Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 05-16-2017, 05:41 AM   #15
brettman

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80sMetalDude View Post
Thanks for the help I'm so frustrated. At this point I wish the process was indeed sending in the ECM for a flash.

Following instructions I get the info save it... then when I try the read process it gets 1/2 way then bitches about can't read credentials from HP Tuners and aborts.

I know I need to be on the internet and am. Did speedtests etc and used three different sources to get an internet connection...my friends house, my house, my droid as a hotspot all worked.

I contact HP Tuners and I get the typical script "Make sure you are attached to the internet"...

Installed VCM Suite 3.5 beta as support suggested. No help there only error message is reworded...

I'm so pissed and frustrated. Real support would ask things like what OS, is your firewall disabled?, etc...

If this comes down to a Windows 10 laptop thing that is gonna piss me off more....

Dead in the water with a car ready to drive....

I have a feeling I'm going to end up having to flatbed the car to a perf shop.... what does something like that cost? Dyno/tune/flash?
Why flatbed it? http://www.ebay.com/itm/252813143783...&ul_noapp=true. then install stock MAP.
2016 Camaro 1SS, Red Hot, K&N Blackhawk intake, Whipple Supercharger, 3.125 pulley, Kooks 2" long tube headers, High flow cats, secondary cats delete, Mishimoto catch can, P3gauge, Lots of dress-up crap that don't make it go any faster.

Car Journal http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=490975

SC build http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=492656

Drive, Ride, Fly It Like You Stole It

GO BIG OR GO HOME
brettman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 10:40 AM   #16
80sMetalDude

Drives: .
Brett WTF is that for? I'm a noob. I just want to flash the ECM... not sure what your referencing there... I dont think I need that or do i? Splain yourself.

I'm starting to accept that I'm probably screwed and will never get this working without taking it to a tuner shop... hence flatbed reference... Driving it like it is I do not think is recommended at all...
80sMetalDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 11:03 AM   #17
urr2slo

Drives: 2010 2ss ss/rs abm, 2016 2ss/rs hbm
2017 tuning can be a bit frustrating.

1. Make sure you have the latest Beta from HPT.
2. Try to read the file (make sure you have a very good internet connection)
- If it does not read (error message is displayed), keep the computer connected
to the internet and try again in 30 minutes.
- If it does not work again, wait another 30 minutes.
- If it fails this time, click the VCM info button in the Editor. Then Gather VCM info
and save that file. Then send that info support@hptuners and tell them what's
going on. They should figure it out from there.
Old 05-16-2017, 11:36 AM   #18
80sMetalDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by urr2slo View Post
2017 tuning can be a bit frustrating.

1. Make sure you have the latest Beta from HPT.
2. Try to read the file (make sure you have a very good internet connection)
- If it does not read (error message is displayed), keep the computer connected
to the internet and try again in 30 minutes.
- If it does not work again, wait another 30 minutes.
- If it fails this time, click the VCM info button in the Editor. Then Gather VCM info
and save that file. Then send that info support@hptuners and tell them what's
going on. They should figure it out from there.
Here is my thread I posted on HPT.

Thanks a bunch for response it will help me a lot when I try tonight. Friend coming with a diff laptop too in case its that. According to the new info on the below thread it sounds like this 30minute thing is because of the encryption algorithm being used on the cars... I see.

https://www.hptuners.com/forum/showt...(Camaro-17-1LE)
Old 05-16-2017, 12:23 PM   #19
brettman

Quote:
Brett WTF is that for? I'm a noob. I just want to flash the ECM... not sure what your referencing there... I dont think I need that or do i? Splain yourself.

