Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-16-2019, 03:53 AM   #1
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
shop manual usb or paper?

is there any benefits to the usb? easier to find stuff? does it show links to pages ?
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 04:18 AM   #2
Soleil

Drives: Camaro 50th anniversary edition
As long as you have a searchable pdf. there is no difference.
Soleil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 04:31 AM   #3
LADYBUG5

Drives: ‘18 1SS 1LE
I’ve had good luck with helm.com
LADYBUG5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 04:43 PM   #4
JCunningham

id be getting the helm GM manual
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
Old 02-16-2019, 04:58 PM   #5
Warrior102

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE Black
Physical manuals are nice but being able to print off what pages you need and who cares if they get greasy or wet. I purchased a GM service manual online 2016 - 2017 (download PDF) a few months back for $29, 13,028 pages 252.1MB sadly I didn't save the link.
Warrior102 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 07:08 PM   #6
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
If someone wants to share PDF shop manual.. PM me, I would like to keep one for reference.

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 08:50 PM   #7
JCunningham

i have a 2016 pdf that i got for free but its missing the 6.2l repair section so not much use. if someone has a usb helms GMP17FUSB. and could so a short video demonstration of how it works.
Old 02-19-2019, 10:38 PM   #8
trcsr

Drives: 2018 2LT/RS Conv
I just got my Helms paper manuals. I prefer the paper over the USB because I don't have my computer on all the time, and especially when I am working on a car. So, I don't want to need to turn the computer on just to look at one or two pages or an entire procedure for one or two jobs. As someone else suggested on this post, you can print out the pages from the pdf file and not have to worry about getting them dirty, but unless you are planning in advance, it still means that you need to turn the computer on in order to print out the required pages. Therefore, the bottom line is; do what you are most comfortable with and what suits your needs and desires.
trcsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 11:25 PM   #9
JCunningham

i have a computer running in the garage 24/7. and printing the stuff out wouldn't be a problem. i just want to know if its as easy as finding stuff in the book.