Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 07-13-2020, 09:09 AM   #197
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by LESS1 View Post
Thanks for the kind words and I understand the potential pitfalls of the Alpha in Camaro guise. Wife and I just went to the golf course, she wanted to take the Camaro so we did. Honestly, I don't have any issues with having to put the back seat down in order to get a couple of golf bags in the trunk. Now if I had little ones and car seats I can see where this routine would grow old in a hurry.
Yeah even in cars with room it's not fun putting car seat in and out lol. Once it's in there I prefer it to stay in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
I have a child seat in the back most of the time, I wish it had a split seat folding mechanism but at the same time I can usually make due by just taking the car seat out and putting it on top of the folded seats.

Fun fact I was out of Black Friday last year with the camaro and bought a power wheels, I didn't want to go home to get the truck so I hudini'd it in the camaro through the door. Somehow my roof liner came out without a mark lol.
ha, I will admit not wanting to take the car seat in and out is a me problem. But I do drive my son a good chunk of the time so keeping the seat in is a priority. A split fold would really help though. Like I said my issues that keep me from considering the car are almost all design/styling related and that's what gets me mad about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
People been preaching the Camaro's demise for a while now. And guess what. The ironic thing is that this whole pandemic might spell certain doom for ALL the RWD V8 American performance cars.
Yeah the pandemic is really going to change the landscape in this segment. going to be scary to see

Quote:
Who can afford a $95K+ Hellcat Redeye with full options these days? That is why they had to offer all those huge discounts to get people to buy. And people still ain't gonna buy because they can't afford it. I mean, I can. But I'd be dumb as hell to buy another $70K+ vehicle. At best the R/Ts and V6s will sell and maybe some SRT8s.
Yeah probably not a lot of people that can afford them, but to those who can more power to them. But if it brings more people into the showroom and they leave with something else mission accomplished. Lets not forget those low end trims are the life blood for these cars.

Quote:
Mach1 my ass. In 03 the Mach1 was world's apart from the GT. Now what do I get? A Bullitt engine with a PP2 suspension and coolers all with a GT A10 trans option. For probably $63K. Don't make me laugh. If the Camaro goes under then it will be after the Chally. And the Mustang will be shortly after that with it's 27 different trims.
Now I know you don't like the strategy, the 21 Mach 1 so I am not trying to convince you to like it.

If GM did a similar strategy and put the rumored LT3 that was discussed a page or two ago or in a different thread in a Camaro with some other parts from another camaro model and called it a Z/28 I can almost guarantee you people would have gobbled it up
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(

Last edited by shaffe; 07-13-2020 at 09:43 AM.
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 10:51 AM   #198
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post

If GM did a similar strategy and put the rumored LT3 that was discussed a page or two ago or in a different thread in a Camaro with some other parts from another camaro model and called it a Z/28 I can almost guarantee you people would have gobbled it up
I would agree. I would predict an LT3 based Z28 would have:
1) large and long and equal runner manifold similar to the LT2
2) 95 mm TB
3) two large oval cats in place of the 4 cats 2.5" ID
4) 7 liters
5) LS7 spec cam shaft but with DoD
6) revised CAI maybe some sort of hood based CAI / cowl induction
7) LT2 dry sump / scavenging system
8) 6800 RPM fuel cut

505 HP, basically a direct inject LS7, trading up to DI and a higher velocity head, but losing some head flow and RPM.

The LT3 intake will look more like this IMO of course:
https://www.jegs.com/i/Speedmaster/7...RoC4QMQAvD_BwE
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.

Last edited by oldman; 07-13-2020 at 11:36 AM.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 12:40 PM   #199
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:

Now I know you don't like the strategy, the 21 Mach 1 so I am not trying to convince you to like it.

Agreed on the last part, the only difference being your proposed z28 would not be putting bandaids on things that were known issues and complaints ie crappy Chinese manual trans and lack of proper cooling on a "non track car" "track car". I agree the mach 1 is a good option to the line up but some of the upgrades it brings should have been addressed in prior 5.0s.

So a slightly more powerful lt3, possibly with zle dssv's, and more aero is really just a better version of what's already out there. As opposed to Chevy putting a crap trans on the ss and lack luster track cooling then coming out with a 60k z28 that had a tr6060 and proper cooling.

But I do agree with your overall sentiment there, just don't think its quiet an apples to apples compare. However I also don't quite get the hate the mach 1 gets sometimes aside from possibly the price.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 01:01 PM   #200
shaffe

Quote:
Agreed on the last part, the only difference being your proposed z28 would not be putting bandaids on things that were known issues and complaints ie crappy Chinese manual trans and lack of proper cooling on a "non track car" "track car". I agree the mach 1 is a good option to the line up but some of the upgrades it brings should have been addressed in prior 5.0s.

So a slightly more powerful lt3, possibly with zle dssv's, and more aero is really just a better version of what's already out there. As opposed to Chevy putting a crap trans on the ss and lack luster track cooling then coming out with a 60k z28 that had a tr6060 and proper cooling.

But I do agree with your overall sentiment there, just don't think its quiet an apples to apples compare. However I also don't quite get the hate the mach 1 gets sometimes aside from possibly the price.
Agreed its not apples to apples. Especially since like mentioned Ford was fixing stuff.

Was just saying that if GM slapped together a Z/28 from stuff that already is out there chevy faithful would more than likely go crazy for it lol
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(

Last edited by shaffe; 07-13-2020 at 01:16 PM.
Old 07-13-2020, 02:57 PM   #201
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Quote:
Agreed its not apples to apples. Especially since like mentioned Ford was fixing stuff.

Was just saying that if GM slapped together a Z/28 from stuff that already is out there chevy faithful would more than likely go crazy for it lol
Yeah, just like they did last time, remember? Oh yeah, no they didn't. Z/28's sat on the lots.
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 09:16 PM   #202
johnnytuinals

Drives: 2016 Dodge Challenger Shaker
I have had a New 1996 Stang GT,2000 Stang GT,2003,Stang GT and a 2006 Stang GT
I have looked ONLINE at the Stangs and they do NOTHING for me.You can always see a Stang every few mins on the road.
I have to admit I don't see many Camaros on the road.But I am driving my 3rd Challenger,Its a Challenger Rt 5.7 Shaker.
But looking for something atads different in the next few months at getting a 2021 Camaro 1SS in Manual,,,,glad that I read that the Camaro has 4 inchs more leg room then the stangs.......JT
johnnytuinals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 09:46 PM   #203
Idaho2018GTPremium

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytuinals View Post
I have had a New 1996 Stang GT,2000 Stang GT,2003,Stang GT and a 2006 Stang GT
I have looked ONLINE at the Stangs and they do NOTHING for me.You can always see a Stang every few mins on the road.
I have to admit I don't see many Camaros on the road.But I am driving my 3rd Challenger,Its a Challenger Rt 5.7 Shaker.
But looking for something atads different in the next few months at getting a 2021 Camaro 1SS in Manual,,,,glad that I read that the Camaro has 4 inchs more leg room then the stangs.......JT
Ha, 4" more legroom? The Mustang has 45.1" front leg room, and the Camaro has 43.9" legroom.

Past:
2018 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP1, MR, and A10
2007 MazdaSpeed3
1995 Pontiac Trans Am
1987 Camaro Z28

Idaho2018GTPremium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 09:53 PM   #204
johnnytuinals

Drives: 2016 Dodge Challenger Shaker
So yeaaaaa say.
I am just reading from the review on youtube...........JT
johnnytuinals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 09:19 AM   #205
shaffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post
Yeah, just like they did last time, remember? Oh yeah, no they didn't. Z/28's sat on the lots.
LOL should have said don't make it a stripper with a 75K price tag then people would go crazy for it.
Old 07-14-2020, 11:41 AM   #206
Idaho2018GTPremium

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
LOL should have said don't make it a stripper with a 75K price tag then people would go crazy for it.
Exactly my thoughts - the base Z28 price in today's dollars was over $81k. And some people here are giving the base GT500 a hard time for being $73k...

Past:
2018 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP1, MR, and A10
2007 MazdaSpeed3
1995 Pontiac Trans Am
1987 Camaro Z28

Idaho2018GTPremium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 11:51 AM   #207
RobbyBeefcake87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho2018GTPremium View Post
Exactly my thoughts - the base Z28 price in today's dollars was over $81k. And some people here are giving the base GT500 a hard time for being $73k...
If said people criticizing the gt500's price were defending the z28's price that statement would be a lot more warranted, but usually you see people heavily criticize the z28s price.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
Old 07-14-2020, 01:04 PM   #208
RobbyBeefcake87

Quote:

Yea but if its priced right, why shouldn't they.

I personally think the mach 1 is exciting and a good option but it's not just the gm crowd criticizing it, a lot of Ford fanboys are too. Probably just had unrealistic expectations as far as the engine and disappointed at the price point, but ultimate a better parts bin car is a win imo.

I think a 6th gen z28 shouldn't and wouldn't have to go the 5th gen z28 route. Doesn't need it's own engine, also the alpha doesn't need the extra chassis massaging the zeta did to hit the mark, just make it an NA zl1 1le and price it correctly. Also shouldn't be like the 4th gen ss vs z28 though lol.
Old 07-14-2020, 02:40 PM   #209
shaffe

Quote:
Yea but if its priced right, why shouldn't they.

I personally think the mach 1 is exciting and a good option but it's not just the gm crowd criticizing it, a lot of Ford fanboys are too. Probably just had unrealistic expectations as far as the engine and disappointed at the price point, but ultimate a better parts bin car is a win imo.

I think a 6th gen z28 shouldn't and wouldn't have to go the 5th gen z28 route. Doesn't need it's own engine, also the alpha doesn't need the extra chassis massaging the zeta did to hit the mark, just make it an NA zl1 1le and price it correctly. Also shouldn't be like the 4th gen ss vs z28 though lol.
I think the reason Ford people are mad about the Mach 1 is there was lots of rumors before the reveal of 500HP and I mean a lot of rumors and then to find out its a carry over Bullitt engine let a lot of people down.
Old 07-14-2020, 06:35 PM   #210
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
If said people criticizing the gt500's price were defending the z28's price that statement would be a lot more warranted, but usually you see people heavily criticize the z28s price.
AFAIK the Z28 came with a warranty at a competitive race event(s) and the GT500 does not. That is a whole lot of money and engineering to back something like that up.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote