Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 02-01-2019, 07:04 PM   #29
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Old 02-01-2019, 07:24 PM   #30
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
They really need to add some practicality (or at least the "perception" of practicality) back into the Camaro again.

Now, I'm not saying make into some stupid CUV, but they have to make it more appealing to more people than just hardcore racers or weekend cruisers.

On the current 6th gen, the trunk is really narrow and the back seats are basically unusable for adults even for short trips. I know there's nothing you can do about the back seats until they redesign it, but the trunk being super narrow is bewildering.

What is located between the carpeted trunk panel and the inside of the quarter panel skin?
Seems like there would be a lot of storage space to be gained in there.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 07:33 PM   #31
grampa_ss

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
9/10. Best car I've ever owned. I could careless about the back seat or gas mileage. Visibility is just fine. I do not have the TC shudder (knock on wood). I live pretty much in the high (dry) desert so I do not have the windshield fogging issue. As long as I can fit 2 drag radials, a floor jack, a gallon of meth, a toolbag, an over night suitcase, small cooler, helmet and a tire pump for the 5 hr drive to Vegas, I'm good. And it does.

nothings perfect. knocking off 1 point for rear groan and the fact the tranny needs tuning to run smooth.

Last edited by grampa_ss; 02-07-2019 at 07:07 AM.
grampa_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 07:42 PM   #32
Frankie18SS

Drives: 18 Camaro 2SS, 07 Saturn Ion
An enthusiastic 10/10 for me.

My list includes a 2001 Camaro SS, 2010 CTS4 and a 2015 CTS4.

I'll say the only way I feel that I gave up practicality over the Caddys was buying a stick and losing remote start. I'm not bothered by trunk space because I usually don't have too much back there. The visibility is fine if people would learn how to properly set their damn mirrors.

The ONLY disappointment I've experienced with the 6th Gen is the amount of brake dust created by the stock pads. I put some aftermarket pads on and my only issue is resolved.

All in all, I couldn't be happier!
Old 02-01-2019, 07:52 PM   #33
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
I would rate my 2SS a solid 9. Not perfect but it’s by far the best and most fun car I’ve ever owned! I love the handling, performance, looks, and comfort features! So glad I got a nicely loaded 2SS! No regrets!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 08:47 PM   #34
Lazerbrainz2k3

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS - M6, NPP, MRC
8's.

Partly sue to the vibration in the shifter and the clunking from the front end (dealership has a new shifter and bolts for the from end links scheduled for install next Friday), but mostly because it's winter (a balmy high of 20 today vs yesterday's 15!), the Blizzaks are on, and due to some snow today the roads are all salted over so I'm not driving it.

But hey, next week the highs will be between low 40s and 60! So back to mid/high 9's, my spring thru fall number.
Lazerbrainz2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 08:54 PM   #35
RomanB

Drives: 2LT RS Yellow Convertible
Overall look 8:10
Quality: 6:10
Feel Special: 8:10
---> 7/10
Old 02-01-2019, 09:07 PM   #36
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
At 20k miles, 8/10

1 point off because I don't like the stereo system. I am getting that fixed this month, so 9/10 if you budget that in.
1 point off because the gearbox doesn't like to be short shifted. IDK how to change this.
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 09:10 PM   #37
Deputy Dog
Banned

Drives: 2017 Super Sport Cam.
So far the most fun, maybe the best but I only have 22k miles on it. If it continues to do what it does it will be the best.
Deputy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 09:13 PM   #38
Deputy Dog
Banned

Drives: 2017 Super Sport Cam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
They really need to add some practicality (or at least the "perception" of practicality) back into the Camaro again.

Now, I'm not saying make into some stupid CUV, but they have to make it more appealing to more people than just hardcore racers or weekend cruisers.

On the current 6th gen, the trunk is really narrow and the back seats are basically unusable for adults even for short trips. I know there's nothing you can do about the back seats until they redesign it, but the trunk being super narrow is bewildering.

What is located between the carpeted trunk panel and the inside of the quarter panel skin?

Mine is practical...and its my Daily Driver.
Deputy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 09:36 PM   #39
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Yes I would buy a 6 gen again and considering getting a 2020 or 2021. Of the 5 Camaros I have owned since 1982 the ‘16 is the best one so far. Go for it Johnny. I don’t think you will regret getting a 6 gen.
Old 02-01-2019, 09:39 PM   #40
Frankie18SS

Drives: 18 Camaro 2SS, 07 Saturn Ion
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyUMad1LE View Post
At 20k miles, 8/10

1 point off because I don't like the stereo system. I am getting that fixed this month, so 9/10 if you budget that in.
1 point off because the gearbox doesn't like to be short shifted. IDK how to change this.
Fair point about the stereo. My 4th Gen had a Monsoon that sounded ridiculously good for a stock system.
Old 02-01-2019, 10:27 PM   #41
CCG Garnet Red

Drives: 2017 RS Garnet Red Tintcoat A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post

Some of the grips on here make me wonder why people bought their Camaro. It's a great sports car, not an SUV, of which hundreds are now available. My 75 RS and 79 Z 28 didn't seat a basketball team and their equipment either. The new "Blazer" looks kinda like a Camaro with its front end and the dash. It will remedy some of the listed shortcomings. JMO.
CCG Garnet Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 10:44 PM   #42
CCG Garnet Red

Drives: 2017 RS Garnet Red Tintcoat A8
Nothing but complements for my son's 17 RS since we got it about 17 months ago. No one has said the following: "Sure has a small trunk and back seats, can you see out of it, does it have the A8 shutter yet ( have had the flush at about 4500 mi), let me hear the sound system or my SUV is higher off the ground, will haul more, and has bigger windows/winshield and will outperform it at the track or thru the quarter." I am 5'11 and about 240 lbs of needing to lose some weight. I rode in the back seat for about an hr when we drove it home so my wife could drive and my son could ride shotgun. Would I want to do that a lot? No. Heck, myself and three other of my 150 to 180 lb 80's type friends used to ride around for hrs together in my 75 RS and 79 Z28 back in the day. We couldn't do it today, but two of us would make it fine today, Ha! My 81 year old mother, who gifted him some of the purchase price thought it was a two seater like my vette. She was happy it could seat him and three of his friends. So it goes. Love the car.
CCG Garnet Red is offline   Reply With Quote