I'm starting to accept that I'm probably screwed and will never get this working without taking it to a tuner shop... hence flatbed reference... Driving it like it is I do not think is recommended at all...
That cable is to plug into the OEM MAP sensor (located on your old plastic intake) remove and install in SC casting
Pull cap (plate) located front, driver side on SC casting (in front of water crossover) install OEM MAP, plug wire (link I sent) into it) Unplug CTS MAP sensor (on back of SC casting) at main harness. Plug (link) extension wire into main harness. Drive to get headers, drive to dyno/tune. OR keep fighting the HP tuner, your call brother.
I'm firing mine up tomorrow, with OEM MAP sensor plugged in. Will plug in CTS MAP sensor went I get to Shop for Dyno/tune.
2016 Camaro 1SS, Red Hot, K&N Blackhawk intake, Whipple Supercharger, 3.125 pulley, Kooks 2" long tube headers, High flow cats, secondary cats delete, Mishimoto catch can, P3gauge, Lots of dress-up crap that don't make it go any faster.

GO BIG OR GO HOME
Old 05-16-2017, 12:49 PM   #20
80sMetalDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettman View Post
That cable is to plug into the OEM MAP sensor (located on your old plastic intake) remove and install in SC casting
Pull cap (plate) located front, driver side on SC casting (in front of water crossover) install OEM MAP, plug wire (link I sent) into it) Unplug CTS MAP sensor (on back of SC casting) at main harness. Plug (link) extension wire into main harness. Drive to get headers, drive to dyno/tune. OR keep fighting the HP tuner, your call brother.
I'm firing mine up tomorrow, with OEM MAP sensor plugged in. Will plug in CTS MAP sensor went I get to Shop for Dyno/tune.
Here is how my brain interprets what you just said:

EOM VAP sonsel (recaxatow en yeep erd praxachic dinkaxako) lomevo pi dinchaxarr din SC caxachick
Purr caxap (praxato) recaxatow blenk, wrivol sido en SC caxachick (din blenk eb waxatol clessevol) dinchaxarr EOM VAP, prug wilo (rint Pum sonk) dinke dit) Unprug CTS VAP sonsel (en faxang eb SC caxachick) axat vaxain whaxalnopt. Prug (rint) oxtonsien wilo dinke vaxain whaxalnopt. Wrivo te kot whoaxadols, wrivo te dyne/tuno. EL gour biddick zo WhP tunol, yeep caxarr flethol.
Pum'v bilick vino an temelled, um EOM VAP sonsel pruggow din. Wirr prug din CTS VAP sonsel wonk Pum kot te Skep bel Dyne/tuno.

MATTER OF FACT so do the Whipple instructions!!!
Old 05-16-2017, 01:53 PM   #21
brettman

Quote:
Here is how my brain interprets what you just said:

EOM VAP sonsel (recaxatow en yeep erd praxachic dinkaxako) lomevo pi dinchaxarr din SC caxachick
Purr caxap (praxato) recaxatow blenk, wrivol sido en SC caxachick (din blenk eb waxatol clessevol) dinchaxarr EOM VAP, prug wilo (rint Pum sonk) dinke dit) Unprug CTS VAP sonsel (en faxang eb SC caxachick) axat vaxain whaxalnopt. Prug (rint) oxtonsien wilo dinke vaxain whaxalnopt. Wrivo te kot whoaxadols, wrivo te dyne/tuno. EL gour biddick zo WhP tunol, yeep caxarr flethol.
Pum'v bilick vino an temelled, um EOM VAP sonsel pruggow din. Wirr prug din CTS VAP sonsel wonk Pum kot te Skep bel Dyne/tuno.

MATTER OF FACT so do the Whipple instructions!!!
LOL, What language is that? It looks like it really means something.
Short story, with the 24" wire extension you can run your original sensor to drive it. It with throw codes, but not hurt anything. I have no idea how long it will take to straighten out the HPtuner. Mine (computer) won't work, unless I upgraded it. Screw it, shop is down the road. So I sold it.

GO BIG OR GO HOME
Old 05-16-2017, 05:25 PM   #22
80sMetalDude

It was a babble generator.

Anyhow I got it to work! Today its working yesterday no... I think the app finally got unlocked.
Old 05-16-2017, 07:51 PM   #23
brettman

Great, you got handle on it? So you can drive it? But not a custom tune.
Keep us posted please.

GO BIG OR GO HOME
Old 05-18-2017, 06:00 AM   #24
80sMetalDude

Whipple accepted my HPT file all set just waiting for calibrated file to flash her.