Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-29-2016, 07:23 PM   #1
BadBillyJack

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro
2017 Camaro 1LE Suspension kit, maybe...

I was browsing through the newly released 2017 Chevrolet Camaro service manual the other day and noticed something that caught my eye. I've since forgotten about it and just remembered earlier.

Seems there may be a 1LE Suspension Kit available that looks like a complete upgrade. Comes with Front Stabilizer Bar, Front Springs, Front Top Strut Mount, Front Handling Links, Rear Springs, Rear Stabilizer Bar, Mag Ride Calibration, and a Chevrolet Performance Emblem.

I converted the page to PDF and attached it so that you guys can have access to it. For some reason I can't remember how to make it HTML so you can just pull it up in your browser... Oh well, I figured someone would like to czech this out.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Document ID_ 4508965 1LE suspension kit.pdf (2.00 MB, 3245 views)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20171LE View Post
The fact remains, the Camaro designers have another fail in not transferring the clothes hanger from the ATS to the Camaro.
I, and every other Camaro owner that hangs clothes in their cars, need a solution.
BadBillyJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 08:27 PM   #2
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Humm, interesting. If you don't want all the other stuff, depending on cost this may be a good deal. Especially if you have a good relationship with your dealer and can have them install BMR springs instead lol...
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 09:46 PM   #3
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Interesting. Single use fastener for the Shock bolt. Install NEW bolt it says.
Glad to know we all messed up. Maybe that is my clunk. LOL Bolt may be elongated and the shock is loose.
I would suggest everyone go and buy new bolts....

Thanks for that great info. Even has Torque specs.

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 06:14 AM   #4
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfordCamaro View Post
Glad to know we all messed up. Maybe that is my clunk. LOL Bolt may be elongated and the shock is loose.

Yup, this should be added to the BMR thread. That thread should be a sticky, but I never see any mods or admins except what, one on here...
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 07:35 PM   #5
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
good find!

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 08:23 AM   #6
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
So, the front, lower suspension link on the 1LE is different than on the regular SS?
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 08:27 AM   #7
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain View Post
So, the front, lower suspension link on the 1LE is different than on the regular SS?
Kit includes a new link. So I would say yes.

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 08:27 AM   #8
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Very interesting! This will make a lot of 2016 SS owners happy.
Old 07-29-2016, 02:53 PM   #9
G Fo12ce

Drives: '16 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBillyJack View Post
I was browsing through the newly released 2017 Chevrolet Camaro service manual the other day and noticed something that caught my eye. I've since forgotten about it and just remembered earlier.

Seems there may be a 1LE Suspension Kit available that looks like a complete upgrade. Comes with Front Stabilizer Bar, Front Springs, Front Top Strut Mount, Front Handling Links, Rear Springs, Rear Stabilizer Bar, Mag Ride Calibration, and a Chevrolet Performance Emblem.

I converted the page to PDF and attached it so that you guys can have access to it. For some reason I can't remember how to make it HTML so you can just pull it up in your browser... Oh well, I figured someone would like to czech this out.
You are my hero!!! I scored a pretty decent GM accessories credit as a good will compansation. I will be inquiring about this part number. Thanks BadBillyJack
Edit: I just called my dealer and they don't have 84130609 in the system yet.
• 4/19/16 2000 Accepted with 5ZU
• 4/23/16 3000 TPW:5/16/16
• 5/06/16 3100
• 5/13/16 3400 Broadcast Sheet
• 5/24/16 3800 Vehicle Produced
• 5/25/16 4B00 Bayed
• 5/27/16 4300 Intermediate Delivery
• 7/9/16 Delivered!
G Fo12ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 09:37 AM   #10
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBillyJack View Post

That's interesting. Does anyone know exactly what's different on the front lower control arm rear link? A change there wasn't really advertised.
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 12:39 PM   #11
Hooves

Drives: 2016 1SS Mosaic Black MRC NPP A8
This is relevant to my interests!
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 01:40 PM   #12
bybcous

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 1SS
Anyone have part number for shock tower bolts?
Best so far 11.5 at 123 with a 1.83 60ft. BMR lower and upper trailing arms and upper control arms,E85
DELIVERED 12/29/15
http://youtube.com/bybcous " no talking only racing on my youtube"
bybcous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 09:21 AM   #13
BMR Tech

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfordCamaro View Post

Most suspension bolts GM has used since the 90's are considered 1 time use "torque-to-yield". GM factors in bolt stretch into the torque specs they provide. Once the bolt have been stretched initially, it loses consistency with clamping force it provides when torqued to the same value. It's not so much an issue of the bolt elongating as it is not providing as much clamping force on the part it is holding at the same torque value. This was a huge problem on the 4th generation Camaros as the bolt clamping force was the only thing that held the front end alignment. As the bolts were re-used multiple times they would stretch and allow the control arms to slip in their slotted holes and lose alignment. Later generations have used eccentric lockouts to prevent this, which reduces the concern of re-using these bolts in most cases. However, some mounting locations this may still be a concern. As you mention, this may be a factor with the shock mounting not being clamped as tightly
BMR Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 11:59 AM   #14
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
you people and your secret access to the service manual that they wont release to helminc so all the normal plebes have access to it.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote