jumping to 84 months made the rate go up quite a bit while shortening the term didn't bring it down a lot.

In a nutshell, you're going to need a solid credit score to land appealing financing on a '20. Otherwise, you're looking at "run-of-the-mill" rates.
Old 06-09-2020, 10:06 AM   #13
DemonZL1

Drives: like a granny
hopefully July knocks it out of the park with cars becoming available and fourth of july

Anderson composites coupon code : Demon
DemonZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 10:27 AM   #14
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonZLE View Post
hopefully July knocks it out of the park with cars becoming available and fourth of july
There will be no more general allocations of vehicles for inventory - only customer orders are being filled.