Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Phastek Performance

Old 06-30-2020, 11:37 AM   #1
Frost_SS

Drives: Camaro
July Incentives

So this is likely the month I will finally be purchasing my 1le. I recently moved from CA to TX and have a few different candidates lined up. Do incentives generally get updated on the 1st day of the month on Gm's site? Or does anyone have any inside info they wouldnt mind sharing

It appears for the color im after Im simply too late to the party for 2019s so I'm left with the 2020's (not bad at all, just limits my options).
Frost_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 12:10 PM   #2
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
We'll know July incentives tomorrow morning.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 06:56 PM   #3
suckamc

Drives: ford
Hopefully they increase because the dealers are giving few if any discounts. Not sure I've ever tried purchasing a vehicle and the quote I receive back is MSRP minus the current $1500 rebate. Zero dealer discount. Zero. This isn't from just one dealer. It's from many. I am an out of state buyer so it "may" help to have shoes on the showroom floor. But I doubt by much. Meanwhile Ford was blowing out their Mustangs at 20% off 2019's and you can still get up to 15% off a 2020.

And Chevy wonders why the Camaro doesn't sell well?
suckamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 10:39 PM   #4
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
$1500 until 8/3 on 2020.
2K on 2019.

No change...
Old 06-30-2020, 10:40 PM   #5
DemonZL1

Drives: like a granny
ugh, I really wanted an increase !!! LOL

Anderson composites coupon code : Demon
DemonZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 10:43 PM   #6
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

RIGHT! I figured they'd bump it by $500, or 0%.

I was talking to my salesman today and he said the showroom is D-E-A-D.
Old 07-01-2020, 06:31 AM   #7
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Inventory levels are going down... There's no incentive for GM to increase the offer values, and dealers are getting more stingy with what they'll chip in as well.

Shop around, don't be afraid to travel to get what you want. I drove 140 miles and trailered my car home a month ago... It was literally the last car like it left in the US and it happened to be pretty close to home (comparatively).

Use the Chevy Inventory Search and set your ZIP Code to something in the middle of the US. Then set the search radius at max and you should be able to see everything out there that would suit you.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 10:54 AM   #8
Frost_SS

Drives: Camaro
Pretty disappointing to be honest. I was hoping for a 0% offer or 2500 cashback atleast for well qualified buyers. "Shopping around" on a 1le in a color you want is basically the whole country at this point and try to get a decent shipping rate if its not local. Right now isnt an easy time to buy with many dealers offering very little on incentives and a whopping $1500 off from GM.
Frost_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 11:06 AM   #9
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost_SS View Post
Pretty disappointing to be honest. I was hoping for a 0% offer or 2500 cashback atleast for well qualified buyers. "Shopping around" on a 1le in a color you want is basically the whole country at this point and try to get a decent shipping rate if its not local. Right now isnt an easy time to buy with many dealers offering very little on incentives and a whopping $1500 off from GM.
I can appreciate the feelings... Mine were similar. Coming out of May and into June, I saw the incentives on the 2019's drop and the cash-back on the 2020's remain steady. I was able to lock in the $1500 for the 2020 easily enough since it continued into the beginning of June when I bought. I had to rely on my strong credit score to get low financing rates, though.

I was trying to figure out transport until I just decided to trailer it myself. Instead of $700 plus to get it home from 150 miles away, the entire effort cost me under $100 in extra gas, trailer rental, and tolls. And towing it was a complete non-issue. If you're able to to a "fly and drive" or similar (so long as the selling state issues temp tags), then the actual cost of getting it home should be quite reasonable compared to transport costs (and it's never in the hands of a third-party).
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 11:10 AM   #10
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
I don't think you'll see 0% on 2020s for a while. There won't be much inventory left when and if that happens. GM is looking at the amount of inventory available and since it's very low, they know they don't need to load up the 2020s with big incentives at this point.

We've already pre-sold our Hyper Blue 1LE that we have ordered simply because there's almost no inventory on them out there. Ours was one of 8 ordered with PDR in the entire country. The Satin Steel 2SS 1LE that we have ordered, one of 3 with PDR and one of 8 total in the US.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 11:16 PM   #11
cooldawg

Drives: RAM
I jumped on an F8/sepia leather Hellcat WB today. Including PD rebate, snagged a $14k+ discount. The 1LE is a great car, but GM kept deleting my favorite colors (bright yellow, RG) .

Camaro is simply a different animal than Challenger, but it sure is nice to have the extra cabin space. I had many contacts with regional dealer on a ZLE I really liked- a lot. They wouldn’t move. They wouldn’t come down from advertised sale price of roughly $7500 off and even then- that would’ve required another $1800 for a set of <out of stock> street tires!

The way I figure it, the company that wanted my business the most won my business. I cannot believe I have a RAM, challenger and no Chevys... after 30 plus years of driving chevys. The C8 does not appeal to me at all. It seems to me a large portion of the problem is GM sports car = C8. Makes sense given Camaro is a two seater, I suppose.
cooldawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 11:16 PM   #12
seethruya

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1 Conv
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldawg View Post
I jumped on an F8/sepia leather Hellcat WB today. Including PD rebate, snagged a $14k+ discount. The 1LE is a great car, but GM kept deleting my favorite colors (bright yellow, RG) .

Camaro is simply a different animal than Challenger, but it sure is nice to have the extra cabin space. I had many contacts with regional dealer on a ZLE I really liked- a lot. They wouldn’t move. They wouldn’t come down from advertised sale price of roughly $7500 off and even then- that would’ve required another $1800 for a set of <out of stock> street tires!

The way I figure it, the company that wanted my business the most won my business. I cannot believe I have a RAM, challenger and no Chevys... after 30 plus years of driving chevys. The C8 does not appeal to me at all. It seems to me a large portion of the problem is GM sports car = C8. Makes sense given Camaro is a two seater, I suppose.
I like both but it’s really hard to compare the two as outside of both having two doors and V8 engines, the Camaro and Challenger are about as far apart as you can get in this class. Which is the same positioning they had in the 60s.
seethruya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 05:38 AM   #13
Mrbobcat

Drives: 2016 Mustang GT premium
Good choice cooldawg. I'm pretty sure I'm going with a Scat Pack now instead of the Camaro. F8 was one of my top picks until the Sinamon stick came out. I do like the caramel interior option, but sure wish it wasn't just the seats. Just because of that I may not get that color and may try to get a 50th instead. I still haven't decided on a trim for sure yet. I like the 1320 and wide body also. I almost took a road trip to look at a shaker at 10k off last week, but changed my mind because it had a sunroof. I'm also thinking of upgrading my house because it needs a ton of work and doesn't have a garage. I know now I should have done it earlier as it looks like its gonna take a couple months or so and by that time I may miss a 50th or a good deal on a 20 and may have to wait and order a 21. IDK if it would really affect my credit much though? They say not to make a big purchase right before buying a house, but my Mustang was pushing 40k when new and I should be able to get a SP for slightly less than that with rebates and my positive equity. But I know I won't be able to 0% interest like I have now, so that will make a difference.
Mrbobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 09:17 AM   #14
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbobcat View Post
Good choice cooldawg. I'm pretty sure I'm going with a Scat Pack now instead of the Camaro. F8 was one of my top picks until the Sinamon stick came out. I do like the caramel interior option, but sure wish it wasn't just the seats. Just because of that I may not get that color and may try to get a 50th instead. I still haven't decided on a trim for sure yet. I like the 1320 and wide body also. I almost took a road trip to look at a shaker at 10k off last week, but changed my mind because it had a sunroof. I'm also thinking of upgrading my house because it needs a ton of work and doesn't have a garage. I know now I should have done it earlier as it looks like its gonna take a couple months or so and by that time I may miss a 50th or a good deal on a 20 and may have to wait and order a 21. IDK if it would really affect my credit much though? They say not to make a big purchase right before buying a house, but my Mustang was pushing 40k when new and I should be able to get a SP for slightly less than that with rebates and my positive equity. But I know I won't be able to 0% interest like I have now, so that will make a difference.
FWIW- My mom is an ex-realtor and she has had several deals fall thru because people bought cars JUST BEFORE the house closed.