Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 12-27-2019, 11:15 AM   #1
LuvMyV6

Drives: 2017 1LT Camaro
100+ Shot of Boost Safe for LGX?

I will be purchasing the Proton Plus Series Nitrous System W/ 10LB Bottle and a Tune. At first, I was wanting to play it safe and go with a 50 shot. Friends tell me I can go with a 50 shot all day and most likely not run into any problems... But now, I'm wanting to see what's the most boost I can add and also keep the engine running in good condition. Would a 100 shot be safe? Does anyone else have the LGX engine with 100+ shot of boost? Any advice available I'm willing to take. So, pretty much I'm just asking what's the most power I can get out of the Proton Plus Series and not blow up my engine. Any specific tunes?
LuvMyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 01:02 PM   #2
wookwook

Drives: 18 Camaro LS M6
the shot size can just be managed with a $5 nozzle if I'm not mistaken. why not start 'safe'? I am also looking to get some info on how adding water/meth is managed. My first guess is sending it to SD fuel maps (shut MAF in the tune file) for a day at the races, but don't quote me on that. I'm gonna ping Matt at zzp, probably buy an edit based on my (zzp) tune to look at. might be possible to look at it as an analog to your project. my car is an LTG 2T.
wookwook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 01:18 PM   #3
LuvMyV6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookwook View Post
the shot size can just be managed with a $5 nozzle if I'm not mistaken. why not start 'safe'? I am also looking to get some info on how adding water/meth is managed. My first guess is sending it to SD fuel maps (shut MAF in the tune file) for a day at the races, but don't quote me on that. I'm gonna ping Matt at zzp, probably buy an edit based on my (zzp) tune to look at. might be possible to look at it as an analog to your project. my car is an LTG 2T.
The kit comes with shot sizes "35HP, 50HP, 75HP, 100HP, 125HP and 150HP but can flow up to 250HP with the optional SHO jet kit."

I'm also wondering if a tune is even necessary for a wet nitrous system.
Old 12-27-2019, 02:17 PM   #4
wookwook

Drives: 18 Camaro LS M6
going wet is entirely different and requires a lot of integration in the fueling system. a tune is the least of your problems. its more oriented to dedicated racing setups. dry is fogging the intake, which I think is what your looking to do?
wookwook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 06:19 PM   #5
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
only 100? 15 years ago we were putting 100 wet hits on anything that ran. pull off the rail and you’re gtg.

na dodge neons, toyota corollas, nissan trucks. whatever. a pushmower can handle 100.
Old 12-29-2019, 03:13 AM   #6
LuvMyV6

Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
only 100? 15 years ago we were putting 100 wet hits on anything that ran. pull off the rail and you’re gtg.

na dodge neons, toyota corollas, nissan trucks. whatever. a pushmower can handle 100.
Yes, only 100. I'm not really looking into "build, break and repeat."
Old 12-29-2019, 03:18 AM   #7
LuvMyV6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookwook View Post
going wet is entirely different and requires a lot of integration in the fueling system. a tune is the least of your problems. its more oriented to dedicated racing setups. dry is fogging the intake, which I think is what your looking to do?
It'll spray (fog) into the intake. A mixture of nitrous and fuel. The mixture of nitrous and fuel is what makes it wet.
Old 01-02-2020, 06:42 PM   #8
dpevans

Drives: 2024 Riverside Blue 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post

I squirted 100 in my Briggs and Stratton and cut my yard time in half. Hilarious.
dpevans is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 10:04 PM   #9
LuvMyV6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpevans View Post
I squirted 100 in my Briggs and Stratton and cut my yard time in half. Hilarious.
Ha... Funny guy I'm still looking for someone to relate. I guess I'll just have to throw the 100 shot in there and we'll see what happens.
Old 02-21-2020, 12:08 AM   #10
Rs.ochoa

Drives: ’18 RS V6 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyV6 View Post
Ha... Funny guy I'm still looking for someone to relate. I guess I'll just have to throw the 100 shot in there and we'll see what happens.
Hey LuvMyV6 was wondering if you ended up going with the 100 shot or if nitrous at all ? I would like to know your set up. Please get back to me as soon as you can, thank you.
Rs.ochoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 08:05 AM   #11
MISTAPOWA

Drives: camaro rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rs.ochoa View Post
Hey LuvMyV6 was wondering if you ended up going with the 100 shot or if nitrous at all ? I would like to know your set up. Please get back to me as soon as you can, thank you.
There is no easy way to add nitrous to these cars. No place to find WOT on the pedal or throttle body, no easy way to tap fuel, it would all need to be custom and I doubt you'll find many people who know how to do it.
MISTAPOWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 10:00 AM   #12
JakeF_RS

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTAPOWA View Post
There is no easy way to add nitrous to these cars. No place to find WOT on the pedal or throttle body, no easy way to tap fuel, it would all need to be custom and I doubt you'll find many people who know how to do it.
I know that Tracy Lewis can do it, but he has a lot of experience with these cars.
JakeF_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 08:23 AM   #13
MISTAPOWA

Drives: camaro rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeF_RS View Post
I know that Tracy Lewis can do it, but he has a lot of experience with these cars.
Oh they can be done. Either fab up a bracket on the pedal or probe the wires to find one that works in the normal TPS range which is usually .5-5v range and wire your WOT that way. But you're also dealing with a car with torque management that won't give you WOT in 1st. Then you have the ECU trying to compensate, then you're also using a MAF system and letting in unmetered nitrous so you'd need a tune and someone who can work through all those problems.

Can be done, but realistically nobody here is going to.
MISTAPOWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 08:37 AM   #14
Jb54

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS M6
Hi. I'm not familiar with an lgx engine, but the rules still apply.
(1) Don't go over 40 percent of your naturally aspirated horsepower with nitrous.
(2) Only use at WOT(wide open throttle)
(3) Only use it above 3000 rpm
If you stick to these 3 rules you will be fine.
Wet system is a safer alternative because you are keeping things on the rich side and not relying on the car's computer to add more fuel. No tune is necessary with the gains you are trying to achieve. Enjoy! It is a lot of fun!

Last edited by Jb54; 02-25-2020 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Add
Jb54 is offline   Reply With Quote