Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 07-27-2021, 08:37 PM   #15
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
I would say go with your gut feeling on this one.
Just my 2 cents
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 09:03 PM   #16
Pupilbone

Drives: 2019 Crush ZL1 M6
Would you miss the little things you have now that aren’t on the incoming car?

I know there aren’t many sunroof lovers in this group, but I couldn’t live without one on a Camaro. If the lack of little things won’t eat at you, and the financial story works, then congratulations!
Old 07-27-2021, 09:25 PM   #17
Pupilbone

Drives: 2019 Crush ZL1 M6
Lol. I’ll bear in mind you think I wasted my money.
Old 07-27-2021, 09:28 PM   #18
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pupilbone View Post
Lol. I’ll bear in mind you think I wasted my money.
That’s pretty funny
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 10:25 PM   #19
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pupilbone View Post
Would you miss the little things you have now that aren’t on the incoming car?

I know there aren’t many sunroof lovers in this group, but I couldn’t live without one on a Camaro. If the lack of little things won’t eat at you, and the financial story works, then congratulations!
One thing I put my foot down on is the exposed CF weave insert. I can live without the other stuff, but my two must haves were that & PDR(which this has). I know it sounds crazy, but I like it so much it’s one thing I focus on every time I look at it & while I’m driving. It’s just flat out cool.

They are looking into availability of the insert for me or they will swap mine in place of the one it comes with. I ordered several CF pieces for my car that I can put on the new one, but in the end the CF hood insert is a deal breaker & I made that abundantly clear.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 10:43 PM   #20
Dirtytim

Drives: 2021 Satin Steel ZL1
If you can live with the options/color of the new one, go for it. Think of the piece of mind with the brand new car and warranty. I haven’t seen a Wild Cherry in person yet. Red Hot looks so good. It was one of my preferences when I was looking for a new one. I bought Satin Steel, which was my first choice, but thought long and hard about Red Hot. The other options you can live without or add (at least the carbon fiber bits), if you’re not happy about the color, you’re stuck. I would worry about if you wait until you find exactly what you wanted, the used market might not be so crazy and it wouldn’t be such an easy decision financially. I’ve thought about selling my 4Runner and buying a new one using the same thought process you’re having about your Camaro.
Dirtytim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 11:19 PM   #21
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Yeah I agree with gtfoxy about the exposed carbon hood insert. It does look good and glad mine came with one and also had PDR which I have never used yet but may try out one day.
Old 07-28-2021, 06:14 AM   #22
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
One thing I put my foot down on is the exposed CF weave insert. I can live without the other stuff, but my two must haves were that & PDR(which this has). I know it sounds crazy, but I like it so much it’s one thing I focus on every time I look at it & while I’m driving. It’s just flat out cool.

They are looking into availability of the insert for me or they will swap mine in place of the one it comes with. I ordered several CF pieces for my car that I can put on the new one, but in the end the CF hood insert is a deal breaker & I made that abundantly clear.
Leads me to a question I have not seen here. Can a painted hood insert have the paint removed to show the CF?
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 06:40 AM   #23
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Good question!
Old 07-28-2021, 06:58 AM   #24
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
It's your money and your choice. At the end of the day, if it will make you happy and if you will be satisfied with your decision then go for it. But I have to express the same thought as others have. Regardless of color, it is the same exact car. There is nothing different besides color and the stated year. If it makes any difference, the new one was probably manufactured within months of the one you have. They probably sat in the same large lot before one got slapped with a "2019" MY and the other got a "2021" MY. So quite honestly after all is said and done you will have shelled out more money for the same exact car. That is just being pragmatic. I will admit tho that these purchases very rarely exist within the realm of reason.

I would like a new HC. But if I was to get a new one it would be the RE or SuperStock. For sure not another standard Hellcat like I have now. So I would suggest perhaps swapping over to a different car that is on a similar level. C7 Z06 for starters. That would be a nice upgrade. Or maybe put in an order for a C8. Or hold out until the C8 Z06 arrives. But I would never make such a purchase. My ZL1 is a 17 and I won't upgrade because the new ones are still the same exact car as I have.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 07:36 AM   #25
hawk02
Coupe Newbie

Drives: 2017 ZL1, 2021 Corvette Convertible
How much do you still owe on your current ZL1? For me, that would be the deciding factor as to whether or not to make the move to the 2021 car. You'll be starting the clock all over on a new loan for a car that has zero improvements over what you currently have other than a different color.

Here's a good example. I buy my phones through the Apple two-year loan program. By doing this I can upgrade to a new phone every year. If I do upgrade, the loan resets, and I start another two-year payoff. So I only upgrade when I feel the new phone has enough new features to justify starting the loan process all over again.
Old 07-28-2021, 07:54 AM   #26
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
There is something to be said about being the original owner, which Foxy stated. I am the original owner on mine. That is just one reason why I will keep it. If you don't plan on keeping the car, why start all over with payments for basically the same car? The thought of no car payments gets my vote.
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 07:54 AM   #27
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I didn't have to read further than that being your first new car.

I can relate. This car is my first new car, and I was appreciative of what it took to get here and proud I could achieve the feat on my dream car.

It's your money, and the boss-lady said "OK" so it seems you are in a great situation to do whatever you feel like you should. Good on you.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 08:51 AM   #28
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk02 View Post
How much do you still owe on your current ZL1? For me, that would be the deciding factor as to whether or not to make the move to the 2021 car. You'll be starting the clock all over on a new loan for a car that has zero improvements over what you currently have other than a different color.

Here's a good example. I buy my phones through the Apple two-year loan program. By doing this I can upgrade to a new phone every year. If I do upgrade, the loan resets, and I start another two-year payoff. So I only upgrade when I feel the new phone has enough new features to justify starting the loan process all over again.
In the 20’s or so. Probably put the difference down as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin19 View Post
There is something to be said about being the original owner, which Foxy stated. I am the original owner on mine. That is just one reason why I will keep it. If you don't plan on keeping the car, why start all over with payments for basically the same car? The thought of no car payments gets my vote.
I didn’t plan on ever getting rid of this unless it was a good deal for a newer one. The current market is making that very possible. If they were 70K new & I was getting say low to mid 50’s in trade, yeah, that wouldn’t make sense to me, but for only a few $K more, I can see the value.

We only have two payments, this car & our house, which will be paid off in less than 9yrs.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote