Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-27-2019, 06:02 PM   #15
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_QC View Post
Well this means you made 10 billions. We need a proof or that is all BS.

I also made myself millionaire with bitcoins.

I guess my /S (sarcasm) sales pitch like the guys on TV saying they can turn you into a real estate mogul without even using any of your own money, was not very apparent. Maybe you folks up north don't get those TV ads (infomercials)?

the dollar amount i posted would only mean anything if I had used a 1 or greater in the front.

sorry to disappoint but I don't really have a book to sell you.
Old 08-27-2019, 06:21 PM   #16
Camaro_QC

Drives: 08 Tiburon GS, 2018 Camaro 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
I guess my /S (sarcasm) sales pitch like the guys on TV saying they can turn you into a real estate mogul without even using any of your own money, was not very apparent. Maybe you folks up north don't get those TV ads (infomercials)?

the dollar amount i posted would only mean anything if I had used a 1 or greater in the front.

Haha don't worry I was joking as well!

And nope, we don't have the same TV ads as you!

But that is sad, your book started to be interesting!
1100 - 5/08/2018 | 3800 - 6/18/2018
2000 - 5/09/2018 | 4200 - 6/21/2018
3000 - 5/28/2018 | 5000 - 6/27/2018
6000 - 6/29/2018
Camaro_QC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 08:52 PM   #17
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
You have to buy my book for that info.

But, to give you some idea, it has a lot of zeros. something like:

$0000000000.00
Quote:

I wasn't meaning to insult, just strike up continued conversation. I'm always interested to hear and learn about how people became millionaires because one day I'd like to be one and the best way I know to become one is to do intelligent things like millionaires. So far the best way I've seen to do that isn't cryptocurrency, but that's not to say that someone couldn't get rich off of cryptocurrency. However, the average person isn't likely to because of the extreme volatility.

My number 1 hangup on cryprocurrency is that it has no backing. Companies that you invest in their stocks have physical assets, precious metals are a commodity and have a physical item to hold or have when you purchase, cryptocurrency is a digital currency that is as valuable as what someone wants to put into a computer. It doesn't have anything that I can hold or physically use. It's one major data breach or server crash from people loosing all of their virtual money. Of course this could be argued with modern day banks except they have backed up files and physical assets to try and cover these types of things in the event of an issue.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 09:13 PM   #18
DenverTaco07

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
I wasn't meaning to insult, just strike up continued conversation. I'm always interested to hear and learn about how people became millionaires because one day I'd like to be one and the best way I know to become one is to do intelligent things like millionaires. So far the best way I've seen to do that isn't cryptocurrency, but that's not to say that someone couldn't get rich off of cryptocurrency. However, the average person isn't likely to because of the extreme volatility.

My number 1 hangup on cryprocurrency is that it has no backing. Companies that you invest in their stocks have physical assets, precious metals are a commodity and have a physical item to hold or have when you purchase, cryptocurrency is a digital currency that is as valuable as what someone wants to put into a computer. It doesn't have anything that I can hold or physically use. It's one major data breach or server crash from people loosing all of their virtual money. Of course this could be argued with modern day banks except they have backed up files and physical assets to try and cover these types of things in the event of an issue.
no insults taken here.

I see cryptocurrency as a service, so there is value, like Facebook(?) - albeit an unethical one, i.e. hiding / laundering of money.

There are many who've made millions, I think it's too late for most, unless you find a way to mine it efficiently.

The underlying technology, blockchain, seems to be on the minds of many leaders of many industries, so there's some opportunity there, if you know blockchain.
Old 08-28-2019, 06:20 AM   #19
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
no insults taken here.

I see cryptocurrency as a service, so there is value, like Facebook(?) - albeit an unethical one, i.e. hiding / laundering of money.

There are many who've made millions, I think it's too late for most, unless you find a way to mine it efficiently.

The underlying technology, blockchain, seems to be on the minds of many leaders of many industries, so there's some opportunity there, if you know blockchain.
But what if it goes belly up? If a company goes under it has assets that can be sold for value. Cryptocurrency is literally just a number in a computer or series of computers. There's absolutely nothing backing it. Even countries with their own currency have assets whether it be backed with precious metals, land, or other tangible items. If your hard drive crashes and that's where you had all of your cryptocurrency saved, you're screwed unless you can recover the hard drive. Even Facebook has physical facilities, equipment, and other assets to sell off if it goes under.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 09:04 PM   #20
DenverTaco07

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
But what if it goes belly up? If a company goes under it has assets that can be sold for value. Cryptocurrency is literally just a number in a computer or series of computers. There's absolutely nothing backing it. Even countries with their own currency have assets whether it be backed with precious metals, land, or other tangible items. If your hard drive crashes and that's where you had all of your cryptocurrency saved, you're screwed unless you can recover the hard drive. Even Facebook has physical facilities, equipment, and other assets to sell off if it goes under.
i can't disagree at all.
Old 10-30-2019, 02:01 AM   #21
FightThatRight

Drives: Camaro RS 2016
Hard to disagree that cryptocurrency was trending during the last year or two and has influenced many other fields in some way or another. I personally know a guy that works at https://bostonunisoft.com/mobile-apps-overview.html as a web app developer and during this time they've got so much inquiries to create something revolving around bitcoin etc.
FightThatRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 09:13 AM   #22
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Sparkly Red One
Watch for catastrophic events in the market. I bought $10K of American Airlines stock after they filed BK for $0.19 per share. It's current trading just over $30. And it is in a Roth IRA account.
Vegas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 02:35 AM   #23
FightThatRight

Drives: Camaro RS 2016
A friend of mine is currently working with this https://bostonunisoft.com/mobile-apps-overview.html web app development team trying to create a new app for tracking prices, I would let you know when it is done
FightThatRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 02:21 PM   #24
brianwil

Drives: bmw x1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
It seems like a commodity that has only itself- it's own intrinsic value of being a decentralized currency- that can generate "worth"

Investing in a currency, as its own concept, means that the value of the currency comes from its accepted trading value. What are the tangibles that guarantee bitcoin's worth? It seems to me that it relies on a poor overall worldwide economy bitcoin futures nedir to generate value, instead of strong individual economies. Then too since it has the properties of 'currency' but also of a commodity that is traded, it has the potential of being a bubble that will burst.

To me this seems like digging a cave under your house- eventually the house might fall down.
thanks for the information
brianwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 02:51 PM   #25
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
Scam
Old 03-18-2021, 03:10 PM   #26
Rabid Rabbit
Account Suspended

Drives: BMW X5M
Quote:
Originally Posted by trademaster View Post
Really, nobody? This decentralized, "currency" has gone from $0.50 to nearly $400 in 3 years and nobody has any opinions? This could very well be one of the most influential technologies since the advent of the Internet.
You didn't even imagine how right your post appeared to be It is interesting that for almost a decade lots of high-quality hackers tried to hack blockchain but they failed. I smile to people who say that BTC is backed by nothing unlike the dollar. I see no point in trying to change the minds of people who can't see the obvious things. If you are looking for profitable ways of investing I would advise you to read this article about derivatives https://libertex.com/blog/what-are-derivatives-finance, their advantages and disadvantage, written in plain English.

Last edited by Rabid Rabbit; 03-30-2021 at 03:41 PM.
Rabid Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 04:02 PM   #27
Lockimin

Drives: BMW X5M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Rabbit View Post
You didn't even imagine how right your post appeared to be It is interesting that for almost a decade lots of high-quality hackers tried to hack blockchain but they failed. I smile to people who say that BTC is backed by nothing unlike the dollar. I see no point in trying to change the minds of people who can't see the obvious things. If you are looking for profitable ways of investing I would advise you to read these articles about recent crypto news, written in plain English.
BTC is going to renew ATH this year. I hope so at least I know a lot of guys who sold it at 30k. They feel depressed about that even when the current price is 55k. I wonder what they will say when it goes straight to 100k

Last edited by Lockimin; 05-02-2021 at 11:05 AM.
Lockimin is offline   Reply With Quote