Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-04-2018, 10:07 AM   #43
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
I keep the lid for the PF64 filter box and write down the date, mileage, oil brand and grade, and with this car I'm adding the engine hours to the info on the filter box lid.

When I traded in my '06 GTO at a dealer in Ohio they really didn't want to take a "high performance" car with some bolt on mods from out of state. I went out to the glove box and brought in a stack of filter box lids with all the info from each oil change, I drove home in a new car that day.
Old 12-04-2018, 11:24 AM   #44
Eldi Z

Drives: 17' 1SS 1LE GBA-Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCKD 1LE View Post
Oh you better believe they are, GM is hardcore when it comes to an engine or trans warranty. Records will be pulled from the dealership from the moment you signed the paperwork to the day the error occurred. PCM will be copied and sent off for review on everything from you're driving habits to any ecu modifications.
If you don't have the necessary paperwork proving you performed the oil change at the required intervals then they will void the warranty without a second look. ( GM doesn't play around with High Performance engines)

If a dealership screws something up, they are required to fix it with zero cost to you. If a GM part fails while under warranty, GM will reimburse the dealership to fix it also at no charge to you.

If you screw something up, you've gotta fix it and depending how big the screw up is I hope you have the tools to pull and replace an engine the same way you performed that diy oil change, because GM is just going to laugh you right out the door.

Not trying to scare anyone away from doing their own oil changes, Just keep you're records and be extra careful!
This
+ in my case, being off-shore makes things with GM even more severe.

I am happy to enjoy "both worlds":
1.) Being able to bring in the oil and filter and having the dealership approve that it is legit / certified (they are not allowed to put anything non-GM-Certified in the vehicles they service anyhow).

2.) Being able to stand next to the tech and supervise his activities "live" and then get a formal receipt for the service interval itself.
Eldi Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 11:35 AM   #45
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Gto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
I keep the lid for the PF64 filter box and write down the date, mileage, oil brand and grade, and with this car I'm adding the engine hours to the info on the filter box lid.

When I traded in my '06 GTO at a dealer in Ohio they really didn't want to take a "high performance" car with some bolt on mods from out of state. I went out to the glove box and brought in a stack of filter box lids with all the info from each oil change, I drove home in a new car that day.
I traded an 06 GTO for my 1LE. I had a few minor boltons but they were excited about the trade and the condition of the vehicle
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 12:54 PM   #46
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
I traded an 06 GTO for my 1LE. I had a few minor boltons but they were excited about the trade and the condition of the vehicle
I traded a '06 GTO A4 with 52,000 miles for a '06 GTO M6 with 8,000 miles back in 2008.
Condition wasn't an issue, it was the 52,000 in two years, and once they saw the stack of proof their concerns were gone.
That was my point. I had probably 18-20 PF46 filter box lids with dates and mileage leading up to the date of the deal.

Tags
1le, change, dealer, oil