Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 03-27-2020, 08:46 AM   #29
Juiced1

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
I've seen dealers charger a lot more then $50 for that belt change.

We find that certain belts are easier to install then others. Do not buy a Gates belt or any other aftermarket belt. They are way to difficult to get on. Reuse the old one as long as you can and if you need to replace it get the Delco or GM part only.

We use a generic belt stretch tool over the ac pulley. It doesn't fit right but with two people you can make it work pretty quick. One holds it on and one spins the crank. For a good laugh jump on ebay and look up belt stretcher. Did that by mistake the first time lol.

We carry & install all the hottest brands for your 5th/6gen Camaro. Get awesome deals & install rates! Call or Pm us for your CAMARO5/CAMARO6 discount. 224-63-JUICE or INFO@JUICEDMOTORSPORTS.COM ST CHARLES IL

Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 08:37 AM   #30
Choda

Drives: Turbo 6.2
Factory crank pulley does have openings to use zip ties. It works. Took more time getting the zip ties in there than actually walking the belt on. Did it myself w a brand new Ac delco belt.

I zip tied the belt about 5 o clock on the back side of the crank pulley. Left the top of the belt off the crank. Put the belt on the top of the Ac pulley. Pushed hard w my thumb to keep the belt on the Ac pulley and turned the crank clock wise. You can see the belt was pulled from the back side to the front but once I cut the zip ties and turned it over another 1/4 it aligned nicely.
Attached Images

Old 03-30-2020, 10:08 AM   #31
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
Good job, Choda. Looks like the way to go for the guys with the factory LT1 pulley. I don't think this will work for the LT4 though.
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels/6 piston Brembo's/GForce DS and axles/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/Pray ported TB/Magnuson Heartbeat with 85mm pulley/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/Skidmark Garage E85 Sensor/JRE Smooth Idle Cam/GPI piston/rod kit /APR main, head, balancer bolts/Kooks 1 7/8 headers with high flow cats/JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote