Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 12-08-2019, 03:35 PM   #15
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
my dealer is quite competent,but chevy apparently has them try other items before rerouting the 4 wires that caused trouble.
That’s even worse. Proper troubleshooting should be a prerequisite by the manufacturers before they provide parts and pay for labor under warranty.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 08:45 PM   #16
Justcruising

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
I had the same issue twice, I had Onstar send me an email of the issue and dealer replaced the sensor no questions asked, a few months later it happens again while on vacation, I just happen to purchase a new set of wheels and decided to replace all sensors, a few weeks later it happens again same location on car, I am thinking now it’s a communication glitch, long story short I was installing a PTB and unhooked the negative battery terminal over night per instructions and have not had the TPMS issue since could be a coincidence, but I’ll take it
Justcruising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 09:08 AM   #17
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 19 2SS vert, Mosaic Blk, A10
I'm going through these same issues currently on my 19 2SS... Random on my fronts... I've been narrowing it down and think I've solved the issue... It started after I had my amp /sub installed in the trunk, and occurs significantly more with the top up (convertible) and at highway speeds... Last time it faulted, I pulled over, unplugged the fuse of the class D amp I'm running, and BAM all good!!!! I'm thinking it's the high frequency switching in the Amp that's interfering with the front TPMS, happening more with the top up, because the top helps "buffer" the radiating signals emitting from the Amp... Gonna try relocating it and using some metal to shield the Amp, see if that does it for good
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 10:52 AM   #18
DFW_Muscle

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago77 View Post
I'm going through these same issues currently on my 19 2SS... Random on my fronts... I've been narrowing it down and think I've solved the issue... It started after I had my amp /sub installed in the trunk, and occurs significantly more with the top up (convertible) and at highway speeds... Last time it faulted, I pulled over, unplugged the fuse of the class D amp I'm running, and BAM all good!!!! I'm thinking it's the high frequency switching in the Amp that's interfering with the front TPMS, happening more with the top up, because the top helps "buffer" the radiating signals emitting from the Amp... Gonna try relocating it and using some metal to shield the Amp, see if that does it for good
I know this is an old Thread, but I was hoping you could provide an update on your specific situation? I had / have the same issues, and came to the same conclusions about 2 years ago about Class D amp interference. My amp is mounted inverted to the bottom of the rear decklid. The RKE receiver which also handles the transmission from the TPMS is located on the topside of the decklid. I lowered the amp mount, and added a thin steel plate to the bottom of the amp mount and it fixed the issue for about a year (not a single lost comms). However, the issue returned (front wheels impacted this time only), so I replaced the front TPMS sensors. However, I still get the driver front sensor comms issue. If I turn the amp off (I can turn it off via the DSP controller mounted on my dash), the signal returns and system is back to normal. So, I can easily "fix" the signal issue but it is really bothersome. I think remounting my amp to a new location may be the only real solution. I've also considered moving the RKE receiver, but where to put it would be tricky.
DFW_Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 11:53 AM   #19
NeverDie
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
This is one reason car dealers are infuriating. Proper, well trained and intelligent technicians know how to troubleshoot properly to properly diagnose and fix the problem once, the first time, without shotgunning it.
The manufacturer mandates the process, not the dealership.
NeverDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 11:21 AM   #20
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago77 View Post
Same thing happened to me today… top up and passenger front loss of communication, at highway speed. Just installed a module for expanded top operations, as well as have led markers. Could be either of the two mods…. I’d bet $ on it. My mustang use to have TPMS faults when the cheap phone charger got warm.

Last edited by Chutzpah; 07-25-2021 at 11:39 AM.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 06:49 AM   #21
bereic

Drives: Camaro SS 2018 Convertible
Have the same issue with LED Side Markers. Interesting is, that with cheaper markers from China the issue does not appear.
The vendor is running some tests and should provide me a new set of them when tested and the issue fixed. So there is hope.
bereic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 09:01 AM   #22
jones1090

Drives: 2020 Rally Green Metallic 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by bereic View Post
Have the same issue with LED Side Markers. Interesting is, that with cheaper markers from China the issue does not appear.
The vendor is running some tests and should provide me a new set of them when tested and the issue fixed. So there is hope.
Same happening here, contacted manufacturer and put stock side markers back on and issue resolved.
2001 Camaro SS M6 - Sold
1996 Camaro V6 Auto - Sold
1986 Corvette 406ci M6
1967 Camaro SS350
jones1090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 08:41 PM   #23
Chris0691

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bereic View Post
What side markers are you running? My ‘19 SS is currently at the dealer for this very issue for the second week now. I replaced my side markers with Diode Dynamics

2019 2SS, GM Performance intake, Carbon Fiber skirting, hood vent.
Chris0691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 10:40 AM   #24
Cptchris

Drives: Camaro 2019 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris0691 View Post
What side markers are you running? My ‘19 SS is currently at the dealer for this very issue for the second week now. I replaced my side markers with Diode Dynamics

2019 2SS, GM Performance intake, Carbon Fiber skirting, hood vent.

I have a DD side markers and have the tire sensor issue only when the head lights are on. I replaced them 3 times. Still happens. I just ignore it now. Since it only happens at night.
Cptchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 10:43 AM   #25
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
ive had my front right tpms sensor go on also on the way to the track the last time times in the am and then go off once its sunny out...weird issue but wonder what it has to do with anything?
Old 11-09-2021, 08:53 PM   #26
Chris0691

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptchris View Post
I have a DD side markers and have the tire sensor issue only when the head lights are on. I replaced them 3 times. Still happens. I just ignore it now. Since it only happens at night.
When it’s on, does it affect your traction control? For me, when I take corners over 65 mph, the TC kicks on and starts braking the other tires. It’s really annoying especially when you’re trying to have some fun with a car that’s made for cornering.

Thinking about putting the stock ones back on to confirm my thoughts and then just smoke the lenses..
Old 11-10-2021, 03:45 AM   #27
Cptchris

Drives: Camaro 2019 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris0691 View Post
When it’s on, does it affect your traction control? For me, when I take corners over 65 mph, the TC kicks on and starts braking the other tires. It’s really annoying especially when you’re trying to have some fun with a car that’s made for cornering.

Thinking about putting the stock ones back on to confirm my thoughts and then just smoke the lenses..

No I don’t see that, just the tire sensor error.
I would totally switch back to see if that problem goes away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cptchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 10:58 PM   #28
Chris0691

Emailed Diode Dynamics with the suspicion and issues I was having and they confirmed the side marker LED’s were interfering with the TPMS. They are working on fixing the problem and are close to coming out with a new side marker for the car. They will also replace the side markers for the new version when they’re satisfied the problem is corrected. So in the mean time I will be putting my stock ones back on until the new ones come in.

Last edited by Chris0691; 11-14-2021 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Grammer