Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 02-15-2020, 08:53 AM   #57
wjones14

Drives: 2021 BMW M2 Competition
Quote:
Originally Posted by TP2SS View Post
ThatMaro,

Let me start by saying I’m on your side here, so don’t bite my head off for positing the following:

Perhaps your car is an LS, as the dealer listed. You never mentioned why you thought it was a 2LT. Here’s what’s throwing me off: you say the car has the tech pkg. The tech pkg was not available on the 2LT, only the LS and 1LT. It’s only the 8” MyLink with Bose. That’s standard on a 2LT.

You could very well have an LS with the following options that were available on the LS:
3.6 V6
Tech pkg
RS pkg.

That would make the car seem like a 2LT when in fact it isn’t. The LS does not have remote start and it isn’t available as an option.

The definitive things that would tell you if it’s a 1LT or above would be paddle shifters behind the steering wheel. Does it have those?
To have leather seats (you implied you could do without them so I’m assuming you have them or think you do) you have to have a 2LT.

If you have paddle shifters and leather, it’s a 2LT no doubt.

Again, the build sheet and monroney label are your final arbiter.
I would get those things and find out for sure. If in fact it’s an LS, you might want to apologize to the dealer and just keep the car, it sounds nice and would be worth keeping if this was all just a misunderstanding.
Wow, you may have solved the mystery! I wondered from the beginning how the dealer would get alternate key fobs?

On pins and needles now to hear about the resolution. Hope it all works out for the OP. I never really understood the allure for remote start anyway, but that's just me.
Previous: 2018 Summit White 2SS 1LE; 2015 MINI Cooper F56 6MT; 2015 BMW M235i 6MT; 2003 MINI 5MT; 2005 Mustang GT 5MT
wjones14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 09:13 AM   #58
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
YouTube is not proof.

Look at the RPO decal and tell us if it has MX0 and BTV! I’m sure it must but it’s the only definitive thing to prove it has remote start.

That is a GM document and cannot be disputed, period!

Keep us posted and let us know what corporate has to say. You could also try the regional dealership director too. They could “school” this dealership.

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 09:20 AM   #59
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
I tend to agree with TP2SS that maybe the car is a LS with options but the only way to know is the VIN number and build sheet. From your description of the Camaro you really would like to keep it because that’s the one you chose to buy! I understand your frustration with the GM of the dealership but he has people there that know what they are doing and can research information about the vehicles they sell. I do think though he could have been more cordial to you when you were talking to him but the same goes for you too. I’m very surprised that they offered your money back and your trade in for sure as most trade ins are gone in a couple of days to a wholesaler buyer for resale or auction. Anyway I wish you Good Luck and that everything works out for you!
Old 02-15-2020, 09:49 AM   #60
ThatMaro
Patty Cake

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
ThatMaro,

Let me start by saying I’m on your side here, so don’t bite my head off for positing the following:

Perhaps your car is an LS, as the dealer listed. You never mentioned why you thought it was a 2LT. Here’s what’s throwing me off: you say the car has the tech pkg. The tech pkg was not available on the 2LT, only the LS and 1LT. It’s only the 8” MyLink with Bose. That’s standard on a 2LT.

You could very well have an LS with the following options that were available on the LS:
3.6 V6
Tech pkg
RS pkg.

That would make the car seem like a 2LT when in fact it isn’t. The LS does not have remote start and it isn’t available as an option.

The definitive things that would tell you if it’s a 1LT or above would be paddle shifters behind the steering wheel. Does it have those?
To have leather seats (you implied you could do without them so I’m assuming you have them or think you do) you have to have a 2LT.

I would get those things and find out for sure. If in fact it’s an LS, you might want to apologize to the dealer and just keep the car, it sounds nice and would be worth keeping if this was all just a misunderstanding.
The car had leather and heated/cooled front seats, which is how I knew it was a 2LT. Even pulled an Autocheck for the car and it came back as a 2LT. The car has everything a 2LT is supposed to have (this one doesn’t have Convenience & lighting pkg). Also the LS is only available with the Manual transmission right? The 2LT was the automatic. The sales guy told me the damn thing had the Technology pkg and I believed him because it had the upgraded Mylink touchscreen.

I was an idiot who impulsively bought a new car without doing all the proper research. So technically the entire situation is my fault.
10’ Lexus ES 350
17’ Mercedes-Benz E300 4Matic (Totaled)
20' Mercedes-Benz CLA 250 4Matic - Loaded
ThatMaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 10:04 AM   #61
TP2SS

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
That,

Def a 2LT with the leather. Auto is an option on LS.

I would still get the build sheet and try reasoning with the dealer with that proof. If they don’t get you the fobs, buy them from another dealer and have them programmed. Get in touch with gm social media and get the ball rolling with your story and I bet GM reimburses you for the fobs. You have no obligation to go back to that dealer for future service, so if it’s really a nice car maybe you keep it and be done with them.

Sorry you had to go through this. It’s NOT your fault!

