#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Phastek Performance

Old 01-09-2021, 06:22 PM   #29
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighti2 View Post
Whatever they paid. It was way too much. What that take like 2 minutes in photoshop to do?
Believe it or not, that's not the worst thing I have seen. I don't think this logo is good, but at least it took some effort. On the other hand, the City of Vancouver had a logo that can literally be made in Microsoft Word in minutes.

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-...vancouver-logo

People with Art degrees, if you don't understand why other people(particularly engineers) laugh at you, this is why.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 06:27 PM   #30
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Lame. Just f’ing lame.

Barra is the worst thing ever to happen to GM. And that’s saying something.

Electric cars can’t be forced on to the public if you want to make money on them. The public has to want them.

Just because Musk is the richest guy on the planet on paper doesn’t mean his car is profitable and everybody wants one.

2%.

That’s how much of the car market is electric. And Mary the B is making GM’s new logo based on her ideal of going all electric in 10 years.

Talking about forcing people into buying something, Looks like I’ll be forced into buying a Challenger or Mustang next.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 07:11 PM   #31
knighti2

Drives: 2SS M6 Hot Wheels #515
"Believe it or not, that's not the worst thing I have seen. I don't think this logo is good, but at least it took some effort. On the other hand, the City of Vancouver had a logo that can literally be made in Microsoft Word in minutes.

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-...vancouver-logo"

After seeing that Im guessing the gM logo must have taken hours to do. Ha
knighti2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 08:41 PM   #32
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
Lame. Just f’ing lame.

Electric cars can’t be forced on to the public if you want to make money on them. The public has to want them.

Just because Musk is the richest guy on the planet on paper doesn’t mean his car is profitable and everybody wants one.

2%.

That’s how much of the car market is electric. And Mary the B is making GM’s new logo based on her ideal of going all electric in 10 years.

Talking about forcing people into buying something, Looks like I’ll be forced into buying a Challenger or Mustang next.
While she is on board with it, the government makes the rules and it is they who are mandating electric vehicles. Ultimately, it will be a national disaster. Bet on it. She is however, responsible for angry customers on the service drive who then decide GM isn't for them.
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 08:51 PM   #33
3.8TransAM

Drives: SS 1LE, 89 TTA, 91 GTA, 91 Formula
Quote:
Originally Posted by 396ssrat View Post
While she is on board with it, the government makes the rules and it is they who are mandating electric vehicles. Ultimately, it will be a national disaster. Bet on it. She is however, responsible for angry customers on the service drive who then decide GM isn't for them.

We the people need to take back the government. Their role is not to decide what we drive, how we live or anything else.

Mary Barra did what was needed for GM to survive. Her problem is she has no pulse when it comes to making anything people want and apparently Ruess Jr. doesn't have the chops or the balls to bring affordable excitement out to us unlike his father.
3.8TransAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 08:54 PM   #34
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Quote:
Seeing you have a ‘66 Chevelle, and you see my screen name, I’m starting to feel like this is no country for us. And I’m only 43. Everyone keeps reminding me I’m a young guy.

But I’m afraid we’re losing our identity
Old 01-09-2021, 08:58 PM   #35
Crushin_LT1

Drives: 2021 LT1 6spd
The biggest issue is electric cars are toys for the rich now and for the foreseeable future. They're almost always a second or third car for a family.

Until an electric car can suit the average person its wrong to force them on everyone, but don't rely on government to represent anyone but the upper crusts of society.
Old 01-09-2021, 10:27 PM   #36
SS376

Drives: 2013 1SS LS3
GM quality has slipped in recent years, I don't think much of Mary Barra's leadership, and this new logo and the touchy feely progressive reasoning behind just annoys me. Yep, I'm done with GM.
SS376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 10:48 PM   #37
Puddin

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Lame. Just f’ing lame.

2%.

The challenger and mustang are headed the same way with both CEOs stating electrification will be a part of their sporty lineups. Best thing we can do is enjoy the cars we got now because it looks like most the manufacturers are wanting some sort of electric vehicle.
Puddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 11:12 PM   #38
396ssrat

Quote:
Seeing you have a ‘66 Chevelle, and you see my screen name, I’m starting to feel like this is no country for us. And I’m only 43. Everyone keeps reminding me I’m a young guy.

But I’m afraid we’re losing our identity
Got mine in my pocket. Lol
And btw, young makes you lucky. Most of my life is in the rear view mirror. We old people did have a good run for a while.
Old 01-09-2021, 11:21 PM   #39
396ssrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddin View Post
The challenger and mustang are headed the same way with both CEOs stating electrification will be a part of their sporty lineups. Best thing we can do is enjoy the cars we got now because it looks like most the manufacturers are wanting some sort of electric vehicle.
I don't think they have much choice. Electric is like the ban on mtbe, mtbe was perfectly fine (AND CHEAP), it just required being double tanked to avoid spill's it is strictly political. Electric is nothing more than a redistribution of wealth. People are not to bright and cannot look past the end of their noses but to avoid being political, I'll stop here.
Old 01-10-2021, 12:25 AM   #40
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Quote:
Got mine in my pocket. Lol
And btw, young makes you lucky. Most of my life is in the rear view mirror. We old people did have a good run for a while.
Without saying anything that will get me banned or the thread locked, I have another 40 years of fewer and fewer cars to chose from for reasons which we all know.

If you look at some of my threads some would say I’m the “get off my lawn” type..... I’m still having a hard time with the electric parking brake!
Old 01-10-2021, 12:43 AM   #41
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
I hear they are also changing the Chevy Bow Tie to a Bolo Tie.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 12:44 AM   #42
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS376 View Post
GM quality has slipped in recent years, I don't think much of Mary Barra's leadership, and this new logo and the touchy feely progressive reasoning behind just annoys me. Yep, I'm done with GM.
Agreed.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote