Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Transmissions

Phastek Performance

Old 10-25-2018, 12:52 PM   #85
EdTheEnthusiast

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 2LT v6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcastag View Post
Here's a question I have and I don't know if I've ever seen it anywhere. Is the torque converter issue and shutter issue isolated only to the 8-cylinder models? If that's the case then it probably directly is impacted buy the active fuel management system
Unfortunately not, Mine is the 3.6L V6 and has the A8 shudder.
EdTheEnthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 02:07 PM   #86
FL Scooter

Drives: 2021 Camaro 2SS
Took mine in this morning, shop foreman knows about the TSB, but had no information on the fix. He told me the transmission shop is backed up until Jan 31st. Doing a triple flush and give is back. I'm at 15.3K. Second round on the flush.
FL Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 03:30 PM   #87
ChickenPoop
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Plum Crazy Scat Pack Charger
Got mine back from the 1st round of flush. Feels better. Will see what happens. There is no fix other than more flushes until January when the new"fix"comes out. Only thing left is reprogramming the TCM. The 33 year tech that did my car seems to think that's what it will be. Oh and that bullshit about cars manufactured after March or whatever of 2017 having the new correct fluid in them is just that..bullshit. My car was built late August 17 and had the old tranny fluid. So there's that.
ChickenPoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 08:42 AM   #88
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenPoop View Post
Got mine back from the 1st round of flush. Feels better. Will see what happens. There is no fix other than more flushes until January when the new"fix"comes out. Only thing left is reprogramming the TCM. The 33 year tech that did my car seems to think that's what it will be. Oh and that bullshit about cars manufactured after March or whatever of 2017 having the new correct fluid in them is just that..bullshit. My car was built late August 17 and had the old tranny fluid. So there's that.
See but the problem is even if the TCM is the problem or at least a good chunk of the problem, there is already damage to the converter and possibly the transmission itself. I am really interested to see what this "fix" is, because whatever it is, it will not be a quick drop off and quick fix. If it does turn out to be a "quick fix" then once again it will be another bandaid put on the problem. Not too confident at this point in time that whatever they will be doing will really resolve the issue(s).

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 08:51 AM   #89
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
See but the problem is even if the TCM is the problem or at least a good chunk of the problem, there is already damage to the converter and possibly the transmission itself. I am really interested to see what this "fix" is, because whatever it is, it will not be a quick drop off and quick fix. If it does turn out to be a "quick fix" then once again it will be another bandaid put on the problem. Not too confident at this point in time that whatever they will be doing will really resolve the issue(s).
I would hope they take out the slip in the tables and change the converter and new fluid. Seems like that fixes it in cars that are tuned.
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 05:38 AM   #90
18Hotwheels-SS

Drives: 2018 Hotwheels 2SS #117
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcmahan60 View Post
Mine has gotten progressively worse since Friday when I took it to the dealership and they confirmed it. It is bed enough I do not even want to drive it. Waiting on a call from the dealership to see when they can put me in a rental car, plus the did not fix the squealing belt or tensioner from the last time it was in for repair. Will have to play the waiting game now. :(
I wounder if they will let me tow it to the dealer I bought it from due to the shutter. driving a shuttering car can't be good for it.
2018 Hot Wheels 2SS #117, For Sale
2018 Hot Wheels 2LT Convertible. #506, Still Have
2018 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins Long Horn, Still Have
2017 Challenger Hellcat
2008 Challenger SRT8
1970 Camaro RS/Z28, Still Have
1955 Willys CJ3B, Still Have
18Hotwheels-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 05:44 AM   #91
18Hotwheels-SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenPoop View Post
Mine was built 3/18 and has the shutter.,
2017 Challenger Hellcat
2008 Challenger SRT8
Old 10-28-2018, 05:46 AM   #92
18Hotwheels-SS

Found this post on another thread.. I will be pisses if they pull this crap on me when I finely get it in. Exhaust really, So fare everything I have brought mine in for they blame on the Borla I but on. Even the rattle in the left front. Maybe the new LED marker lights I put in could be the cause if I put the factory exhaust back on.

"I have a 2016 SS A8.
I felt the shuddering at around 20k. I took it in a few months ago but they couldn't duplicate my issue.
Took it again a few months after it was more noticeable. This time I test drove with the service writer and he was able to duplicate the issue when he went with the tech.
I showed him the TSB and called me that day they were going to go ahead and do the flush procedure. The following day he calls and says the tech talked to tech support and said it was my aftermarket exhaust. Dealership told me to bring it back with factory exhaust and if it did it again with factory exhaust to bring it in. They returned my car on a Friday and Monday morning I took it back to them with factory exhaust. Then they told me their transmission tech is going to be out for a couple of weeks due to an injury. they only have 1 trans tech at this dealership. So I took my car to a different dealership, which the car is in at the moment right now. They were able to duplicate the issue and are performing the flush. I love the car but man, this has been very frustrating. I was without the car for 2 weeks when the starter went bad and they were saying it was my sound system I installed. They insisted it was a battery issue from the aftermarket sound system but it was the starter all along. Then came the rear axle that had the bolts snap off and I was stranded on the freeway. Luckily I was in LA traffic and wasn't moving fast. I just hope this new "fix" in 2019 works. Sorry all for the rant but it's been way too many trips to the dealership when the car only has 26k miles on it."
2017 Challenger Hellcat
2008 Challenger SRT8
Old 10-28-2018, 09:53 AM   #93
Calvear0

Drives: Currently Looking for 2019 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Hotwheels-SS View Post
Found this post on another thread.. I will be pisses if they pull this crap on me when I finely get it in. Exhaust really, So fare everything I have brought mine in for they blame on the Borla I but on. Even the rattle in the left front. Maybe the new LED marker lights I put in could be the cause if I put the factory exhaust back on.

"I have a 2016 SS A8.
I felt the shuddering at around 20k. I took it in a few months ago but they couldn't duplicate my issue.
Took it again a few months after it was more noticeable. This time I test drove with the service writer and he was able to duplicate the issue when he went with the tech.
I showed him the TSB and called me that day they were going to go ahead and do the flush procedure. The following day he calls and says the tech talked to tech support and said it was my aftermarket exhaust. Dealership told me to bring it back with factory exhaust and if it did it again with factory exhaust to bring it in. They returned my car on a Friday and Monday morning I took it back to them with factory exhaust. Then they told me their transmission tech is going to be out for a couple of weeks due to an injury. they only have 1 trans tech at this dealership. So I took my car to a different dealership, which the car is in at the moment right now. They were able to duplicate the issue and are performing the flush. I love the car but man, this has been very frustrating. I was without the car for 2 weeks when the starter went bad and they were saying it was my sound system I installed. They insisted it was a battery issue from the aftermarket sound system but it was the starter all along. Then came the rear axle that had the bolts snap off and I was stranded on the freeway. Luckily I was in LA traffic and wasn't moving fast. I just hope this new "fix" in 2019 works. Sorry all for the rant but it's been way too many trips to the dealership when the car only has 26k miles on it."
Yeah I was frustrated when they told me this . Anywho, I took it in to another dealer and they did the triple flush but my shudder hasn’t gone away and it’s going back tomorrow to the dealer.
Calvear0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 05:40 AM   #94
dray

Drives: 2017 2SS A8 NGM, 2012 Yamaha FZ8
I had the triple flush done @ 13K. It's back now with 20K miles. Taking it to Jake Sweeney today for another service on the issue.
dray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 03:17 PM   #95
FL Scooter

Drives: 2021 Camaro 2SS
Just got a call from my service advisor, she said my TC is shot and they are replacing the TC. See what happens.
FL Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 03:39 PM   #96
dmcmahan60

Drives: 2017 SS
My dealership said they would flush it again if the problem came back before the big fix all update in 2019. They are not allowed to replace the TQ converter anymore until the new update because it was not fixing the problem. They will get tired of seeing me until they come up with a proper fix for this issue. Does not not cost me anything but a little time and money for the rental car. We will see what happens. It has felt great since picyit up Friday but only time will tell.
dmcmahan60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 03:41 PM   #97
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL Scooter View Post
Just got a call from my service advisor, she said my TC is shot and they are replacing the TC. See what happens.
No they aren't.

Please people, read the posts in this thread.

1. They are NOT doing converter replacements now.

2. The actual fix is coming out in the first quarter of next year.

So everyone going to the dealer expecting a fix is wasting your time. Read the posts. There is no fix for a few months. Unless you want a flush and on your way, just drive the car and wait for the actual fix.
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 04:27 PM   #98
Calvear0

Drives: Currently Looking for 2019 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsxmatt View Post
No they aren't.

Please people, read the posts in this thread.

1. They are NOT doing converter replacements now.

2. The actual fix is coming out in the first quarter of next year.

So everyone going to the dealer expecting a fix is wasting your time. Read the posts. There is no fix for a few months. Unless you want a flush and on your way, just drive the car and wait for the actual fix.
What if they want to take it in for a lemon law case? Could they argue that?
Calvear0 is offline   Reply With Quote