Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 01-26-2023, 09:57 PM   #1
GunMetalGrey

Drives: Track prepped 2018 Camaro ZL1 (a10)
Launch control will not engage; can the ABS module effect this?

I’ve used launch control many times successfully but recently I absolutely cannot get it to work no matter what I try. I am definitely doing everything right and just like I used to, the only thing that has changed recently on my car is an updated EBCM ABS, brake module from a different and newer Camaro ZL1 in order to take advantage of the updated braking software from 2019 onwards. Does anybody know if this could possibly impact launch control? FYI There are no error codes or warning lights whatsoever.
Old 01-27-2023, 07:45 AM   #2
gheorghe

Drives: 2006 BMW M3 2023 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunMetalGrey View Post
Does anybody know if this could possibly impact launch control? FYI There are no error codes or warning lights whatsoever.
I'm not familiar with this EBCM update but are you sure the supporting sensors and other modules that interface with the EBCM do not need to also be updated to the 2019 and newer levels? The best way to see if this EBCM is causing your issue is to swap in the original EBCM back in and see if launch control works.
gheorghe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 09:32 AM   #3
jlaudio11

Drives: Chevy Camaro
I kind of accidentally did this as I've been tuning my car. Now the tires spin before I get anywhere near full throttle with the brake smashed to the floor. My car is a 2020. I'm not sure what part of the tune got me to this point but I could see differences in your tune and orignial ebcm to the new ebcm having issues.
'94 Camaro Z28 6mt cc306 cam, 4:10's, longtubes with x pipe, getting an engine rebuild
jlaudio11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 10:21 AM   #4
Vigilante375

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Well, the factory launch control is crap. You're better off doing it old school.

But I would do like gheorghe said. Put back in the original part and try it again. If it works when putting back in the old part then you know you need to have the car know you installed a new control module or have to calibrate it for your car.
Vigilante375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 11:50 AM   #5
GunMetalGrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by gheorghe View Post
I'm not familiar with this EBCM update but are you sure the supporting sensors and other modules that interface with the EBCM do not need to also be updated to the 2019 and newer levels? The best way to see if this EBCM is causing your issue is to swap in the original EBCM back in and see if launch control works.
True, it’s not that expensive to do so I probably should, however, now I have to remember if I even kept the original one, shoot!
Old 01-28-2023, 11:50 AM   #6
GunMetalGrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlaudio11 View Post
I kind of accidentally did this as I've been tuning my car. Now the tires spin before I get anywhere near full throttle with the brake smashed to the floor. My car is a 2020. I'm not sure what part of the tune got me to this point but I could see differences in your tune and orignial ebcm to the new ebcm having issues.
I did get a custom tune as well, perhaps I’ll ask the tuner if this could be a tuning issue
Old 01-28-2023, 11:52 AM   #7
GunMetalGrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante375 View Post
Well, the factory launch control is crap. You're better off doing it old school.

But I would do like gheorghe said. Put back in the original part and try it again. If it works when putting back in the old part then you know you need to have the car know you installed a new control module or have to calibrate it for your car.
Yeah, I hear you, I’m actually not really concerned about the launch control so much as if this indicates that there are other problems with the car that I would prefer to find out before I go to the road course track the first this year
Old 01-28-2023, 04:10 PM   #8
Crushed 1LE

Drives: 2022 ZL1(FEA suspension) Rapid Blue
Hey Shane. That car of yours dude? Bloody hell!! Are you enrolled for the SpeedyGoat days? Both Willie and I are going.
Crushed 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 05:04 PM   #9
GunMetalGrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushed 1LE View Post
Hey Shane. That car of yours dude? Bloody hell!! Are you enrolled for the SpeedyGoat days? Both Willie and I are going.
Haha yeah that car

$16,000 in total combined repairs last year

I'll pm you

Last edited by GunMetalGrey; 01-31-2023 at 11:20 AM.
GunMetalGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2023, 11:33 AM   #10
Robster

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1, 6M
Talk to your tuner. When I had my car tuned he took off the 1-4 skip shift but also inadvertently turned off the launch control. Spoke with him about it and he resolved it with a few keyboard taps.
Robster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2023, 04:28 PM   #11
cdrptrks

Drives: 2017 Blue Camaro 1SS 1LE with PDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunMetalGrey View Post
Yeah, I hear you, I’m actually not really concerned about the launch control so much as if this indicates that there are other problems with the car that I would prefer to find out before I go to the road course track the first this year
I swapped the updated EBCM into my SS 1LE over 2 months ago and have been on 4 tracks since then with no problems. PTM modes seem to work normally although I usually turn everything off on track. I haven't tried launch control since the swap but it was slower than manually launching the few times I tried it previously. Note that launch control is not adjustable on my car unlike on some of the newer Camaros so that might have been part of why it was slower.
cdrptrks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 01:52 PM   #12
GunMetalGrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robster View Post
Talk to your tuner. When I had my car tuned he took off the 1-4 skip shift but also inadvertently turned off the launch control. Spoke with him about it and he resolved it with a few keyboard taps.
Thanks for that information, that’s really good to know! I will contact him right away
Old 02-03-2023, 01:53 PM   #13
GunMetalGrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrptrks View Post
I swapped the updated EBCM into my SS 1LE over 2 months ago and have been on 4 tracks since then with no problems. PTM modes seem to work normally although I usually turn everything off on track. I haven't tried launch control since the swap but it was slower than manually launching the few times I tried it previously. Note that launch control is not adjustable on my car unlike on some of the newer Camaros so that might have been part of why it was slower.

That’s also really good to know and gives me more piece of mind, thanks!

Last edited by GunMetalGrey; 02-03-2023 at 03:01 PM.
GunMetalGrey is offline   Reply With Quote