Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-08-2017, 04:33 PM   #29
aai

Drives: '17 SS/1LE/PDR
Slick, any chance you can share a pic if available where you tapped your LOC into from the head unit signal? thanks. Glad its stripped down like this, easier to upgrade. Just need that signal!
Old 07-08-2017, 05:23 PM   #30
MySS8U

Drives: Black 1SS 1LE
I've been trying to figure all this out as well. I started asking questions here http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=480584 but everyone is just ignoring me. Why did they make the 1LE different? My old profile is imperialsscamaro. I had a sub and amp installed in my 16 1SS but since I upgraded to the 17 1LE I'm not sure if I can have it now. Thanks in advance if we can get more clarity on this. The install shops in my area are clueless and I'm scared to have them touch it until I know exactly how this should work out.
MySS8U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 11:20 AM   #31
SlickZL1

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
I didn't take pictures of it apart, it was hot and I just wanted to get it done.
So, I originally spent over an hour trying to wire it to behind the head unit, but it was so hard to get to and run the wires that I gave up and went the easy route. Both front kick panels have the speaker wires going to the doors, I simply cut the wires and sent the signal to my lc7i in the trunk, then back up to each door from my new amp.

The rears required removal of the rear seat in order to get the rear panel off for speaker replacement. The same process as the front, stock speaker wires were cut and sent to truck for inputs and then wires from amp run back to the new speakers.

The car audio shop gave me this print out of the wiring colors. It's for a 2016, but as far as speaker wires it is accurate for my 17 SS1LE.

In the second pic you can see my finger holding the blue speaker wires out of the bundle in the drivers side kick panel.

Sorry th pics are all rotated.
Attached Images

Last edited by SlickZL1; 07-09-2017 at 11:38 AM.
SlickZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 12:51 PM   #32
PinHead
Banned

Drives: Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by MySS8U View Post
I've been trying to figure all this out as well. I started asking questions here http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=480584 but everyone is just ignoring me. Why did they make the 1LE different? My old profile is imperialsscamaro. I had a sub and amp installed in my 16 1SS but since I upgraded to the 17 1LE I'm not sure if I can have it now. Thanks in advance if we can get more clarity on this. The install shops in my area are clueless and I'm scared to have them touch it until I know exactly how this should work out.
More likely they relocated certain accessories for weight and balance to improve 1LE suspension performance.
PinHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 01:32 PM   #33
formoutofchaos

Drives: Camaro 2017 1LE
Quote:
You can get a sub in there to work, but an overall upgrade in clarity and sound is not possible. I am a home audiophile , and loved my c7 stereo, the 1ss won't take speaker upgrades in connection with amp to create a higher quality sound, you can get louder and a sub yes. For me It got louder and would break down when music changed but the sub was fine. I wanted higher clarity no matter what we did couldn't achieve that
formoutofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 03:05 PM   #34
MySS8U

Quote:
Originally Posted by formoutofchaos View Post
You can get a sub in there to work, but an overall upgrade in clarity and sound is not possible. I am a home audiophile , and loved my c7 stereo, the 1ss won't take speaker upgrades in connection with amp to create a higher quality sound, you can get louder and a sub yes. For me It got louder and would break down when music changed but the sub was fine. I wanted higher clarity no matter what we did couldn't achieve that

just to be clear to what your saying I can get the sub installed in the back just for bass purposes and leave the rest stock to keep it sounding the same but with more bass?
Old 07-09-2017, 09:35 PM   #35
lownslowss
PaPa Smurf

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
I heard a 1LE with a complete speaker replacement the other day while in car toys just asking questions. It sounded very good. My 5th gen was all Focal and Alpine. I don't know what speakers they used but the installer said they did doors and rears and 10" sub.
Old 07-09-2017, 11:06 PM   #36
SlickZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by formoutofchaos View Post
Sorry, you had a bad experience but that blanket statement is simply just not true. I've done it and it sounds every bit as good as my c7.
Old 07-09-2017, 11:11 PM   #37
SlickZL1

Quote:
just to be clear to what your saying I can get the sub installed in the back just for bass purposes and leave the rest stock to keep it sounding the same but with more bass?
If you only want more bass, then just add an audio control LC2i using the front or rear speakers for inputs and an amp and sub of your choosing. It's actually easier to get to the front speaker wires in the kick panels than the rear speakers, less disassembly.
Old 07-10-2017, 12:21 AM   #38
MySS8U

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickZL1 View Post
If you only want more bass, then just add an audio control LC2i using the front or rear speakers for inputs and an amp and sub of your choosing. It's actually easier to get to the front speaker wires in the kick panels than the rear speakers, less disassembly.
THANKS, my old name was imperialsscamaro and a local shop installed my old amp and sub. It sounded great to me. I'm not looking for this siren sound nor am I looking to have every nut, screw, and bolt vibrated apart, just a better sound. Also I don't want the sound of the exhaust coming from my bass. Do you have a barney style (purple dinosaur) explanation I can tell my local installers? They seem to get so confused when I tell them some exhaust sound actually comes from some bass in the speakers. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-10-2017, 12:23 AM   #39
thescreensavers

Drives: SW 1SS 1LE / Jeep XJ
I elected to keep stock speakers and simply add a sub, it's tied to the rear passenger speaker and works great. Stock speakers aren't terrible tbh don't think I'll personally do more in the near term.
thescreensavers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 12:33 AM   #40
MySS8U

Quote:
Originally Posted by thescreensavers View Post
I elected to keep stock speakers and simply add a sub, it's tied to the rear passenger speaker and works great. Stock speakers aren't terrible tbh don't think I'll personally do more in the near term.
AWSONE!!!
Old 07-10-2017, 12:44 AM   #41
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
Quote:
THANKS, my old name was imperialsscamaro and a local shop installed my old amp and sub. It sounded great to me. I'm not looking for this siren sound nor am I looking to have every nut, screw, and bolt vibrated apart, just a better sound. Also I don't want the sound of the exhaust coming from my bass. Do you have a barney style (purple dinosaur) explanation I can tell my local installers? They seem to get so confused when I tell them some exhaust sound actually comes from some bass in the speakers. Thanks in advance.
Engine sound does not come through the speakers in the 1SS.
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 07:24 AM   #42
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
ok so I am finally in this boat as well. What sub options do we have for the 1SS that allows me to have a sub in the truck, but out of the way and not taking up trunk space?

And so I understand this correctly, all I need to do is tap into one of the rear side panel speakers for the high level input and run it to the back for the sub?
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote