Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 01-22-2023, 08:02 PM   #1
Carzzy

Drives: '24 Camaro 2SS Conv. & '21Blazer
My 2023 ZL1 Convertible PDI

Purchased my new ZL1 off the showroom floor a couple of weeks ago on a Friday. Picked it up the following Monday. Car was filled with gas, NYS inspection, optional wheel locks installed and optional floor mats were on the car's floor. That was it! I should have checked the car out more closely but was in a hurry to get home with the weather changing to snow.
When I got home I noticed the big bag in the trunk with various parts...rear coil aero covers, tow hook, standard floor mats, gas funnel, front license plate frame and 7 pieces of the underbody deflector parts along with fasteners.
Upon further inspection I noticed that the front orange coil spring spacers were not removed.
Is anyone competent anymore? Sales and Service should know better!
I will install all the parts myself and remove the spring spacers when the weather is warmed up. Stored in the garage for Winter
Attached Images

Last edited by Carzzy; 01-23-2023 at 08:22 AM.
Carzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 08:39 PM   #2
taylorforschool@gmail.com
PKG4U

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carzzy View Post
Purchased my new ZL1 off the showroom floor a couple of weeks ago on a Friday. Picked it up the following Monday. Car was filled with gas and was NYS inspected. That was it! I should have checked the car out more closely but was in a hurry to get home with the weather changing to snow.
When I got home I noticed the bag in the trunk with various parts...rear coil aero covers, tow hook, standard floor mats, gas funnel, front license plate frame and 7 pieces of the underbody deflector parts along with fasteners.
Upon further inspection I noticed that the front orange coil spring spacers were not removed.
Is anyone competent anymore? Sales and Service should know better!
I will install all the parts myself and remove the spring spacers when the weather is warmed up. Stored in the garage for Winter
Unfortunately my observations as a young adult for about a decade now.. no.. no one is competent anymore lol.. congrats on the new ride!!!

Mods after Warranty “Imma keep it stock”
taylorforschool@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 10:21 PM   #3
RobZL1
fo'shizZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Well, at least this way, they couldn't have screwed up anything. Congrats on the ride! She's a beaut!

Past Rides-
2014 ZL1 M6 Red Hot | Tons of mods
2004 CTS-V M6 Silver | Many mods
1995 Corvette M6 Torch Red | A few more mods
1992 Camaro M5 White | A few mods
RobZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 05:57 AM   #4
02blackss

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Convertible
I took delivery of my ZL1 convertible back in Oct, and I made damn well sure that the dealer did a proper PDI. Everything was in order and I could not find any issues. Spacers removed...I mean how can they miss that, there is a BIG sign on the drivers side window telling them to remove them!
Only difference with my car to yours is that I got the black RPO lug nuts, having the one lug nut different then the other 4 looks odd to me and I could not deal with it....LOL
02blackss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 06:55 AM   #5
pauly1119

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Nice looking car and congrats. At least you will be more connected to it now. I’d be happy they didn’t screw anything up on it and happily install the parts myself.
pauly1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 09:49 AM   #6
Carzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02blackss View Post
I took delivery of my ZL1 convertible back in Oct, and I made damn well sure that the dealer did a proper PDI. Everything was in order and I could not find any issues. Spacers removed...I mean how can they miss that, there is a BIG sign on the drivers side window telling them to remove them!
Only difference with my car to yours is that I got the black RPO lug nuts, having the one lug nut different then the other 4 looks odd to me and I could not deal with it....LOL
Yeah, I should have checked things out before taking delivery, instead of assuming that the dealership would do the proper PDI.
The wheel locks that they did install will be coming off, because they are black and I have chrome lug nuts. They do look out of place as you said!
LOL...they installed the one item that I did not want them to!
BTW....Nice car a twin to mine!
Old 01-23-2023, 10:11 AM   #7
Mark R

Drives: 2018 ZL-1
They employ the stupidest and lowest paying people to do these pre-delivery tasks. Their job is to scratch the paint when they clean off the transit dirt, drill the license plate holes off-center in the rear bumper, leave off everything they are supposed to attach to the car, and leave on things that should be taken off, like the front shock spacers.
Mark R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 12:15 PM   #8
JTS

Drives: 2023 ZL1 A10
Congratulations, beautiful Car, enjoy .
Old 01-23-2023, 05:38 PM   #9
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Congratulations and yes I can believe they didn’t do the PDI before you got the ZL1! I bought mine used with 425 miles in 2019 and everything was done.
Old 01-23-2023, 06:00 PM   #10
Drnick

Drives: 22’ ZL1
Competent!? In a dealership?! In the 21st century?!
Nah! No such thing, your lucky you got it off the car hauler
Without any damage! PS nice car, “ give me ticket red!”
Watch out for those NYS troopers!
Drnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 09:21 PM   #11
Carzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drnick View Post
Competent!? In a dealership?! In the 21st century?!
Nah! No such thing, your lucky you got it off the car hauler
Without any damage! PS nice car, “ give me ticket red!”
Watch out for those NYS troopers!
Thanks I will!