Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-25-2017, 01:13 PM   #1
gtpvette

Drives: 2016 C7
What are these engine parts????

I'm looking at using a 2015 LFX in a swap. The motor I'm looking at is missing a few parts and I dont know what they are. Any help??

One the right I'm assuming Power Steering Fluid Reservoir ,,, the cylinder on the left I have no clue. Any ideas???
Attached Images

gtpvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 01:42 PM   #2
Jazzzed

Drives: 2015 Camaro LT
You are correct. The one on the right it the power steering reservoir. The item on the left has to do with the brake system. I believe it is a vacuum pump.
Jazzzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 01:50 PM   #3
gtpvette

Drives: 2016 C7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzzed View Post
You are correct. The one on the right it the power steering reservoir. The item on the left has to do with the brake system. I believe it is a vacuum pump.
You sir are a gentleman and a scholar!!

20804130 20804130 / Auxiliary Pump

gtpvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 05:03 AM   #4
alice

Drives: 2010 camaro limited edition turbo
Yes, it is a vacuum pump and it is used to apply vacuum to the brakes booster during a cold start, only, while the cams are in overlap. This function is used to create a very hot exhaust gas temperature to help heat up the O2 sensors faster. During this short cam overlap time, there is very little vacuum on the brake booster and if one would suddenly need to apply the brakes, there would not be enough vacuum for safe braking. Once the computer commands cam overlap to return to normal, the vacuum pump is de energized. It never comes on until another cold start. That is all it does and does not run at any other time.
alice is offline   Reply With Quote