Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-16-2020, 02:44 PM   #1
vandrewv
vandrewv

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro
Unhappy 2011 V6 Camaro LTT Misfiring bank 1

Hey y’all, I’m at my wits end with this car I recently purchased, I worked pretty hard to pay for it & finally have a 2011 v6 Camaro with 104000 miles. However it has a misfiring problem that I’ve been chasing for weeks. Engine bank 1 continues to misfire 1, 3, and 5. As well as a random misfire p0300 code. The car is fitted with a KN cold air intake, BBK long tube headers/high flo Cats, and a Magnaflow cat back exhaust. It is not tuned as the problem persisted through 93 octane. It also has brand new Full synthetic oil and all the fluids are good such as coolant. The car also has an aftermarket vitesse throttle controller.

I’ve replaced all spark plugs with AC Delco Iridium tips and replaced all of the ignition coils with ENA coils I’ve also pulled out and cleaned the bank 1 PCV valve cleaned the MAF sensor, and cleaned the throttle body and intake. The misfiring happens sometimes on the highway and when accelerating quickly, the RPMs do not have to rise I can feel the engine lacking power as if it does not want to give gas with my throttle response and if I push the throttle more it will then misfire. The car had a fuel injection flush/service at 99,300 miles. Looking at the freezeframe data from my OBD II for CEL code P0300 I have as follows

DTCFRZF P0300
Fuelsys1 CL
Fuelsys2 CL
Load_PCT(%) 27.5
ETC(F) 203
SHRTFT1(%) -6.3
LONGFT1(%) -8.6
SHRTFT2(%) 4.7
LONGFT2(%) 10.2
RPM(/min) 2007
VSS(mph) 85
SPARKADV(*) 39
IAT(F) 106
MAF(lb/min) 1.571
TP(%) 29.8
RUNTM(sec) 456
FRP(PSI) 1266.2
EVAP_PCT(%) 13.7
FLI(%) 91.8
BARO(inHg) 28.9
VPWR(V) 14.583
LOAD_ABS(%) 26.7
EQ_RAT 0.999
TP_R(%) 16.1
AAT(F) 97
TP_B(%) 30.6
APP_D(%) 27.1
APP_E(%) 27.1
TAC_PCT(%) 22.7

I hope to god it’s not clogged fuel injectors because I can wrench it myself but that job is an absolute pain as I see where they are located, this problem has started ticking me off as it’s one that I haven’t been able to easily solve. Can anyone give me their wisdom on this, I’m still learning the ins and outs of cars and can’t read a freeze frame fully yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
vandrewv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 02:41 AM   #2
'10CamaroDude
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Mine was VVT Solenoids.
'10CamaroDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 11:57 AM   #3
vandrewv
vandrewv

Quote:
Originally Posted by '10CamaroDude View Post
Mine was VVT Solenoids.

vvt solenoids I hadn’t thought about that Was your symptoms the same as mine? I can also rev the engine to 4k with no problems what so ever, so i don’t think it’s fuel related but to be sure I threw a fuel additive to de gunk the injectors and lube the system but no improvement. I’m super close to taking it to Chevy at this point so I’ll take any advice there is to make sure I’m not gonna get bent over of repair costs. But yeah did you have same symptoms and no other codes but the ransom misfiring ones?
Old 09-08-2020, 04:04 PM   #4
vandrewv
vandrewv

FIXED: If anyone else is having these problems and stumbled across my topic here on the forums, I did take it to dealership, the tech deduced the car had a faulty ECM which was causing random misfiring and timing issues, luckily for me it is not a timing chain problem as I had no codes for crankshaft position sensor or any VVT solenoid codes. The tech also discovered my oil pressure sensor was telling the ECM that my idle oil pressure was 127 PSI, the tech deduced that this faulty sensor somehow ruined my ECM and both were replaced after all diagnostics were done as-well as GM having been consulted. The total cost for the sensor, ECM, and Labor was $1491. I know I could’ve done this job for less than $400 but I was honestly tired of scratching my head on this car and happily coughed up the extra grand in part mark ups and labor for someone else to make it their problem. The car runs amazing now like it should my exhaust pitch has changed as well as the exhaust note. Everything sounds a lot more crisp and timed close together as it should be.
Old 09-09-2020, 05:16 AM   #5
fhrex

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS
Glad you got it fixed. Faulty ECMs can cause some weird stuff (obviously)

Tags
2011, camaro, dtc, hellllp, misfire