Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

AWE Tuning

Old 09-26-2016, 09:03 PM   #57
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Thanks for the write up! Very helpful, I will check out that website. I see how they tuck in more than the stock 20" wheels. Which to me is a benefit so the wheels wells catch more road debris than the side of the car. Also improving my splash guards once those are installed.
Old 09-27-2016, 06:12 AM   #58
bturner2

Drives: 2SS, Hyper Blue, Sunroof, NPP, MRC
Great write up, that help a lot. 7mm I can live with, not sure I want to risk it with the 2013 wheels. Looks like I'll be looking for some 18" 2016 wheels.
bturner2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 06:48 AM   #59
Shasta McNasty

Drives: 2016 1LT V6 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bturner2 View Post
Great write up, that help a lot. 7mm I can live with, not sure I want to risk it with the 2013 wheels. Looks like I'll be looking for some 18" 2016 wheels.
Yeah, that's exactly why I did the research to figure all this "stuff" out. I found a used set of Gen 5 wheels with snows for under $500 and really wanted to pull the trigger. But after looking at the details I decided against it. Yes I could have used 25mm spacers but that adds extra hassle and expense. Plus I don't like spacers in general, especially deep ones that have to bolt onto the hub and then give another set of studs for the wheel to mount.

So I ponied up the cash for a new set of Blizzaks mounted to new wheels at Tire Rack.

One more web site that helped me was wheel-size.com:

http://www.wheel-size.com/size/chevrolet/camaro/2016/

But up until a month or so ago, their numbers for Gen 6 were wrong--just copy-pasted from Gen 5 . I ended up taking a wheel off to check the stamping.
Shasta McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote