#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Member Car Journals

Phastek Performance

Old 02-25-2019, 12:03 PM   #43
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim M View Post
Update: truck arrives Wednesday in Boblingen customs house (suburb of Stuttgart). Weather looks decent even...will be bringing my temp plates and a camera for all the damage...(we hope not).
Got my fingers crossed it's just dusty, or at the worst has some seagull poop on it.
Old 02-27-2019, 02:55 PM   #44
Tim M

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Boost Creep: You called it...just dirty.

Car arrived in need of a car wash, but in otherwise no damage shape.

They pack in tight!

Looks at home in Germany:

And the ZL1 Addon plate bracket installed with no issue...supports the temp plates until the car is inspected. Have 30 days to do so. Relooking the tires - likely they are too worn to pass...only the outside third though...

First stop was 50 Euro (about $56) of Shell 100 octane V-Power (got me half a tank!). Car is shipped with less than quarter tank...was on fumes. The odometer shows they drove it 3 miles since I handed it over to them. Seems about right considering the port/yard sizes.

Weather couldn't have been better for a winter day in this country - unseasonably warm weather.

A bit of relief!
Tim M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 03:23 PM   #45
Apex_Missing_Ape

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
Awesome! Glad your car is safe. I would love to take my 1LE on the Ring. I rented a race prepped E90 when I was there last year, but drove it way too slowly because I had no idea what its limits were (plus there were so many faster drivers on the track). March is just around the corner - post some pics up once you take her out to the Ring or Spa
Apex_Missing_Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 07:58 PM   #46
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:

They pack in tight!

And the ZL1 Addon plate bracket installed with no issue...supports the temp plates until the car is inspected. Have 30 days to do so. Relooking the tires - likely they are too worn to pass...only the outside third though...

First stop was 50 Euro (about $56) of Shell 100 octane V-Power (got me half a tank!). Car is shipped with less than quarter tank...was on fumes. The odometer shows they drove it 3 miles since I handed it over to them. Seems about right considering the port/yard sizes.

Weather couldn't have been better for a winter day in this country - unseasonably warm weather.

A bit of relief!
Glad to see it arrived unharmed. You’re going to have so much fun!

I was in Stuttgart last week. Weather was very nice mid 50s. I usually get a company Merc or BMW wagon. I got this sporty car this time. It was fun.
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -

Last edited by hotlap; 02-27-2019 at 08:11 PM.
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 08:39 PM   #47
Boost Creep

Quote:

They pack in tight!

A bit of relief!
Awesome!

Glad it made it unscathed.

Old 02-27-2019, 09:25 PM   #48
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:

They pack in tight!

A bit of relief!
Congratulations Quick question, will they make you remove the SS badging? If I remember correctly, it is deliberately deleted on the EU model whose name is even different, Camaro V8.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 10:33 PM   #49
Dave-ROR

Drives: A few
Tim, I'm trying to make it over right after Oktoberfest. Will be driving a buddies Focus ST or Golf R32. I'll let you know if it happens. It's been 13 years since I've been there :(
HPDE/DD: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE || HPDE/DD: 2015 Subaru BRZ ||Tow Vehicle: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 8.1L || Weekend toy: 1994 MR2 Turbo || The other weekend toy: 1993 MR2 Turbo || Track car: 1998 Integra Type-R || Race car: 1996 Integra GS-R || New race car build: 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback

Too many cars.. never.
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 02:29 PM   #50
Tim M

Apex_Missing_Ape: Will do. Quick search on local track days and the price is significant! On the order of 500+ Euro. Makes the Ring much more attractive at $35 a lap...

arpad_m: Your question made me think a bit...unlikely. The inspection focuses on safety items only. I have thought the badge was a bit out of place - would prefer it to be similar to the 60's models (replace the bowties).

Dave: Not bad rides! Drop me a line when the date nears...I should have found a place to live by then...still in a hotel.

Did get a chance to give the car a bath for further inspection. No defects found! This auto sure beats the 129 HP BMW wagon...although I don't think I'm getting the 40 mpg it pulls down.

Note: car washing is not allowed except at specific facilities and not on Sunday! No more early clean ups in the driveway - that will take some getting used to. Hand washing is a weakness of mine...

Interestingly - family member claimed he saw another newer red Camaro with a black hood (with vents) locally. Hmm - that makes 4 in the country...becoming common almost! The weather is turning south so may park it until I can get it inspected with permanent plates.

I was corrected on the process - I have temp plates that are good for up to 60 days. In that time, must have it inspected to receive the permanent plates. They also claim they will not fail the car with summer tires. Although, ideally I don't drive it to the inspection station in the snow...

Last edited by Tim M; 02-28-2019 at 02:54 PM.
Old 03-02-2019, 03:21 PM   #51
Tim M

Swung by the Shell station once again to top up with 100 octane (EU)...3/4 tank fill equals 82 USD. Ouch. The price you pay...

Temps were in the 50's...short drive to get lost a bit - ended up on a few miles of the Autobahn.

Car did well - stable and accelerated in 4/5 gear briskly. Always will put a smile on one's face when you don't have to let off (on the street).

Appears the voyage across the Atlantic did no harm to the car. :-)
Old 03-02-2019, 06:34 PM   #52
Boost Creep

lol

I'd end up turning tricks on the street just to pay for gas.
Old 03-03-2019, 02:58 PM   #53
hitmix300
2016 loaded 2SS

Drives: Maverick X3 Turbo R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
lol

I'd end up turning tricks on the street just to pay for gas.
ROFL

op have fun, cant wait 2 c it on the ring.

when i was in stuttgart & eislingen i drove a diesel vw and it was super slow lol
hitmix300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 02:00 PM   #54
Tim M

I happened to be in the same area 7 years ago with a BMW rental (320D/6 speed). My break-in (had 2 kms on it) had it to the limiter at 149 mph and weekly thereafter. 45 mpg to boot with a turbo diesel powerplant.

The Camaro was still pulling of course at 166 indicated mph. There are better stretches of roadway and Sunday mornings are certainly preferred.

Good time for sure.
Old 03-09-2019, 10:44 AM   #55
Tim M

Well disappointment and thrills last couple of days...

German inspection failed the car for worn tires (outer third of the Goodyears!) and a license plate that was not screwed flush with the bumper.

So another set of Goodyears are on the way from TireRack (thanks Luke!) and Chris M. shipping a European licence plate holder for the front sourced from Superior Chevy in Kansas City.

I've got 30 days to correct the issues...also means I've got tires to burn.

Happen to check the Ring schedule for confirming the 17th is next open day...low and behold - they updated the date to today! The new pavement install appeared to be ahead of schedule...

Filled up with $7 gallon V Power:

3 hours later - arrival at the Ring on a 45 degree, moist day:

After another fill up outside the track:

Video of my sloppy actions for 3 laps (30 Euro each):

The car seemed to attract a bit of attention - we were smiling and giggling the entire lap.

Most enjoyable was the yump under braking which triggered the ABS as the tires got light as well as the big drop off as you track out of the corner...again tires unload and the car slides the right a notch.

The exhaust note is quite exciting and the best corning car I've driven. I've got plenty of room for improvement for the nut behind the wheel...should be a good year.

Last edited by Tim M; 03-09-2019 at 03:51 PM.
Old 03-09-2019, 11:52 AM   #56
Midnight Rat

Drives: SS 1LE
Says video unavailable.
Midnight Rat is offline   Reply With Quote