Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-28-2017, 03:44 PM   #29
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Ive chwcked local autozones and advance auto online, and for the life of me cant find a single filter.

The fram frsh one seems to be discontinued most places according to the part number.

Outsode of rock auto, cant seem to find any. Any care to share any part numbers?

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 04:08 PM   #30
Kracka

Drives: 2021 Corvette Z51
Rockauto is the place I get all my filters. The Fram is currently on back order so check out the Hastings carbon filter #ACF1624 or Wix #24211.

5% off discount code: 6274808252585290
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 06:34 PM   #31
PolynesianPowerhouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracka View Post
Rockauto is the place I get all my filters. The Fram is currently on back order so check out the Hastings carbon filter #ACF1624 or Wix #24211.

5% off discount code: 6274808252585290
On point, uce! Highly appreciate it.

Yea the fram thing said a 1-2 month wait.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
Old 06-02-2017, 11:37 AM   #32
RojellyB

Drives: 2016 1LT NGM
has anyone recently bought the Fram filter? did it actually take 1-2 months to arrive?
RojellyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 11:41 AM   #33
Kracka

Turk just got his Hastings from RockAuto yesterday and it's very quality similar to the Fram, for those of you looking for an alternative.
Old 06-02-2017, 12:54 PM   #34
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracka View Post
Turk just got his Hastings from RockAuto yesterday and it's very quality similar to the Fram, for those of you looking for an alternative.
Kracka is right, I did indeed order the Hastings filter from RockAuto. Order to delivery was 10 days. Going to install it over the weekend, it looks and feels very good quality.

Rockauto > Chevrolet > Year (2016 at least) > Camaro > 6.2 (or 2.0T, 3.6) > Heat & Air Conditioning > Cabin Air filters.

HASTINGS FILTERS AFC1624 is the filter and part #.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 07:20 PM   #35
PolynesianPowerhouse

appreciate the help to all who added.

it took literally like 3 minutes. one suggestion, remove the left side tab closest to the steering wheel, and pull that side slightly past, then push on the right side of the box. No tools needed to remove the glove box to allow it to swing down

Old 06-03-2017, 08:22 PM   #36
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolynesianPowerhouse View Post
appreciate the help to all who added.

it took literally like 3 minutes. one suggestion, remove the left side tab closest to the steering wheel, and pull that side slightly past, then push on the right side of the box. No tools needed to remove the glove box to allow it to swing down
Ok, I was hesitating to do this, but after reading your post on how easy it went, I pulled the trigger. Thank you very much.
Old 06-08-2017, 04:54 PM   #37
BowtieRocket

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS- M6
Sweet! This is why I love this forum! I had a strange odor coming out of the air conditioning and I knew it had to be the cabin filter so I looked into having it replaced through the dealer. The dealer suggested that this filter be changed every year at Spring. But fearing what they would charge to change it I came here looking for a solution. And lo and behold there was. I took out the filter and it was quite dirty at 15000 miles. So I hooked up the trustee Shop-Vac and vacuumed it out then spraying it with Febreze once dry reinstalled it and man how does it smell? Awesome. Great information and how to steps here well worth the price of the free admission.
Old 06-09-2017, 10:44 AM   #38
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Ok, got this done. Not bad at all. Couple things I will add. When getting the left side peg out first I thought I really had to pry and pry using long screwdriver. Nope, look in and the peg had already cleared the hole. Now just pull right side out. Also, I would run a piece of stiff wire or something through the loop on the small peg on the right that's attached to the spring loaded line. That way you can pull it down and put into place very easily before closing the door and if the piece comes loose you don't have to remove the door again just pull on your attached wire to grab it again.

Last edited by Michigan1LTRS; 06-09-2017 at 01:49 PM.
Michigan1LTRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 10:10 AM   #39
PolynesianPowerhouse

has anyone used the WIX filter? I went with that one. theres an arrow on it. theres also writing in between the one singular arrow.

when the writing is right side up, meaning how we all read things, the arrow points up.

should the arrow point down? and have the writing upside down?

I installed it with it pointing upwards and the writing in the correct position to be read...

any suggestions?

Old 06-10-2017, 10:15 AM   #40
Kracka

Arrow points down. That's the way the air flows.
Old 07-01-2017, 12:10 PM   #41
wal-dog

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red 1SS
I've got the glove box door hanging down but I can't figure out how to get to the filter. I can see it through that hole. What am I doing wrong?

Last edited by wal-dog; 07-02-2017 at 10:35 AM.
wal-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 06:57 PM   #42
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Quote:
Originally Posted by wal-dog View Post
I've got the glove box door hanging down but I can't figure out how to get to the filter. I can see it through that hole. What am I doing wrong?

Look up, there is a mini door that has to come off.