Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-31-2022, 05:15 PM   #1
Mad_Cuban

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T
Unhappy 2017 Camaro 2.0T Tuning Question

Hello fellas,

It's probably a stupid question and it's already been answered in the forum but here it goes.

A few months ago I bought a 2017 2.0T Camaro and it already came with a few mods (ZZP CAI, ZZP DP, ZZP Throttle body) and I added a Mishimoto catback and the ZZP e85 sensor. I was ready to move into tuning my car but I hit a wall. At first, I bought the ZZP tune but when I tried to read my stock file I got a "mode not supported $11" error. I got a bit discouraged and decided not to tune my car with ZZP and try BNR only to run into the same error. After several conversations with ZZP and doing some research, I deduced that the previous owner of my car had already tuned my car and that is why it has been giving me problems when reading the stock file. He probably tuned with Trifecta and I heard they lock their tune and that may be the cause of the problem (I'm not too sure about this). I have already tried to communicate with a Trifecta to see if the VIN of my car is in their database and they can send me a stock file but it's been days and they don't answer. I am considering the option of going to the dealer tomorrow and ask them to flash my car back to stock but I don't know if that will solve my problem and remove the existing tune. If someone with more knowledge could advise on what to do I would appreciate it. I would like to remove the existing tune and be able to tune my car with the tune that I want.

Thanks in advance.

Disregard post. Already found the solution.

Last edited by Mad_Cuban; 05-31-2022 at 09:00 PM.
Mad_Cuban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 11:44 AM   #2
Cyrkle8211

Drives: 2021 Camaro 2.0t 1LE
Hey Mad_Cuban! How did you contact Trifecta Performance? I’d try messaging them via Facebook Messenger, They we’re very quick with me this past weekend when I was talking with them.
Cyrkle8211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 06:05 PM   #3
Mad_Cuban

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T
Regular email support. They finally replied today tho
Mad_Cuban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 12:08 PM   #4
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Cuban View Post
Regular email support. They finally replied today tho
What did they say? (they don't lock tunes btw)
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote