Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Ask the Camaro Team

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-25-2022, 07:13 PM   #1
plusmiles

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1
2022 2SS rear view mirror dimmer setting

The owners manual says you have two options with the rear view mirror. Either the camera and all it's settings, or mirror in dim mode. Is there no way to adjust the mirror dim mode? As it is now, it's too dark for me, and way darker than the side view mirrors. Any help?
plusmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 08:49 AM   #2
Seventh Camaro

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by plusmiles View Post
The owners manual says you have two options with the rear view mirror. Either the camera and all it's settings, or mirror in dim mode. Is there no way to adjust the mirror dim mode? As it is now, it's too dark for me, and way darker than the side view mirrors. Any help?
If you are not using the camera mirror, when using the mirror it is auto dimming. So it would darken itself automatically at night if someone is behind you with headlights on, as far as I know there is no adjustment for the auto dimming mirror. My windows are 20 percent tinted, so it's pretty dark for me if I am not using the camera. I have gotten so used to the camera mode that now I never switch back to using just the mirror. The first few days I didn't think I would like the camera mirror, but now it is probably my favorite option on the car.
Seventh Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote