Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Members Classifieds > Autos For Sale / Wanted

Phastek Performance

Old 06-26-2017, 06:57 PM   #1
urr2slo

Drives: 2010 2ss ss/rs abm, 2016 2ss/rs hbm
FS: 2016 Camaro 2SS - Custom Build

I purchased this car new with the sole intention of being one of the first to modify a new 6th Gen. As a shop owner we worked with several major Performance manufactures to prototype, develop and test parts for the 6th Gen platform. All parts on this car are current production pieces.
Purchased on 12/15 we have gone through all the major components of this car to ensure it could easily outperform the new ZL1.

Factory Options: current sticker price $46045.00
Magnetic Ride
Ceramic white interior
MyLink with Navigation
Cargo Net

J&R Performance Center powertrain upgrades:
Magnuson Supercharger TVS2300 HeartBeat - Custom painted S/C Lid
J&R GripTec pulley (8.5 lbs of boost)
J&R Custom Cam Grind
J&R mild head porting
BTR Platinum Spring Kit
BTR/Comp cam Cam Phazer
C5R timing chain
BTR chrome moly pushrods
Katech racing valley cover/full DOD delete
GM Performance parts lifters
GM Performance parts LT4 S/C Head gaskets
GM Performance head bolts
Kooks long tube headers with Green cats
Hurst S/S exhaust
CenterForce Twin disc clutch
Hurst short throw shifter
Taylor 10.4 ThunderVolt ignition wires
160 degree thermostat
ZL1 low side fuel pump with J&R CCM custom programming
Rotora Big brake kit - 8 piston front, 4 piston rear
Hotchkis 1" sport springs
Hotchkis adjustable front and rear sway bars
RotoFab Cold Air Intake with dry filter and sound tube delete.

J&R Performance Center interior/exterior upgrades:
Custom PPG paint, original Hyper Blue with custom mixed Metallic white stripe (has blue pearl in it) and red hand striped pinstripe. Paint is buried under 7 coats of PPG show clear. No lines can be felt.

Clear Bra protection - protecting the entire front end (entire hood and fenders), A-pillars and front of roof, mirrors and quarter panels.

GM front and rear 1LE spoilers - new GM 1LE trunk lid
Aero Sport Concepts full Aero body kit, front splitter with support rods, side skirts, rear skirts and strakes, and wicker bill.
MRR Flow forged FS01 custom finished wheels. 20x10, 20x11.
GoodYear F3 tires - 285/30r20 and 305/30r20 (ZL1 tires)
Painted coil covers, filler panels under the hood and trunk.
Gen5DIY eyebrow harness
Gen5DIY LED back up light conversion
Gen5DIY HMI with front camera (works through MyLink)
AeroForce twin gauge pod
AeroForce interceptor gauge
AEM wideband gauge
Tinted windows by Real Cool window tinting
J&R tinted tail lamps, side markers, reflectors and 3rd brake lamp.

Currently with 7500 miles, we are ready to move on with our next project.

All maintainence has been performed, including 5 oil changes, 1 transmission service and 2 diff services. Oil has been changed before each track event or after any internal engine upgrade. Only Mobil 1 oil has been used in the engine. Currently making 681 rwhp, it has been autocrossed , Drag raced and has done 2 road course track days at Autoclub Speedway (Roval). We have countless hours sorting this car out to be a top performer that can be daily driven and runs on 91 pump gas with no additional fuel dependent upgrades needed. Currently this car has run a best of 10.58 in the quarter mile and 1:51 laps on the Roval (5 seconds faster than a new ZL1 on the same day).
This car can outperform a new ZL1 in power and braking and can handle better. The Rotora 8 piston brakes do and amazing job of slowing this car down from high speeds, combined with the Magnetic ride and Hotchkis suspension this Camaro is an amazing handling car with a very comfortable ride.

If you total the list of parts up and add the custom paint work you will see almost $50k in just parts and materials, not including the countless hours of labor we have put into this build. Asking price is based on current KBB value and 50% of the upgrades. You cant buy a new 2SS with these factory options and build it like this for under $115k. we are currently selling it for $64,000.00 or best offer.

Serious buyers only please, no test drives without proof of funds.

Please no negative comments as to the asking price, anyone who knows the expense of modifying these cars will see the value. There is a lot more to this car than just a supercharger, read carefully.
Attached Images

Old 06-26-2017, 11:49 PM   #2
tellmee

Drives: Bright Yellow Camaro 2SS 1LE 2018
I see that it has more mods than just Supercharger and it is sexy but still at 64k, people would rather go with the ZL1 at 65k brand new. Full factory built + Full Factory Warranty + Factory ZL1 Resale compared to a "Heavily Modified 2SS", I don't see many people going with this rather than a real ZL1 for 1 grand more.
tellmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 08:52 AM   #3
FrostySS

Drives: 2018 Redline Edition 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by urr2slo View Post
Please no negative comments as to the asking price, anyone who knows the expense of modifying these cars will see the value. There is a lot more to this car than just a supercharger, read carefully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellmee View Post
I see that it has more mods than just Supercharger and it is sexy but still at 64k, people would rather go with the ZL1 at 65k brand new. Full factory built + Full Factory Warranty + Factory ZL1 Resale compared to a "Heavily Modified 2SS", I don't see many people going with this rather than a real ZL1 for 1 grand more.
Great first post bud....
2018 Redline Edition 2SS- A8, NPP, MRC, Recaro seats, ECS Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, cat deletes, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts Drake Muscle Car wicker bill, Adams Polishes Ceramic Coating

2010 Infiniti G37x Sedan for the DD.
FrostySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 09:25 AM   #4
red_johnny

Drives: 2016 Gray 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostySS View Post
Great first post bud....

To the OP, great build. GLWS
red_johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 10:08 AM   #5
SoCalThug

Drives: 2012 Summit White 1Ls
Quote:
Great first post bud....
i was thinking the same thing lol. just totally ruined this guys for sale thread. and he even asked nicely for people not to chime in about saying that
SoCalThug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 12:31 PM   #6
4SFED6.0

Drives: 1991 Camaro
I have a feeling it was an existing member that was too much of a bitch to say it under his current username so he made up a new one quick to do some trolling.
4SFED6.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 01:08 PM   #7
2K16SummitSS
Resident Land Surveyor

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS - Summit White M6
Quote:
Man get "Audi" here with that talk
2001 NBM Trans Am WS6, Wifey's Grocery Getter - Torquer V2 cam, Racetronix Fuel Pump, Yank 3000 Stall, Transgo 1-2 kit, TSP LTs, Magnaflow, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTIIs, Ed Wright tuned
2K16SummitSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 07:17 AM   #8
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
LMAO...I'm having a very hard time giving this guy the benefit of the doubt, but hopefully that S3 is his winter/DD and he's looking for a real sports car.

This car isn't for people that even think like him. If "warranty" even pops into your brain, just move on. Cars like this are in whole other league than a stock ZL1. Your only concern if you're going to measure this against a ZL1 is what your plans are for modding the ZL1, in which case there will be no warranty anyway.

There's a lot of interesting stuff on this car and wish there was something like this to see near me. I'd love to feel that twin disc clutch and the difference between my 6 pistons and those brakes.
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 07:22 AM   #9
FrostySS

Drives: 2018 Redline Edition 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesBaer View Post
LMAO...I'm having a very hard time giving this guy the benefit of the doubt, but hopefully that S3 is his winter/DD and he's looking for a real sports car.
Oh c'mon man, you know that awesome 300hp BEAST for more than a Camaro is better than what we drive....plus factor in that awesome(sarcastic) Audi engineering...we should make him moderator and leader. We should bow to him as a car God.
2018 Redline Edition 2SS- A8, NPP, MRC, Recaro seats, ECS Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, cat deletes, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts Drake Muscle Car wicker bill, Adams Polishes Ceramic Coating

2010 Infiniti G37x Sedan for the DD.
FrostySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 07:36 AM   #10
LesBaer
FMPG

Quote:
Oh c'mon man, you know that awesome 300hp BEAST for more than a Camaro is better than what we drive....plus factor in that awesome(sarcastic) Audi engineering...we should make him moderator and leader. We should bow to him as a car God.
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

Old 06-28-2017, 04:12 PM   #11
tellmee

Drives: Bright Yellow Camaro 2SS 1LE 2018
Sorry for bombing the thread... Maybe I should have done more research. And yes I have the audi as daily and looking into Camaro as my Fun/Track car. I came from E92 M3...
tellmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 07:16 AM   #12
LesBaer
FMPG

Quote:
Sorry for bombing the thread... Maybe I should have done more research. And yes I have the audi as daily and looking into Camaro as my Fun/Track car. I came from E92 M3...
It's all good man. I had '04 S4 years ago and loved it until I understood cars better.

Getting back to this car. I would check it out in person if you know what to look for, even if you put some of it back to stock. You're saving a lot of $ on mods, weight vs. a ZL1 and the mechanical LMS is better for the street than an ELSD anyway. The Maggie is 100x's better than the LT4 blower if you're planning to push it beyond stock boost levels. I'm a little surprised with everything they've done, they didn't coat their headers to help keep the heat in.

Old 06-29-2017, 06:07 PM   #13
urr2slo

Drives: 2010 2ss ss/rs abm, 2016 2ss/rs hbm
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesBaer View Post
It's all good man. I had '04 S4 years ago and loved it until I understood cars better.

Getting back to this car. I would check it out in person if you know what to look for, even if you put some of it back to stock. You're saving a lot of $ on mods, weight vs. a ZL1 and the mechanical LMS is better for the street than an ELSD anyway. The Maggie is 100x's better than the LT4 blower if you're planning to push it beyond stock boost levels. I'm a little surprised with everything they've done, they didn't coat their headers to help keep the heat in.
There are a lot of advantages on my car over the ZL1 as you mentioned. The brakes being one of them, we have tested it against a new ZL1 A10 and from 125 to 0 it consistently stops 2 car lengths shorter and that gap only gets larger as the speeds increase.
To answer to your comment on coating the headers, these were one of the first sets Kooks made and we needed to give them feedback on the installation and fitment. The same can be said with a lot of components we helped prototype and fit with several manufactures.
From the day I took delivery of it until I posted it for sale it has been test fit, test and tune and dyno or track testing. I have only put about 1500 miles of personal use daily driver miles on it, all the rest are testing miles. This car is extremely well sorted out and very easy to drive at the limits and still returns around 24 mpg, not that fuel economy is important to me. Its an impressive car that's a lot of fun to drive. The longer it takes me to sell it, the more time I have to enjoy it.
Like you said this car is not for everyone, It has show quality Paint and Amazing Performance, I hope the future owner will be a car guy who can properly care for it. Whoever ends up with it will be getting a lot for their money.