Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-05-2019, 01:49 PM   #71
G2K
@Blackmamba_1LE

Drives: 2017 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
Ferrari's too for that matter. Fender gap is a visual thing. Manufacturers get the roll center, spring rates, and shock valving right and the fender gap is the least of their concerns.

They have to meet certain Federal regulations, I am not sure about sports cars, but I know with regular passenger cars then need a certain front bumper clearance and to be able to install snow chains/cables without issues.

When you mess with the ride height from the factory (especially on a sports car that is calibrated for best handling performance) you mess with all the things that the engineers designed into the car for its stock ride height like roll center, spring rates and shock valving curves.

Not sure about everyone else, but I think that GM did a pretty good job with the fender gap on the SS 1LE. See below pic. Now, if I look back at pics of my C5 Z06, now that WAS fender gap, looked like a damn 4X4.
While I agree with some stuff I also disagree with others... that fact that GM chose this height doesn't mean it was the best... (example, Z1LE is lower)...

Take into consideration consumer market etc... they know if they sell a car that's too low, less people would buy it... its that simple. No way in hell someone would convince me that if this car was lower and calibrated the shocks, and other components accordingly it wouldn't be an even MUCH better car.

I understand this, i just wish there was more options or simply more data than whats out there to get your $$$. Big companies do great on that last part, there are the best of getting $$ out of your pocket
Old 02-05-2019, 02:03 PM   #72
ToeKnee Sea

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Well there's the forward motion of the car to push it down. Then add to that the air resistance that pushes the car down on all surfaces. Then add the extra downforce of all the aero bits on the 1LE and that pushes it down further. Then add to that the weight of a full tank of gas. Finally, add to that the drivers weight to push it down further. At 70 mph... what gap?
ToeKnee Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 07:50 AM   #73
Whocares05050

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
I would love to drop mine like yours but man I can barely get out of my driveway as it is now and any shopping malls here are small entrance / exit ramps that I need to take at an angle in stock form cause itll scrape already... looks awesome
Whocares05050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 04:27 PM   #74
NASTY_1LE

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whocares05050 View Post
I would love to drop mine like yours but man I can barely get out of my driveway as it is now and any shopping malls here are small entrance / exit ramps that I need to take at an angle in stock form cause itll scrape already... looks awesome
I feel the same way.. i love the look.. just don’t want to deal with the paranoia of scraping lol

The front splitter already makes me nervous
Old 02-09-2019, 07:00 PM   #75
PNW1LE

Drives: 2018 ss 1le
Having come from a car on pretty aggressive H&R coilovers, the ride height and the mag ride in general is pretty refreshing. I've never driven a car that handles this well and rides as comfortably as this does, and not having to worry about scraping everywhere I go is nice, but I mean if it's not your daily I guess that's a different scenario.
PNW1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 01:48 PM   #76
Boogie4bear

Drives: 1lt
side splitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chozn4service View Post
Thanks so much! If only judges at shows thought as you do I’d be in the hunt.
I really like your car. What side splitter do you have on it? If you don't mind me asking. Thx
Boogie4bear is offline   Reply With Quote