Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-22-2020, 04:58 PM   #1
Jmorse21

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT
Hyper street gen II coilovers

For something that don’t break the bank. I don’t know how many of you have looked into, or have even noticed these. But in saying that, I feel like these are a fantastic deal. I was wanting to lower the car when I got the 6th gen wheels and tires put on, so I decided I wanted to replace the whole shock and strut and just replace it with something new. For under $500 I got these coilovers and to me they resemble really close to the BC racing coilovers. The install was pretty straight forward. Take the top hats off the stock springs. Install them on the new coilovers. Make sure the springs were pre-loaded, and then re-install them on the car. I didn’t make any adjustments to height until I could let the car back down and see where it was sitting. So after letting it down, I raised it back up and made the height adjustments. As for right now, the car is sitting evenly squared at 28” from the ground to the top of the wheel well. These were adjustable from soft to firm ride quality and I put it in the middle. Being lower to the ground makes it feel better going around corners but still have the stock quality of ride. Any dissenting thoughts on these from anyone?
Attached Images

Jmorse21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 11:48 PM   #2
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
It looks great man. I installed Megan Racing coilovers and all new mounts on mine. They were around $700. I had read in a few places that BC makes them and rebrands for Megan. Anyhow, they work great and the ride is incredible. I have them on the higher stiffness lol and lowered them down a TON, massive difference. It took me a while to get properly lowered how I wanted as I was using a micrometer to measure and make sure each side was the same measurement, but also the same ride height.

Make sure you get an alignment, you will absolutely need it. I lowered mine so much that when aligned they could not get me any better than -1.5 camber in the rear. I need new camber bolts soon to correct that. The front aligned perfectly. I got it aligned at the local Goodyear. It cost me $150 for their 3 year unlimited alignment deal. Not bad, but there are better deal out there if you look. I think a one time alignment was only like $75, which is good if you don't plan to make any height changes.

As long as they ride nice for you, last a while, and are a quality build then who cares how much they cost or what brand they are. If we could all afford top of the line then of course we would.

BTW, welcome to the site! You got a very nice ride
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
6gen, camaro, coilover, lowered, shock