Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-16-2021, 06:03 PM   #1
Jinso

Drives: 2019 ZL1 A10
(Max Wrist) BMW S1000RR vs ZL1 1LE

I stumbled across Max Wrist's motorcycle videos a few times before and he is one hell of a (crazy) driver. This time he goes up against a 19+ ZL1 1LE in the canyons. Check out this video and let me know what are your thoughts in the end.

Jinso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 01:01 PM   #2
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
I only watched about 1 min and 30 sec before I had to turn it off. This is just sheer stupidity. All street racing is illegal. But it is one thing to race in a straight line where you can see other cars ahead. But what these guys are doing is plain reckless, immature, and extremely dangerous. They not only endangered themselves but also all the other cars on the road and that shit ain't cool. And I wouldn't be surprised if this is all just an attention grab. The ONLY way to show which vehicle is faster in this type of race would be on a track where you can push the limits of both without having to worry about other vehicles.

Having said that. In a straight line, bone stock to bone stock, the S1000RR will murder the ZLE. At no point would the Z be ahead or catch up. That bike will do every bit of 188 MPH where the speed limiter kicks in and will probably pull the wheels up at 100+.

On a track, I think it would be interesting to see the results.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 08:50 PM   #3
Camaro fanboy

Drives: 2017 2SS Arctic blue fully loaded
yeah straight line that bike would beat almost everything
Old 04-19-2021, 02:17 PM   #4
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro fanboy View Post
yeah straight line that bike would beat almost everything
I assume it would take at least 800 RWHP to keep up with a FBO liter bike. But that would probably only up to high 100s and then the bike would start to move out.

BTW, a buddy of mine has a new S1000RR and we rode the other night. I brought out my Hayabusa. My bike is completely bone stock tho I have a bunch of mods for it in my living room waiting to get installed. His had a slip-on. So we were on a private course and from 90MPH he jumped and I couldn't catch him. I don't know what gear he was in tho. So when we got to another straight at 90MPH I dropped into 3rd and gunned it. He said he was catching up but by 170MPH he had not passed me. On top of that I didn't go full ham-fist. I only went about 80% throttle. For the record his bike weighs about 430 pounds while mine weighs about 580. And I'm a good 100 pounds heavier than him too. Those bikes typically dyno around 185 WHP stock while mine dynos around 160s stock. But I have more torque due to having a lot more displacement. So my take is that while stock and under the limitations of the ECU and speed limiter, I'd probably get to 188MPH before he can pass me which is where both of our bikes are limited. But if we both are FBO and tuned then I'm thinking he'd probably catch me by around 180s. Anyway, they are fast bikes.
Old 04-19-2021, 09:06 PM   #5
Camaro fanboy

Drives: 2017 2SS Arctic blue fully loaded
i see you have a kawasaki h2-sx..was thinking about getting one of those up untill i spent all our cash on my new camaro.
they fast bikes?
Old 04-20-2021, 07:18 AM   #6
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro fanboy View Post
i see you have a kawasaki h2-sx..was thinking about getting one of those up untill i spent all our cash on my new camaro.
they fast bikes?
The H2-SX is definitely a fast bike. It is rated at 200 HP and they dyno around 175 WHP bone stock. A filter, full exhaust, and ECU flash typically puts them in the 210-230 WHP range. I have a full header back system, Sprint filter, a sprocket, and a block-off plate all waiting to be installed along with a dyno tune. So I should be somewhere around 220 WHP once all is said and done.

If I was to compare it to the Busa stock for stock, the biggest difference is the weight. The Busa is 580-ish and the H2-SX is 530-ish. But the Busa sits low while you're gonna feel pretty high up on the H2-SX. So the H will feel much lighter and definitely corners better.

On acceleration I would say that due to the supercharger, the H accelerates better in the lower RPMs and lower gears stock to stock. But because it is supercharged and has no intercooler, at higher speeds the throttle blades starts to close and that limits top speed acceleration. At 150+ the Busa is still pulling like a train while the H feels lethargic. The tune tho wakes it right up. I'd also say that because of the nature of the blower on the H, the acceleration changes quite drastically. So you have to always be aware of that so you don't miscalculate and go flying into a car or off the road.

And a few things I dislike about the H is that it does not come with a helmet bracket...you have to purchase it separately and then install it. I don't like that they don't come from the factory with a supercharger. You can buy an aftermarket version but it is a $3K kit and then you gotta get it installed.

The electronics on the H are sweet. I have the lowest version. The next up would be the H2-SX SE and then there is the H2-SX SE+. But I got mine at a heavily discounted price brand new so I can't complain. One feature is the wheelie control. So I can set it to KTRC 1 and it will only allow the wheel to come up a specified amount. I tried it and it was exhilarating. So you put it in the level you desire between 1, 2, and 3. 3 is the most restrictive and only allows the wheel o come up about an inch. 2 is less restrictive than 3 and allows for the wheel to come up more. 1 is the least restrictive and allows the wheel to come up without throwing you off the back. I tried level 1 and it was crazy. You set it to 1, then at 20 MPH in first gear you can open it all the way and it will do the rest of the work for you. The bike will wheelie but maintain control and you can ride it out. Level 1 was exciting but 2 is a bit better for me. If you race from a dig or from very low speeds then 2 is probably better. From 40 I would say 1 is optimal.

Anyway it is a great bike and I enjoy it. It has cruise control, LCD display (although it is not illuminated), and it gives feedback on lean angles etc. It is comfortable to ride long distances but I do think the Busa is a bit more comfortable. And it has an adjustable suspension on the back where you just turn the dial and it clicks and you set it however firm you want it. I have mine set pretty firm. But if I take it on a road trip then I'll dial it back a bit.

All in all it is a great bike and I am glad I have one. They are definitely unique. You won't see many of them at all. I have yet to see one besides mine and I've been to several bike meets in different states. The straight up H2 is even more rare. And that, or the Triumph Rocket 3R, might be my next bike.
Old 04-20-2021, 10:05 PM   #7
Grumpy1

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Hyper Blue A10
The H2 is an exceptional bike and yes they are rare as they are limited production, another reason is they're quite pricey.
I haven't been on an H2 so I have no knowledge how it feels but you're definitely correct about the busa, doesn't stop pulling....
Grumpy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 09:09 AM   #8
zx9rmal

Drives: '20 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
The H2-SX is definitely a fast bike. It is rated at 200 HP and they dyno around 175 WHP bone stock. A filter, full exhaust, and ECU flash typically puts them in the 210-230 WHP range. I have a full header back system, Sprint filter, a sprocket, and a block-off plate all waiting to be installed along with a dyno tune. So I should be somewhere around 220 WHP once all is said and done.

If I was to compare it to the Busa stock for stock, the biggest difference is the weight. The Busa is 580-ish and the H2-SX is 530-ish. But the Busa sits low while you're gonna feel pretty high up on the H2-SX. So the H will feel much lighter and definitely corners better.

On acceleration I would say that due to the supercharger, the H accelerates better in the lower RPMs and lower gears stock to stock. But because it is supercharged and has no intercooler, at higher speeds the throttle blades starts to close and that limits top speed acceleration. At 150+ the Busa is still pulling like a train while the H feels lethargic. The tune tho wakes it right up. I'd also say that because of the nature of the blower on the H, the acceleration changes quite drastically. So you have to always be aware of that so you don't miscalculate and go flying into a car or off the road.

And a few things I dislike about the H is that it does not come with a helmet bracket...you have to purchase it separately and then install it. I don't like that they don't come from the factory with a supercharger. You can buy an aftermarket version but it is a $3K kit and then you gotta get it installed.

The electronics on the H are sweet. I have the lowest version. The next up would be the H2-SX SE and then there is the H2-SX SE+. But I got mine at a heavily discounted price brand new so I can't complain. One feature is the wheelie control. So I can set it to KTRC 1 and it will only allow the wheel to come up a specified amount. I tried it and it was exhilarating. So you put it in the level you desire between 1, 2, and 3. 3 is the most restrictive and only allows the wheel o come up about an inch. 2 is less restrictive than 3 and allows for the wheel to come up more. 1 is the least restrictive and allows the wheel to come up without throwing you off the back. I tried level 1 and it was crazy. You set it to 1, then at 20 MPH in first gear you can open it all the way and it will do the rest of the work for you. The bike will wheelie but maintain control and you can ride it out. Level 1 was exciting but 2 is a bit better for me. If you race from a dig or from very low speeds then 2 is probably better. From 40 I would say 1 is optimal.

Anyway it is a great bike and I enjoy it. It has cruise control, LCD display (although it is not illuminated), and it gives feedback on lean angles etc. It is comfortable to ride long distances but I do think the Busa is a bit more comfortable. And it has an adjustable suspension on the back where you just turn the dial and it clicks and you set it however firm you want it. I have mine set pretty firm. But if I take it on a road trip then I'll dial it back a bit.

All in all it is a great bike and I am glad I have one. They are definitely unique. You won't see many of them at all. I have yet to see one besides mine and I've been to several bike meets in different states. The straight up H2 is even more rare. And that, or the Triumph Rocket 3R, might be my next bike.
Thanks for the write up.

Since we're talking bikes here, I was considering the H2 SX, as a replacement for my 2012 ZX-14R. The H2 is a very impressive machine. The 14R is simply a stellar bike that thrills me every ride, even after 79,000 miles. And I've owned dozens of bikes. It has a full exhaust and flash, and it dynos at a tick over 200hp.

I didn't understand what you meant here, "I don't like that they don't come from the factory with a supercharger."

I decided to stay with my 14R, and get another eventually. I just love large capacity motors, whether it be bikes or cars. Part of the reason I'm staying with the 14R is the price vs. the H2 SX. A friend of mine had an H2 SX that he piped and tuned. It made 220+hp. When I laid his dyno chart over mine, the 14R had a significant torque and hp advantage up to 10K rpm. After that the H2 said adios.

That thing is crazy. Glad you're loving yours. Ride safe.
'22 Kawasaki ZX-14R
zx9rmal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 09:16 AM   #9
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
I have gotten a serious itch to learn to ride lately, been looking at starter bikes like the Ninja 400 and CBR500R. I have to be honest, it's very intimidating as a new rider. These bikes you guys are talking about are downright terrifying for me HAHA.

Enjoy your rides, and stay safe!
Old 04-22-2021, 09:31 AM   #10
zx9rmal

Drives: '20 ZL1 M6
One other reason I decided to keep the 14R is that although I would love to have a lighter bike, the H@ SX, according to Kawasaki, is 578 pounds wet, so not much lighter stock for stock. Mine is down to around 550 wet, because of the exhaust and BST carbon wheels.
'22 Kawasaki ZX-14R
zx9rmal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 10:02 AM   #11
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I only watched about 1 min and 30 sec before I had to turn it off. This is just sheer stupidity. All street racing is illegal. But it is one thing to race in a straight line where you can see other cars ahead. But what these guys are doing is plain reckless, immature, and extremely dangerous. They not only endangered themselves but also all the other cars on the road and that shit ain't cool. And I wouldn't be surprised if this is all just an attention grab. The ONLY way to show which vehicle is faster in this type of race would be on a track where you can push the limits of both without having to worry about other vehicles.

Having said that. In a straight line, bone stock to bone stock, the S1000RR will murder the ZLE. At no point would the Z be ahead or catch up. That bike will do every bit of 188 MPH where the speed limiter kicks in and will probably pull the wheels up at 100+.

On a track, I think it would be interesting to see the results.
This exactly. This particular section of road, even if closed off, would be better to have a 600 supersport than any liter bike since you can't actually use the power, and you are only looking at handling/cornering capabilities.

Of course, those like Blaq and others of us who ride, know the Bimmer is the king of liter bikes, and straight line is no contest or question on outcome...that said, I always found straight line riding quite boring.

Anyway - while I am no saint, this video shows exactly what should NEVER been done on active public roads. Plenty of tracks around the country with open lapping events that are better suited for this (maybe not car + bike - but still, can just compare a lap time from the same track).
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote