Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-15-2017, 08:31 PM   #15
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Part of me really thinks it belongs in AS but at the same time there are so many good drivers running C5/C6 Z06s I think it will take an EXCEPTIONAL driver to beat the Vettes consistently. I think I'm screwed either way with AS or Cam up here in DC thanks to the Vettes in AS and Danny Kao and his crazy 16' SS in Cam haha
Old 05-16-2017, 10:56 AM   #16
sholzer

Drives: Cayman S or Borrowed 17 1SS 1LE
FNxR3DNECK, sorry we missed you this weekend. BIL ended up having to work and my car is at the dealer still. But yea Larry is quick, I'm hoping to be within shouting distance of him when I get my car back.

Since the 1LE is stuck with 19s or 20s I'm not sure if the go to would be a RE71r in 285/35/19f 305/30/19r (1 inch shorter than stock rear, front is same size) or stick with 20s and run 295/30/20s square. I'd be interested to see how it would do with non-OEM tires
sholzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 11:39 AM   #17
MatthewAMEL

Drives: 2023 CT5 Blackwing
The issue becomes the difference in height between 30/35. Apparently, it confuses PTM. Keep the tire height the same.

I'm leaning for the 295 square after this season and reading everyone else's experience.

2023 Wave Metallic
CT5-V Blackwing M6
MatthewAMEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 12:48 PM   #18
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholzer View Post
FNxR3DNECK, sorry we missed you this weekend. BIL ended up having to work and my car is at the dealer still. But yea Larry is quick, I'm hoping to be within shouting distance of him when I get my car back.

Since the 1LE is stuck with 19s or 20s I'm not sure if the go to would be a RE71r in 285/35/19f 305/30/19r (1 inch shorter than stock rear, front is same size) or stick with 20s and run 295/30/20s square. I'd be interested to see how it would do with non-OEM tires

It's all good man I still had a blast even though I was a few seconds off the pace. And to be fair Larry (who won the class by a lil over a second) ran his fastest run with group 2, when the course was already starting to dry out a little so that may have given him a slight advantage. Idk how/why he ran in group 2 as the rest of us did all of our runs in group 1 and it was very slick!

I'm pretty sure all of the Vettes were on RE71rs so I think that will be the way to go once I get plenty of seat time under my belt. I plan on running the rest of this season with the stock set up and hopefully going to a 19" wheel for next year, with either 285/305 or 305 square RE71rs.

Need to wait and see how the feedback from all the other guys on here about how the PTM likes other tire sizes and brands.

My biggest focus now is seat time and improving my fundamentals, I plan on doing the 2 events next month and then the Level 1/2 school in July. Hopefully I will have a very good grasp on everything by then!
Old 05-16-2017, 02:32 PM   #19
MatthewAMEL

Drives: 2023 CT5 Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNxR3DNECK View Post
It's all good man I still had a blast even though I was a few seconds off the pace. And to be fair Larry (who won the class by a lil over a second) ran his fastest run with group 2, when the course was already starting to dry out a little so that may have given him a slight advantage. Idk how/why he ran in group 2 as the rest of us did all of our runs in group 1 and it was very slick!

I'm pretty sure all of the Vettes were on RE71rs so I think that will be the way to go once I get plenty of seat time under my belt. I plan on running the rest of this season with the stock set up and hopefully going to a 19" wheel for next year, with either 285/305 or 305 square RE71rs.

Need to wait and see how the feedback from all the other guys on here about how the PTM likes other tire sizes and brands.

My biggest focus now is seat time and improving my fundamentals, I plan on doing the 2 events next month and then the Level 1/2 school in July. Hopefully I will have a very good grasp on everything by then!

BTW - when I mentioned keeping the tire height the same, I meant between front and rear. Run all 30 or 35, but not split sizes.

2023 Wave Metallic
CT5-V Blackwing M6
MatthewAMEL is offline   Reply With Quote