Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions


AWE Tuning


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2021, 09:26 PM   #29
CW3SF
 
CW3SF's Avatar
 
Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1 M6
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Denver
Posts: 482
Thanks and yes those are the AWE tips and they do awesome in person too.
__________________
On the Korn JRE Tuned, Rotofab, Soler TB, ARH Longtubes w/AWE Touring catback, JRE FlexFuel kit, JMS PowerMax Booster and ADMv2 Reservoir.

Next: Ported blower. C&R exchanger and oil cooler
CW3SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 09:34 PM   #30
Z OH 6

 
Z OH 6's Avatar
 
Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: GA
Posts: 814
Here's mine with the Kooks 2" headers, Kooks green cats, AWE resonated touring exhaust. This was taken at Vengeance Racing when they finished the install of my stage 3 package and was doing the final dyno testing.

https://vimeo.com/537969628


This is a fresh cold start a few days after I got the car back from Vengeance Racing. This is with the AWE resonators, I have since replaced them with Vibrant 1795 resonators which I think sounds even better. I will get a new clip with the new resonators this weekend, until then...

https://vimeo.com/537968265
__________________
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Red Hot A10 - Vengeance Racing Stage III - 678whp SAE/693whp STD on pump 93
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 11:21 PM   #31
Liquidstone
 
Liquidstone's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 ZL11LE
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post
Here's mine with the Kooks 2" headers, Kooks green cats, AWE resonated touring exhaust. This was taken at Vengeance Racing when they finished the install of my stage 3 package and was doing the final dyno testing.

https://vimeo.com/537969628


This is a fresh cold start a few days after I got the car back from Vengeance Racing. This is with the AWE resonators, I have since replaced them with Vibrant 1795 resonators which I think sounds even better. I will get a new clip with the new resonators this weekend, until then...

https://vimeo.com/537968265

Sounds good! However I'm intrigued to know what it sounds like with your resonator swap
Liquidstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 07:45 AM   #32
Canadian ZL1
 
Canadian ZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 ZL1, 1995 Trans Am
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Toronto,Canada
Posts: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidstone View Post
Sounds good! However I'm intrigued to know what it sounds like with your resonator swap
Yes so am I....I have the AWE Touring Catback non resonator system. I still have the stock headers but have the Roto Fab CAI. I absolutely LOVE the current sound and set up today.

With that said I will be doing the Kooks headers shortly and know I will need the green cats and will be adding the AWE resonators or the Vibrant 1795 resonators. I believe you have convinced me to use those instead....BUT would love to hear a clip with a rev or two!
__________________
_____________________
'17 ZL1 HBM|A10|NAV|PDR|CFW Hood|Sunroof
Canadian ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 08:35 AM   #33
Z OH 6

 
Z OH 6's Avatar
 
Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: GA
Posts: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian ZL1 View Post
Yes so am I....I have the AWE Touring Catback non resonator system. I still have the stock headers but have the Roto Fab CAI. I absolutely LOVE the current sound and set up today.

With that said I will be doing the Kooks headers shortly and know I will need the green cats and will be adding the AWE resonators or the Vibrant 1795 resonators. I believe you have convinced me to use those instead....BUT would love to hear a clip with a rev or two!
I really don't think you'll enjoy it with headers and no resonators. It will likely sound raspy. The resonators won't do much to make it quieter but they will shape the tone a bit and get rid of some the pesky raspiness.
__________________
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Red Hot A10 - Vengeance Racing Stage III - 678whp SAE/693whp STD on pump 93
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 08:50 AM   #34
Liquidstone
 
Liquidstone's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 ZL11LE
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post
I really don't think you'll enjoy it with headers and no resonators. It will likely sound raspy. The resonators won't do much to make it quieter but they will shape the tone a bit and get rid of some the pesky raspiness.

Yes that tin can sound. Can someone varify a setup that negates that???
Liquidstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 09:25 AM   #35
Canadian ZL1
 
Canadian ZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 ZL1, 1995 Trans Am
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Toronto,Canada
Posts: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post
I really don't think you'll enjoy it with headers and no resonators. It will likely sound raspy. The resonators won't do much to make it quieter but they will shape the tone a bit and get rid of some the pesky raspiness.
Hmmmmmm so even I was to add the Awe resonators and or the vibrant 1795 ones it will still sound raspy? I do want to avoid that at all costs. Like I said I really really love the sound and set up I have now. The only reason i am looking to add headers is I am most likely going to add Jannetty Racing 125 package. This package includes the kooks headers.

Any suggestions?
__________________
_____________________
'17 ZL1 HBM|A10|NAV|PDR|CFW Hood|Sunroof
Canadian ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 09:35 AM   #36
Z OH 6

 
Z OH 6's Avatar
 
Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: GA
Posts: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidstone View Post
Yes that tin can sound. Can someone varify a setup that negates that???
Resonators will eliminate that sound.
__________________
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Red Hot A10 - Vengeance Racing Stage III - 678whp SAE/693whp STD on pump 93
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 09:36 AM   #37
Z OH 6

 
Z OH 6's Avatar
 
Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: GA
Posts: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian ZL1 View Post
Hmmmmmm so even I was to add the Awe resonators and or the vibrant 1795 ones it will still sound raspy? I do want to avoid that at all costs. Like I said I really really love the sound and set up I have now. The only reason i am looking to add headers is I am most likely going to add Jannetty Racing 125 package. This package includes the kooks headers.

Any suggestions?
The 1795 resonators will smooth the sound greatly. Even the stock AWE resonators will help compared to no resonators.
__________________
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Red Hot A10 - Vengeance Racing Stage III - 678whp SAE/693whp STD on pump 93
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 10:15 AM   #38
Canadian ZL1
 
Canadian ZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 ZL1, 1995 Trans Am
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Toronto,Canada
Posts: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post
The 1795 resonators will smooth the sound greatly. Even the stock AWE resonators will help compared to no resonators.
Perfect thatís what I thought...sounds like the 1795 resonators will do a better job at smoothing out the sound which is exactly what I want!!!!
__________________
_____________________
'17 ZL1 HBM|A10|NAV|PDR|CFW Hood|Sunroof
Canadian ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 10:46 AM   #39
Z OH 6

 
Z OH 6's Avatar
 
Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: GA
Posts: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian ZL1 View Post
Perfect thatís what I thought...sounds like the 1795 resonators will do a better job at smoothing out the sound which is exactly what I want!!!!
Yes, they will. You'll still have that signature AWE sound without any harshness.
__________________
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Red Hot A10 - Vengeance Racing Stage III - 678whp SAE/693whp STD on pump 93
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 01:35 PM   #40
Alain


 
Alain's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 2,941
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post
Yes, they will. You'll still have that signature AWE sound without any harshness.
Do those 1795s need to be welded in ? Or are they installed with clamps?
__________________
2016 Challenger Hellcat /B5 blue/Sepia interior/Brass Monkey Wheels/

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 02:47 PM   #41
Canadian ZL1
 
Canadian ZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 ZL1, 1995 Trans Am
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Toronto,Canada
Posts: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post
Yes, they will. You'll still have that signature AWE sound without any harshness.
Want to make sure when I am ready which one specifically I should be ordering?
https://www.tdotperformance.ca/vibra...hoCi38QAvD_BwE

Can you provide me with the right part#? it looks like they come in small and large sizes?
__________________
_____________________
'17 ZL1 HBM|A10|NAV|PDR|CFW Hood|Sunroof
Canadian ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 03:09 PM   #42
Z OH 6

 
Z OH 6's Avatar
 
Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: GA
Posts: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain View Post
Do those 1795s need to be welded in ? Or are they installed with clamps?
Welded
__________________
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Red Hot A10 - Vengeance Racing Stage III - 678whp SAE/693whp STD on pump 93
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.