Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 04-25-2021, 05:44 PM   #15
Tango1LE

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickr9504 View Post
How long does it take to arrive if I order and 2SS 1LE from the dealer?

I just recently sold my 2018 for various reasons thinking I could get into a new one but it has been close to impossible to get a deal on a newer one. The scarcity of the model has made the dealers less willing to negotiate and are asking for full price.

I bought my 2018 2SS 1LE new for $45K OTD. While I would love to get a similar deal, I know it will be impossible, so if I am going to pay more for a newer one, it will have at least to be the exact one I want. I am thinking about ordering a 2022 but If it is going to take 6 months, I may have to pass on it.

I am currently sharing a car with the wife but I hate having to depend on her. I may have to go for another route. Any advice out there? What do you think would be a good alternative?

Two for sale up here in Melbourne... The red one is a 2SS with all the bells and whistles as well as it has some great MODs on it... That is causing the dealer to have a tough time selling it... You can probably pick it up for less than asking.. I drove it (know the previous owner/builder, it's meticulously maintained, never "tracked") and it is AWESOME! https://www.tascabuickgmcmelbourne.c...preowned#close
'89 RS 'vert
Tango1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 12:21 AM   #16
mtlforlife

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
I'm on the other side of the country in San Diego moving to Las Vegas. When I settle in at the end of May, I was going to sell or trade in my 2017 SS 1LE for a new car. Maybe too much distance to work out. But I thought I'd mention, it has around 5K miles, great condition, gray. Expel on 1/3rd of the car, ceramic finish on the entire car. It's been a garage queen.
mtlforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 05:32 PM   #17
50MileSmile

Drives: 2023 2SS, 2018 1SS 1LE, 1993 Z/28
Quote:
How long does it take to arrive if I order and 2SS 1LE from the dealer?
Everything changed again today. After being shut down since March 15, the Camaro plant in Lansing will restart production on May 3. That means there are 6 weeks' worth of 2021 cars to be built before the 2022 changeover date of July 19, which so far hasn't been changed. So, if Chevy has a significant backlog of 2021 orders (who knows how many?), either some of those buyers will be switched to 2022 models or the July 19 date will need to be moved. Either way, I'm guessing the usual 6-8 week delivery window won't be possible for awhile.
50MileSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 06:33 PM   #18
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
I could be wrong but I think a lot of these cars waiting are built or partially built already.
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 08:35 PM   #19
50MileSmile

Drives: 2023 2SS, 2018 1SS 1LE, 1993 Z/28
There may be Camaros on the line partially built, but Chevy has had plenty of time to ship completed cars - even after dealing with trucking shortages. Dealers are screaming for inventory; mine sold 8 of 9 Camaros he received in 2 days. The last one took a day longer.
50MileSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 10:34 AM   #20
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
I really hope one of the reasons you sold your car wasn't because of how much you could sell it for right now, but you didn't realize how markets work that you wouldn't be able to buy another one for cheap...

Who did you vote for????
Old 04-27-2021, 09:30 PM   #21
rickr9504

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1 LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJA105 View Post
I really hope one of the reasons you sold your car wasn't because of how much you could sell it for right now, but you didn't realize how markets work that you wouldn't be able to buy another one for cheap...

Who did you vote for????
LMAO, the price was part of it but the real reason is that my car spent 3 month at the dealer with an issue with the rear axle and they could not figure it out. I basically drove every single loaner they had during that time. When I got it back they told me it was fixed. But, it wasn't. So I decided that I did not want to spend another day with it at the dealer sold it for a good chunk of money and thought I could buy a new one. Guess I was wrong, the one I wanted was nowhere to be found and those left were too much money. I was not going to settle for something I did not want if I was going to pay a premium. I ended up buying a traverse premier fully loaded with redline package. I pay less than with my camaro, my wife is happy, the kids love it, I like it but I am not full. I will get a camaro later down the line.

I voted for the best candidate: MAGA
Old 04-29-2021, 07:29 AM   #22
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Man sorry to hear about the car spending all that time at the dealer. I had a similar scenario with mine. Sat at the local dealer for a month and they couldn't figure out what was wrong with it, so Callaway had to send a transport to get the car to their facility. Then they had it for over 2 months. That sucked.

I was kicking around the idea of trading in my 2010 GMC Sierra with the inflated used market right now, but the only thing that makes sense is to buy brand new. If you can even find what you want that is, because the other used prices are so inflated.

Old 05-08-2021, 02:42 PM   #23
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
LMAO, the price was part of it but the real reason is that my car spent 3 month at the dealer with an issue with the rear axle and they could not figure it out. I basically drove every single loaner they had during that time. When I got it back they told me it was fixed. But, it wasn't. So I decided that I did not want to spend another day with it at the dealer sold it for a good chunk of money and thought I could buy a new one. Guess I was wrong, the one I wanted was nowhere to be found and those left were too much money. I was not going to settle for something I did not want if I was going to pay a premium. I ended up buying a traverse premier fully loaded with redline package. I pay less than with my camaro, my wife is happy, the kids love it, I like it but I am not full. I will get a camaro later down the line.

I voted for the best candidate: MAGA
You went about that totally the wrong way.

What you should have done was file a lemon law case and gotten most of your money back.

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote