#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 05-23-2009, 05:08 AM   #1
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Exclamation Don't Be That Guy

I have just returned home from roughly an hour of driving to bring someone home. He used to work with me. I should point out that he was released from that position Friday after not showing up to the job he hates one too many times. He should have found another one first, but who am I to judge someone for leaving a job that doesn't suit his interests? He was a performer. In a production-oriented position, he out-produced a lot of people. His confidence worked for him in a good way at work and with women. He came off a little rough around the edges, but he cleaned up nicely and carried himself like a champion.

I always learned to professionally befriend those whose performance is extraordinary because it would benefit my numbers, so befriending this guy was something I found valuable at work. It allowed me to learn a few things on the job. Obviously, not all that can be won in friendships can be had in the office, so I invited him over for a little relaxation and some drinks.

I should stop here to point out that I graduated in December from the University of Kansas, a school known for a lively party environment, along with its athletic and academic achievements. I've been known to have some nights with a few more than the healthy quota of drinks, and that is not uncommon around here for college students behaving socially.

In order to accomplish this night of relaxation, I had to drive him some distance to my place after work. Being the guy who I am, I have no problem driving or going out of my way to be courteous. I offered a ride. We picked up some drinks and watched some TV.

He inhaled his drink while I sipped mine, and let me remind you that this is coming from someone who hasn't quite grown out of beer pong games or power hours. By the end of the night, he's passed out on a roommate's bed without a shirt. Needless to say, he could have handled himself better.

Here I am, up at 5AM, because some guy wasn't quite as clean-cut as we would like our business companions to be. I was hoping to find out more about why he wanted to leave the company or any skills that I hadn't learned already from working with him. It was business for me. For him, it was social annihilation, eventually leading to an unwelcome trip home.

Don't be the guy that is naked in my roommate's bed. If you find yourself tearing through bottles of cheap rum because whiskey makes you fight and you had a rough night recently with vodka, then you need help. I'm sure you won't accept the label well, but you're an alcoholic. If you're not going to resolve your drinking problems for your health, do it because you're a burden on your friends or because you look like an idiot when you're passing out mid-sentence. Don't be that guy.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 06:29 AM   #2
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
and that's exactly why i never really spent a great deal of time with people who did that... i'm somewhat like you & get annoyed by it quite quickly... sorry you lost so much sleep - at least you have a long weekend!
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 09:57 AM   #3
diddiyo

Drives: .
hehe, beer pong. i prefer flip-cup.
diddiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 10:04 AM   #4
CamaroHutch

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RJT
Your poor roommate

2SS RS RJT

Delivery?? 5/27/09 #10630

AFTERMARKET:
Hurst STS
Borla ATAK Catback
CamaroHutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 10:17 AM   #5
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Blur, man, I hope you picked his brain at least a little before 'that' point. You should be a writer. I enjoyed that post. How did the trip to take him home go?
Old 05-23-2009, 10:52 AM   #6
Nexus6
More human than human

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Man i can't stand it when people get like that, never could even when i was younger.I got sick from drinking once,and my friends thought it was great.After asking why ,they said "well now we know your human".I said "WTF is that supposed to mean",their response was "your emotion never changes,even when you drink". .I always try to go by this.What would i think of myself if i saw someone else doing what i'm doing right now.

1100 - 10/22/2008
3000 - 05/27/2009
3300 - 06/06/2009
3800 - 06/29/2009
4B00 - 06/29/2009

Warehouse 13 survivor

Blood stains,speed kills,fast cars,cheap thrills,rich women,fine wine,i lost my sense i lost control i lost my
mind.
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 11:04 AM   #7
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus6 View Post
What would i think of myself if i saw someone else doing what i'm doing right now.

I learned this a long time ago. Every once in a while I'll have a few too many but I just get a little annoying. Talk too much. lol
Old 05-23-2009, 01:34 PM   #8
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
Blur, man, I hope you picked his brain at least a little before 'that' point. You should be a writer. I enjoyed that post. How did the trip to take him home go?
He was out cold for most of the trip. I just made one-word responses to any comments he made. He was still obliterated.

Did I pick his brain? I didn't learn much. It was a gamble that I would learn anything from him anyway. From a business standpoint, his leaving actually makes my performance more valuable. There are only a few of us that put up big numbers regularly, and two of them have left recently.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 01:48 PM   #9
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
what as that?

quiet down in here.....

my head hurts.

Old 05-23-2009, 06:12 PM   #10
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
Got pretty severe alcholism in my family so I don't drink much ever. Don't want things to get out of hand.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:44 AM   #11
wylde1
I am the Stig

Drives: Black w/ IOM stripe 1SS
I hear ya man. I like a good time as much as the next guy, but after spending a few days throwing up when i was 16 I learned my lesson. For some reason... alot of people dont. I actually really like the taste of beer, and try as many kinds as I can. That's why I drink it, not so I can evacuate my stomach.

I've never once passed out unintentionally, and I've probably only been sick from drinking once in the last 4-5 years, mabye more. Whenever I hear people talking about how "wasted" they got, or just spend their money going out and getting obliterated every night, it just makes me see them in a totally different light and I can't really relate to them anymore.

good advice... don't be that guy haha
Old 02-03-2010, 11:50 AM   #12
brandotron
I am the internets.

Drives: dangerously
Quote:
Originally Posted by wylde1 View Post
I hear ya man. I like a good time as much as the next guy, but after spending a few days throwing up when i was 16 I learned my lesson. For some reason... alot of people dont. I actually really like the taste of beer, and try as many kinds as I can. That's why I drink it, not so I can evacuate my stomach.

I've never once passed out unintentionally, and I've probably only been sick from drinking once in the last 4-5 years, mabye more. Whenever I hear people talking about how "wasted" they got, or just spend their money going out and getting obliterated every night, it just makes me see them in a totally different light and I can't really relate to them anymore.

good advice... don't be that guy haha

Good OP Blur--I never saw this one.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:20 PM   #13
wylde1
I am the Stig

Drives: Black w/ IOM stripe 1SS
yeah I tend to dig up dead threads ... because well, I'm bored at work.... and have no constructive input on live ones at the moment haha
Old 02-03-2010, 12:28 PM   #14
Mr Smith
Born again Hot Rodder

Drives: Black 1SS/RS LS3 M6
Thats why I drink alone..Dont wanna disappoint someone.

Tags
alcohol