Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-08-2018, 08:59 AM   #15
70chevelleSS

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1970 chevelle SS
Northwest Florida. Panama City/ Destin area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-08-2018, 09:38 AM   #16
JT58

Drives: Former 2016 Camaro 1LT
Wow, you are so patient to stick with the car after experiencing the shuddering for 3 years. I got sick of dealing with it after a year and got rid of the car altogether. If the aftermarket TC will eliminate the shuddering I would find a qualified shop and get it done. But honestly, and after experiencing it myself I would get another Camaro with a M/T, one with a 10 speed automatic. (or get another make altogether which is what I did).

I would not buy anything GM with an 8 speed automatic- the stories are just horrible- on the forums of Camaros, Corvettes and GM trucks. And the waiting lines for servicing the transmissions even worse (I had to wait in line for over 3 weeks).
Old 10-08-2018, 10:28 AM   #17
70chevelleSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT58 View Post
Wow, you are so patient to stick with the car after experiencing the shuddering for 3 years. I got sick of dealing with it after a year and got rid of the car altogether. If the aftermarket TC will eliminate the shuddering I would find a qualified shop and get it done. But honestly, and after experiencing it myself I would get another Camaro with a M/T, one with a 10 speed automatic. (or get another make altogether which is what I did).

I would not buy anything GM with an 8 speed automatic- the stories are just horrible- on the forums of Camaros, Corvettes and GM trucks. And the waiting lines for servicing the transmissions even worse (I had to wait in line for over 3 weeks).

I have seriously considered trading in for an m6. I absolutely love the 6th gen, hate the a8

Old 10-08-2018, 03:31 PM   #18
JFM-jr

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
The only way a dealer is replacing the converter under warrenty with a tuned ECM is if GM approves the work order without requesting the calibration screenshot from the dealer. You can be REST ASSURED the dealer is going to want to be certain they are getting paid for the work. Sometimes GM will just approve it if its a known common issue. But "IF" GM decided the wanted a copy of the current calibration they will absolutley know that its not what it left the factory with and deny the claim and thus the dealer is not going to do the work unless you foot the bill. The dealer is usually not the one to make that decision GM makes it for them. The days of reflashing the stock file back on are long gone and if you think in this day and age they cant tell your kidding yourself.
ARH 1 7/8 longtubes hi flow cats AFM deleted E85
11.0@124.9
11.65@118.8 pump gas,stock tune/exhaust
New combo: Pray Performance Heads/cam
MSD intake manifold and Circle D 3C
554/491 on E85 all work & tuning done by Pray
JFM-jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 03:39 PM   #19
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
For the money I would do the Circle D converter. No sense in putting another questionable item back in your car to fail later.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 06:39 AM   #20
JT58

Drives: Former 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70chevelleSS View Post
I have seriously considered trading in for an m6. I absolutely love the 6th gen, hate the a8

This would be the best option to me. I tried so hard to get into another Gen 6 but the dealers here are crappy and it seems do not prep the vehicles properly. When I test drove the Gen 6's with M/T I really liked the cars, except on two of them the alignment was way off- they pulled and the steering wheel was crooked when going straight, and they did not track good. Could have been alignment and/or tire pressure. I drove an SS and also a 2 LT V6 red line convertible. And just for grins I test drove a Colorado Pick up at one of the dealers with M/T. It shook so bad down the road AND the alignment was off. This completely frustrated me and deterred me away from GM. I could have looked and test drove cars further away but I was so frustrated at that point I gave up and did not want to start driving 100 miles.

Test drive a M6 and if it drives great and you love it, get it. When reading the forums I don't see problems with the M6 like the A8.
Old 10-10-2018, 11:26 AM   #21
gmw0181

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
I have a tune on my 2017 SS ECU module. The dealer covered my triple flush. Granted the transmission control module is stock because it is locked out from tuning.
gmw0181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 12:26 PM   #22
ScatPack
Banned

Drives: None at the moment
Man I cant wait to absolutely STEAL one of these pristine 6th gens from one of you guys for pennies on the dollar. Then put in $1500 of work for an aftermarket TC and absolutely have the greatest street car money can buy. Keep trading out of them boys. Flood the market and drive down the prices. At this rate, they will be cheaper than 5th gens. Man you guys are missing the boat because you are so unbelievably butthurt over this shudder thing. Willing to go much deeper in debt, and get your butts handed to you in trade, just to stick it to GM. Lol more power to you. With an aftermarket TC and a trans tune, these A8 6th gens are straight up monsters. I cant wait to get one. CHEAP!!
ScatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 12:39 PM   #23
Umbriel

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
I went with a Circle D and it has been incredible. I wouldn't put another OEM one in that will probably start shuddering again. Should just be a few hundred dollars or so to do the swap.
Umbriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 12:41 PM   #24
70chevelleSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbriel View Post
I went with a Circle D and it has been incredible. I wouldn't put another OEM one in that will probably start shuddering again. Should just be a few hundred dollars or so to do the swap.

What stall speed did you go with?

I don’t have any shudder issues and I’ve had the TCM tuned since Basically new. I’m looking to get a circle d for performance purposes however

Old 06-18-2019, 12:44 PM   #25
Umbriel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70chevelleSS View Post
What stall speed did you go with?

I don’t have any shudder issues and I’ve had the TCM tuned since Basically new. I’m looking to get a circle d for performance purposes however
It is a 4000 stall but it went in with my fairly large cam so it was needed, it honestly was a night and day difference. You wouldn't need a stall that high unless you were going to cam it but you could get one in the mid 2000s or so that would be a great street/strip type stall.
Old 06-18-2019, 12:54 PM   #26
crosive

Drives: 18 zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScatPack View Post
Man I cant wait to absolutely STEAL one of these pristine 6th gens from one of you guys for pennies on the dollar. Then put in $1500 of work for an aftermarket TC and absolutely have the greatest street car money can buy. Keep trading out of them boys. Flood the market and drive down the prices. At this rate, they will be cheaper than 5th gens. Man you guys are missing the boat because you are so unbelievably butthurt over this shudder thing. Willing to go much deeper in debt, and get your butts handed to you in trade, just to stick it to GM. Lol more power to you. With an aftermarket TC and a trans tune, these A8 6th gens are straight up monsters. I cant wait to get one. CHEAP!!

so let me get this straight, you think we are butthurt because we spent 30-40-50k on a car and it isn't working the way it should, and the dealership isn't fixing it?

I'm butthurt because what I paid for isn't what I paid for?

I'm butt hurt because I paid good money for an otherwise good car, and I've spent countless days off work, and countless days without my car, and the shudder isn't fixed?

"try and try again, then stop. there's no sense in being a damn fool about it"
crosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 01:38 PM   #27
Umbriel

I went into it knowing about the problem and the car shuddered on me during the test drive. Everything else was fine so I bought it because I knew I would be swapping anyway.
Old 06-28-2021, 09:38 AM   #28
wal-dog

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red 1SS
I've got 94,000 miles on my 2016 SS. I would guess the shudder has been around for around 40k miles or more. I'm trying to decide if I should attempt the Service bulletin 3 flush or just get the circle D. What should I do?
wal-dog is offline   Reply With Quote