Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions


Phastek Performance


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2021, 10:59 AM   #15
Z OH 6

 
Z OH 6's Avatar
 
Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: GA
Posts: 836
Man that would be frustrating especially if there's no recall or TSB to address it.
__________________
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Red Hot A10 - Vengeance Racing Stage III - 678whp SAE/693whp STD on pump 93
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 11:01 AM   #16
LT4Greg


 
LT4Greg's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Georgia
Posts: 4,276
Seems to be the case of my 2017 too, hawk!
__________________
ZL1 Coupe, PDR, Exposed carbon fiber hood insert, My Link with Nav, M6 6 speed and Silver Ice Metallic. Mods done: ceramic window tint, GM Accessories Camaro floor mats and Roto-Fab CAI.
LT4Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 01:03 PM   #17
SSallday
 
SSallday's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 HBM ZL1 M6
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 493
I’m learning to manage it but it seems like it’s not predictable. I’ve driven plenty of manual vehicles and it was easy to predict how much throttle you would need to get going. I’m going to try it without the all of the electronics. So, when I hit the TC button twice there are two icons that pop up on the instrument panel. When I hit it once only the TC icon pops up. If I hold the button down the TC button comes up and nothing else. Is there a difference between holding it down and hitting it once?
SSallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 02:56 PM   #18
Jaxcam02

 
Jaxcam02's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 Silverado/2017 ZL1
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Jax/Palatka FL
Posts: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSallday View Post
Iím learning to manage it but it seems like itís not predictable. Iíve driven plenty of manual vehicles and it was easy to predict how much throttle you would need to get going. Iím going to try it without the all of the electronics. So, when I hit the TC button twice there are two icons that pop up on the instrument panel. When I hit it once only the TC icon pops up. If I hold the button down the TC button comes up and nothing else. Is there a difference between holding it down and hitting it once?
guessing your not holding it down long enough.
__________________
Jaxcam02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 03:46 PM   #19
SSallday
 
SSallday's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 HBM ZL1 M6
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxcam02 View Post
guessing your not holding it down long enough.
Both lights appeared after I held the button down for 8 seconds. I didnít notice any differences after turning everything off
SSallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 04:20 PM   #20
Dan82679
 
Dan82679's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 ZL1
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: NJ
Posts: 115
It's the dual mass flywheel. I'm replacing my stock clutch soon with an aftermarket clutch. I will update on the results.
Dan82679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 04:21 PM   #21
Jaxcam02

 
Jaxcam02's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 Silverado/2017 ZL1
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Jax/Palatka FL
Posts: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSallday View Post
Both lights appeared after I held the button down for 8 seconds. I didnít notice any differences after turning everything off
Well who knows lol. Ill have to just read the manual when I get to the track to really figure everything out
__________________
Jaxcam02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 10:26 PM   #22
SSallday
 
SSallday's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 HBM ZL1 M6
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxcam02 View Post
Well who knows lol. Ill have to just read the manual when I get to the track to really figure everything out
Just took a look at mine. I think you engage the PTM modes by holding it down. I didn't know which mode I was in, but I'll have to check it out next time I'm in the car
SSallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 02:32 PM   #23
CW3SF
 
CW3SF's Avatar
 
Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1 M6
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Denver
Posts: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan82679 View Post
It's the dual mass flywheel. I'm replacing my stock clutch soon with an aftermarket clutch. I will update on the results.
Itís the tune. Mine is totally and completely 100% GONE after the tune.
__________________
On the Korn JRE Tuned, Rotofab, Soler TB, ARH Longtubes w/AWE Touring catback, JRE FlexFuel kit, JMS PowerMax Booster and ADMv2 Reservoir.

Next: Ported blower. C&R exchanger and oil cooler
CW3SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 07:10 AM   #24
SteveV

 
SteveV's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro 6M Red Hot
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 1,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by CW3SF View Post
It’s the tune. Mine is totally and completely 100% GONE after the tune.
You mention the JRE tune. Is that just a tuner I can buy and upload myself? Sorry if I am ignorant about tuners. Never considered one before.

My warranty is up in 1 month, so I am thinking about headers, green cats, CAI, catback and a tune.
__________________
People are a lot like slinky's: not very helpful most of the time, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs...
SteveV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 09:57 AM   #25
CW3SF
 
CW3SF's Avatar
 
Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1 M6
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Denver
Posts: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
You mention the JRE tune. Is that just a tuner I can buy and upload myself? Sorry if I am ignorant about tuners. Never considered one before.

My warranty is up in 1 month, so I am thinking about headers, green cats, CAI, catback and a tune.
Ted Jannetty is JRE. Heís a sponsor here on the forum. He sells a package with headers and flex fuel and he tunes your car remotely.
__________________
On the Korn JRE Tuned, Rotofab, Soler TB, ARH Longtubes w/AWE Touring catback, JRE FlexFuel kit, JMS PowerMax Booster and ADMv2 Reservoir.

Next: Ported blower. C&R exchanger and oil cooler
CW3SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 10:18 AM   #26
closs2sx

 
closs2sx's Avatar
 
Drives: 1970 chevelle
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Central NH
Posts: 1,353
Have an ss 1le a zl1 1le and a c7 z06 all with manual trans and I always hold the trac button down for 8-10 secs but i never have an issue taking off. Even on a hill if you let the clutch out slow enough they will take off without any throttle input at all. Sometimes thats not an option if there are impatient people behind you but its not an issue here.
__________________
On Order 2018 ZL1 1LE Garnet Red Tint Coat Metallic
MY Car
2015 Z06 Z07
Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic
Dads Car
2013 ZL1 vin 963
Crystal Red Tint Coat/Black Wheels
Exposed Carbon Fiber Insert
6 Spd Manual
closs2sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 11:18 AM   #27
Plasar
 
Drives: 2017 ZL1 Vert M6
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 181
Lightbulb Tall 1st gear...

SSallday:
  • I would give the Camaro ZL1 M6 (assuming same as LT/SS M6) a difficulty factor of 8/10 for a smooth launch.
  • Largest contributing factor - it's such a TALL 1st gear. When I try to creep in 1st gear in my apartment garage when I descend 5 floors, this thing wants to go 10 MPH in 1st gear. Most of my other cars - BMW 135i, Z4 3.0i, E93 M3 - had more normal 1st gear ratios and would easily creep at 5 MPH or less. Especially the M3 with an 8,400 RPM redline V8 had very short gearing. This makes launching MUCH EASIER.
  • Of course, there's the other factors - smooth, progressive clutch, any electronic nannies trying to lower emissions, dual mass flywheel, etc.
Plasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 01:49 PM   #28
SSallday
 
SSallday's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 HBM ZL1 M6
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by closs2sx View Post
Have an ss 1le a zl1 1le and a c7 z06 all with manual trans and I always hold the trac button down for 8-10 secs but i never have an issue taking off. Even on a hill if you let the clutch out slow enough they will take off without any throttle input at all. Sometimes thats not an option if there are impatient people behind you but its not an issue here.
A lot of times mine will stall out on a flat surface without throttle. My civic si takes off on a hill much easier than this car does on a flat surface and it has over 400hp less. Itís going to the dealer on Monday so Iíll see if they can do anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasar View Post
SSallday:
  • I would give the Camaro ZL1 M6 (assuming same as LT/SS M6) a difficulty factor of 8/10 for a smooth launch.
  • Largest contributing factor - it's such a TALL 1st gear. When I try to creep in 1st gear in my apartment garage when I descend 5 floors, this thing wants to go 10 MPH in 1st gear. Most of my other cars - BMW 135i, Z4 3.0i, E93 M3 - had more normal 1st gear ratios and would easily creep at 5 MPH or less. Especially the M3 with an 8,400 RPM redline V8 had very short gearing. This makes launching MUCH EASIER.
  • Of course, there's the other factors - smooth, progressive clutch, any electronic nannies trying to lower emissions, dual mass flywheel, etc.
I think the electronics prevent smooth launching. This was never an issue in the 5th gen ZL1. GM already said that the car was tuned to protect the drivetrain. I guess they assumed everyone who has a ZL1 is going to launch it full speed at every single stop sign and street light lol
SSallday is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.