Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 03-08-2018, 10:52 PM   #43
warriordave927
Deadpool

Drives: 2016 camaro lt rs m6 redhot
I did mine a couple thousand miles ago and the noise continued right after but got better with time and eventually went away completely. Ive heard that if you do figure 8's maybe in an empty parking lot itll help get the fluid through the clutches to lubricate all the way through,i didnt have to do this but maybe something you can try
warriordave927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 11:19 PM   #44
soloknight6
SoCal HT5! SD

Drives: 2016 red hot 2ss M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriordave927 View Post
I did mine a couple thousand miles ago and the noise continued right after but got better with time and eventually went away completely. Ive heard that if you do figure 8's maybe in an empty parking lot itll help get the fluid through the clutches to lubricate all the way through,i didnt have to do this but maybe something you can try
Yea, had to do this with the ctsv, as it had a noisy diff when cold. It took a few diff fluid swaps, but the noise was eventually eliminated with persistence and figure eights lol.
Old 03-08-2018, 11:20 PM   #45
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
I took my car out of winter storage last week during a brief spring-like day to change the oil for the first time. I took it on a short drive and 5 miles in while turning a corner, I heard a pop followed by grinding.

I immediately pulled over thinking it was my rear end or oil filter letting go since I had just changed it. When I looked under the car to insdpect, I found the source. It was a 6 inch, crazy sharp tree stick that somehow shot up into the driver side belly pan (that felt covered plastic underbody panel). It left a small, undetectable hole and was completely vertical, scraping the street. Wtf?! Lol

Sorry to derail but thought it was an interesting grinding noise story. :-)
Cgocifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 08:42 AM   #46
hakank14

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriordave927 View Post
I will give doing figure 8's a try, if it persists.
hakank14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 03:46 PM   #47
Deam0n

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS (European Version)
I bought my car in January and had that sound for the last 2 months...

Took it to the dealer, they've changed the rear differential, and the noise is gone for now.. (hopefully for good)

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk
Deam0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 10:36 PM   #48
hakank14

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE M6
Just realized I never updated this. The noise completely went away a couple days after this post, and hasn't made the noise again since. So about a week it took, I would say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakank14 View Post
I am having this same issue. I first noticed it maybe two days before my break-in period ended, just this past week. I changed the rear differential fluid this weekend. It's not as bad as when I first heard it, but after 5 days, there is still some noise. Although it seems to be getting better, it hasn't gone away. Wondering if I should flush and replace again. I got the rear end up on ramps, and it's pretty easy to change.
hakank14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 04:41 AM   #49
wingchunsifu

Drives: 2017 2SS A8, 2018 Macan GTS
Happened to my 2017 A8. As per TSB 2 separate flushes. The first one did not fix it. The second flush completely solved the problem. Never happened to my 2017 M6 that I kept for a year. Just got my new torque convertor for the trans shudder on the A8. all very frustrating but I still love the car!

Just a thought: A "groan" usually means friction, albeit temporary. Friction means breakdown of components over time. There should be no sound coming from the rear diff.
wingchunsifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 05:13 AM   #50
Magnum922

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS, A8
This is happens to my 72 corvette if it sits for about a month. The limited slip differental clutches get dry and make noise turning. It goes away after making hard turns since the gm with posi additive oil gets inbetween them. Changing fluid is a temporary fix. My 17 ss hasn't done it yet.
Old 10-20-2018, 12:12 PM   #51
njweatherman

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS, redline edition
I heard this on mine the fist time last week and then again last night. I have at 2018 2ss, automatic with 2000 miles on it. Mods = K&N cold air intake and flowmaster axleback 817746
Only happens on the first turn or two. It was definitely a rubbing sound. I found an open parking lot and did several sharp turns at slow speeds and could not mimic the sound again. I'll bring it up at my first 3k service.
njweatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 12:39 PM   #52
Azerlazer26

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by njweatherman View Post
I heard this on mine the fist time last week and then again last night. I have at 2018 2ss, automatic with 2000 miles on it. Mods = K&N cold air intake and flowmaster axleback 817746
Only happens on the first turn or two. It was definitely a rubbing sound. I found an open parking lot and did several sharp turns at slow speeds and could not mimic the sound again. I'll bring it up at my first 3k service.
Here’s what they did to my Camaro to resolve the issue. Haven’t had an issue since
Attached Images

Azerlazer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 06:08 PM   #53
njweatherman

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS, redline edition
Thanks for posting.
njweatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 03:33 PM   #54
DarkMaroSS

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
I’m surprised I don’t see too many people with 2017 and 2018 Camaro SS reporting the issue. My 2018 SS A8 started doing this at 3500 miles, and finally I took it in to service last Friday to get the TSB done at 5600 miles, and so they did the 2 flushes and the figure 8. The next morning it started doing it worse and when backing up and turning to get out of my driveway. It doesn’t just do it in the mornings but also in the afternoons when it has been parked for a long time. Apparently the weather doesn’t have to be too cold to do this loud rubbing and 70s is enough to do it.

It is my daily driver but in almost 4 to 5 months, I’ve only put about 2500 or less to it, so it is not related to any abuse.
2018 Camaro 1SS | BBK 92mm TB | GPI Ported LT1 Manifold | ColdAirInductions CAI | Granatelli Wires and MSD coils | Mishimoto Catch Can | GMP Black Strut Tower Brace | NPP Exhaust and 2nd Cat Delete | Recaro Seats | GM Stainless Sport Pedal Kit | GM Carbon Fiber Shift Knob | Deck Lid Spoiler with Wicker Bill | Smoked Sequential Taillights | Smoked Third-Brake Light | 1LE Front Splitter/Satin Black | ZL1Addons Splash Guards

2015 Camaro SS/RS (Sold)
DarkMaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 09:03 PM   #55
Yaselhv

Drives: Camaro 2ss
I have a 2016 Camaro 2ss and I have the same problem they told me it was the brakes and I changed them but everything is still the same, did you solve the problem?
Yaselhv is offline   Reply With Quote