Good luck!
Magnetic Ride Control
Dual Mode Exhaust
2019+ version Split Spoke Silver Wheels
Navigation
Silver Rally Stripes
TP2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 10:20 AM   #62
ThatMaro
Patty Cake

Just so I don’t have to individually respond to everyone here’s what’s happened so far. So we got the dealership at 9 AM SHARP. They already knew what we were there for and we were ready to get straight to the point and get the heck out of there. Our original sales guy came up to us and had go into the GMs office, so to cut the story short nothing bad happened no arguing nothing outstanding. So we got the got the car back and our money we left. I gave them their car back and they gave me my car back. We are currently on our way to Sir Walter Chevrolet to do another appraisal and hopefully trading today. Driving the 6th gen and then going back to my 5th gen is like a whole new world...Me and my wife’s main goal was to get our money and car and leave we didn’t want to be there any longer that we were supposed to be. So the return has already happened and I’m on my way to look at another car.
10’ Lexus ES 350
Old 02-15-2020, 10:30 AM   #63
Pupilbone

Drives: 2019 Crush ZL1 M6
Good for you, leave all that crap behind and try to enjoy what you’re about to do!

Go get em!
Old 02-15-2020, 12:07 PM   #64
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMaro View Post
Just so I don’t have to individually respond to everyone here’s what’s happened so far. So we got the dealership at 9 AM SHARP. They already knew what we were there for and we were ready to get straight to the point and get the heck out of there. Our original sales guy came up to us and had go into the GMs office, so to cut the story short nothing bad happened no arguing nothing outstanding. So we got the got the car back and our money we left. I gave them their car back and they gave me my car back. We are currently on our way to Sir Walter Chevrolet to do another appraisal and hopefully trading today. Driving the 6th gen and then going back to my 5th gen is like a whole new world...Me and my wife’s main goal was to get our money and car and leave we didn’t want to be there any longer that we were supposed to be. So the return has already happened and I’m on my way to look at another car.
Awesome, you're halfway there Good luck with the upgrade at the new dealership, and do keep us posted

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 01:03 PM   #65
Justcruising

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
I’m glad it is working out for you, make sure you post pictures of the next new ride
Justcruising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 01:50 PM   #66
ekone

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1lt
Since you're in NC, and it sounds like Raleigh since you mentioned Sir Walter, can I ask what dealer it was? I just purchased in this area also, and I did test drive a 2018 ss at a dealer that was more than shady, so wondering if it's the same place.
ekone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 03:01 PM   #67
plus1zero
Don't tread on me

Drives: 23 Sierra X31, Past 2017 Fifty 2SS
Quote:
ThatMaro,

3.6 V6
Tech pkg
RS pkg.

Only problem with this was that it had an RS package, which is not possible on an LS.

OP - you mentioned getting a GT, as much as I love a camaro, if it came down to a V6 camaro or a 5.0 mustang, the mustang would win every single time.
plus1zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 07:00 PM   #68
ThatMaro
Patty Cake

Just as an update to this thread.

I'm currently still in the market for another car. I've test-driven Camaro 1LT, 2LT, 3LT and the SS versions of the Camaro and honestly still can't make my decision. I've also looked at M3, M340i, and 440i. I've even checked out the C300s (which I really like a ton) and still can't make a decision on what vehicle I want. So this is going to take much longer than I expected. I intended on getting another Camaro but right now I honestly have no idea If I even want another Camaro (even though part of me really does). I'm working on making my decision very soon but I need a little more time. I'll continue to update this thread if I get another Camaro.
10’ Lexus ES 350
Old 02-18-2020, 07:59 PM   #69
IAI80

Drives: 2016 1LT V6 A8
Holy crap! I bought my 2016 LT A8 out of state. Drove it home 6 hours and realized after the fact that the dealer had given me two key fobs without remote start selection. I did some research and yes, the car has remote start. I have been starting the car with the phone app ever since. I think when the car hits 5 years old the free phone app remote start will become a monthly fee. I don’t care about remote start by key fob. I travel a bunch so when I get off an airplane knowing the car is an ice cube out in the parking lot I start it by phone app. Waiting until I’m in visual range with the key fob is no help anyway. No way I would have returned the car over this. Mine was a CPO repo car. The original key fobs were probably sold on EBay by the original owner. I’m sure in this situation it is a typical sleazy dealer procedure to replace the fobs with the cheaper non-remote start ones. Then plead ignorance to the remote start capability. In my case, once I figured this out, I just didn’t care that much.
IAI80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 12:02 AM   #70
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMaro View Post
Just as an update to this thread.

I'm currently still in the market for another car. I've test-driven Camaro 1LT, 2LT, 3LT and the SS versions of the Camaro and honestly still can't make my decision. I've also looked at M3, M340i, and 440i. I've even checked out the C300s (which I really like a ton) and still can't make a decision on what vehicle I want. So this is going to take much longer than I expected. I intended on getting another Camaro but right now I honestly have no idea If I even want another Camaro (even though part of me really does). I'm working on making my decision very soon but I need a little more time. I'll continue to update this thread if I get another Camaro.
I'll make the decision for you, based on previously owning a LT V6 model. If you can foot the SS, get it. You won't look back. I promise.

The LT V6 model is a great car but in the end you will still have a thirst for that next level especially when you see one pass you by (or you pass it by). The fuel mileage, you'll take a hit I won't lie but its still worth it IMO. I loved my V6 when I had it and it was a fun spirited car to toss around and had plenty of power especially for a V6, it was becoming questionable that it was capable of keeping up with my LS1 but after upgrading to my SS, its like literally living on a different Earth. I don't even think about it anymore. It just never crosses my mind.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote