Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

Phastek Performance

Old 04-13-2021, 06:50 PM   #1
Bob54

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Convertible
Vaccinated, now what

Living south of Boston and just had my second vaccine shot. I have a 2016 convertible but really haven't taken advantage of the great road trips around here. I have a Burlington VT trip coming up and hopefully a trip to Acadia National Park. Any other favorite trips in the area for a convertible trip?
Bob54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 06:12 AM   #2
Weege

Drives: 2017 2SS convertible M6, NPP, MRC
https://www.narcity.com/en-us/uncate...ent-to-vermont
No atmosphere.
Weege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 07:17 AM   #3
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
There's some good stuff on that list, but it comes down to timing of your vaccination and the various state requirements that you may be going to...

Follow the CDC guidance (14 days post second dose moves you to being viewed as fully vaccinated, you can travel safely -within- the US) overall and individual state requirements on top of them (if any). CT follows their lead and does not require testing nor quarantine for fully vaccinated persons. You still need to follow the social distancing and mask guidelines, though. Research the individual states where you might want to go.

As far as trips, it depends on if you're looking for just a nice drive, something for you at the destination, or both. NH has a lot of nice drives, especially toward the White Mountains. If you were to head up 93 into Salem and then take 101 W, you could run that all the way past Keene where it meets 9. Keep heading West and then take 91S back into MA. Rt 2 East back toward your neck would be a nice overall drive although much of it would be at "highway speed."

If you want to stay within MA, you could take the Pike to Lee, then head North to Williamstown and drive up one side of Greylock, stop at the summit, then drive down the other side to North Adams. From there, again, take Rt 2 East.

A favorite day trip when I lived in the Nashua area was to go to Wells, ME for mini golf and a stop at Brown's Ice Cream.

If you're looking for a longer trip, consider the Finger Lakes region in NY. LOTS of wineries and such, and there are a number of different ones that offer gatherings on the deck and such. We went for a long weekend a couple of years back and had a great time and enjoyed the scenery immensely.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 07:28 AM   #4
joekd

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS vert
Mount Washington in NH, just be sure to put up the top before you get past the 1/2 way point and the wind picks up
Old 04-14-2021, 09:53 AM   #5
SomeGeoffGuy

Drives: 2023 2SS Convertible
I drove out to the Cape a few years back in my 2012 Vert (stayed in Hyannis), and the highlight of the trip was the drive out to Provincetown. Absolutely amazing scenery, and the tip of the cape is a sight to see.

-Geoff
SomeGeoffGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 10:47 AM   #6
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
definately not getting one of those...
Old 04-14-2021, 05:33 PM   #7
Bob54

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Convertible
Thank you for your thoughts. Over the last 4 years I have been to a number of the suggestions. I love Portland Maine for the outdoor restaurants and the beer. Wells Maine is great as well. I did one trip up to the top of Mount Washington. I really wish I could tell just how wide the Camaro is although the paddle shifters were helpful on the way down. (Sadly the weather is very different at the top and it was very foggy. If I do that again I will pay more attention to the weather at the top). Provincetown is great as well.

I think the top down ride are key so I appreciate the thoughts on the ride into the White Mountains. I've driven through Franconia but never stopped. Clearly that is a mistake that I need to rectify. I also haven't spent the proper amount of time in western MA.

Again thanks for the comments. Western MA and the White Mountains are the winners for me since I have been to many of the other recommendations. One I would add is Stowe VT especially for the beer scene.
Bob54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 05:49 PM   #8
Paintslinger16
Two Lane Blacktop

Drives: '18 Camaro 2SS
A trip through my area is not far, can hit the Adirondacks and the Thousand islands on a nice weekend
Paintslinger16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 12:18 AM   #9
Ron2ss

Drives: 2020 2ss vert
From Burlington VT, drive a little north and take the the Grand Isle Ferry across Lake Champlain. Once in NY, Drive west into the Adirondacks. Lots of great driving roads and great scenery. Be sure to visit Lake Placid.
Ron2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 07:25 AM   #10
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob54 View Post
Thank you for your thoughts. Over the last 4 years I have been to a number of the suggestions. I love Portland Maine for the outdoor restaurants and the beer. Wells Maine is great as well. I did one trip up to the top of Mount Washington. I really wish I could tell just how wide the Camaro is although the paddle shifters were helpful on the way down. (Sadly the weather is very different at the top and it was very foggy. If I do that again I will pay more attention to the weather at the top). Provincetown is great as well.

I think the top down ride are key so I appreciate the thoughts on the ride into the White Mountains. I've driven through Franconia but never stopped. Clearly that is a mistake that I need to rectify. I also haven't spent the proper amount of time in western MA.

Again thanks for the comments. Western MA and the White Mountains are the winners for me since I have been to many of the other recommendations. One I would add is Stowe VT especially for the beer scene.
You could blend a few different things together to make a [long] day of it...

Take 3 into NH, 101W, and then follow the correct route to Parker's Maple Barn. Perfect time of year to go. If you can go mid-week, you'll fare better with getting in as they don't do reservations and there's ALWAYS a wait.

Afterward, you can either head back to 101 and continue west, through Keene, onto 9, and then stay on 9 (it runs concurrent with 91 for a couple of miles) until you get to Rt 8. Take that South into MA and then follow signs to Mt Greylock. Go up the North Adams side, down the Williamstown/Pittsfield side, then take 7S into Pittsfield. Pick up the MA pike or take secondary roads like Rt 20 or similar for as much as you'd like to get back home.

Just be sure Greylock is open....
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote