Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 01-01-2021, 02:21 PM   #43
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
OK then, how many changed their minds and now want to buy a Dodge? If the ad works so well someone should be putting their Camaro up for sale.

Don't get me wrong a cool commercial would be really awesome to see.

But when you have to claim GM is stupid, with no basis other than Stalantis is advertising their performance cars and no other data what so ever, that is frankly just wrong. They are not stupid. They have more data on the customer base and potential customer base than you or will ever see. That is why they aren't advertising the car with TV commercials.

As I've tried so many time to point out, they designed the car for a very specific customer and made compromises to the design to achieve that. All the TV commercials in the world don't overcome those.

So you can all go on and wish and want for an awesome commercial of the Camaro. But stop calling people you don't know, and don't know what they do stupid. They aren't.

To be very clear Mark Reuss, President of GM, is a HUGE car guy and one of the best in the business. One of the top leaders in the industry IMO. You are basically calling Mark stupid when you post this. His crashing a Corvette pace car in Detroit not with standing, LOL.

IF a TV commercial would profitably increase Camaro sales, they would have done it.

And again, reminding you all that Mustang also does not advertise. It's only Stalantis in this segment.
As much as I don't want to call people I don't know stupid, try explaining the "Real People, not Actors" ads to me.

If it's a one-off thing and they made only 2 or 3 of them, then okay, everyone makes mistakes, sure. They made a load of them and none of them are good.

Even if those ads increased sales, they probably did quite a bit of damage to the brand image for your average consumer. Not a smart move, to say the least. Killing the goose that laid the golden eggs at best(assuming these ads did work).

If it's not for Camaro or Corvette, I probably would also not buy a Chevy because of these ads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
You don't get it. The ad is for people who want performance but want to be nudged into it. They may have been sitting on the fence to buy or have secretly been intrigued for years. Ads like this just keeps them licking their chops. Its not about trading in your camaro or mustang for one. But if someone wrecked their current car it may get them into their showroom. Its called casting a net. Ads like this cost almost nothing to make in the scheme of business. You do the video and put it on Youtube. We are not talking major TV network 60 sec ads. Anyone familiar quality videography could make this ad for little or nothing. All you need is the cars, the actors and some video imagination. Shoot and post it to Youtube and other video sites, post it on Chevy's own Website for godsake.
Speaking of which, we do have targeted advertisements nowadays, you could target these ads more effectively to people looking to purchase a sports car through their search history or whatever.

Sent from toaster or something

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)

Last edited by UnknownJinX; 01-01-2021 at 02:31 PM.
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 02:25 PM   #44

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
The Dodge ad just needed one more component..."Please be 18..."

Name:  CarlyBobby.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  29.2 KB
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 03:51 PM   #45
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Agree....god forbid anything happens to my camaro, but if it did I would look at the Challenger. Though would still again look at the Camaro. But Camaro has done little to increase the excitement because the grills and tail lamps don't look as good as my 17'. Chevy needs drastic help in marketing all of their products. They need a top down revamp.
Bump the ZL1 to the LT5 & unlock the TCM for ‘22 & I’d buy a new one, with employee pricing of course.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 04:14 PM   #46
Deputy Dog
Banned

Drives: 2017 Super Sport Cam.
Quote:
This is an independent video that someone made...but this is what got me into buying my 5th Gen Camaro. I was always interested in it but this put me over the top. I must have looked at this 30 times straight on YT....So yeh...ads do work.

Truly a Bad ass video. I bet this guy didn't get a dime from Chevy but probably helped sell hundreds.
Deputy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 12:50 AM   #47
Deputy Dog
Banned

Drives: 2017 Super Sport Cam.
Quote:
This is why Dodge Sells cars and Mary Barra is still sitting on the pot.

Barra is just a figure head. She is not about customer, her job is simply to please the stock holders. As long as the stock is stable or goes up is all she is concerned about.
Deputy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 08:03 AM   #48
digitalfutur

Drives: 2018 Camaro RS 3.6 A8
LOL. GM sells more vehicles in America than Ford or FCA, and makes more money than either.

Ya can't please stockholders if product ain't sellin'.
digitalfutur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 10:05 AM   #49
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy Dog View Post
Barra is just a figure head. She is not about customer, her job is simply to please the stock holders. As long as the stock is stable or goes up is all she is concerned about.
Bold statement, and I'm sure have an article or something to quote she is "just a figurehead".

You cannot be even and adequate CEO and please stock holders unless you have a team that understands the customer, the market and competition. You have to have a plan for today and a plan to grow the business (not just volume) in the future.

You are thinking of a CEO that is like Elon Musk who is involved in every decision, every day. That's isn't how it works in the real world. He is an outlier. So was Steven Jobs. Tim Cook is not Steven Jobs and Apple is even more successful.

Mark Reuss, President of GM, is more involved in product decisions than Mary is and he is one of the best product people in this industry. You can bank that. We had a Gen5 Z28 pretty much because of Mark Reuss.

Yes, the CEOs job is keeping the Board of Directors happy and yes that includes stock price among other things. And you can't do that without selling product and you can't sell product unless it's good product.

Honestly not really sure where you are coming from regarding Mary. Seems like a lot of hate there for not much reason.
Old 01-02-2021, 10:48 AM   #50
craigss50

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Fifty
That Ad makes me want a Dodge Scat Pack Challenger and I know I already have the better car. Now that is smart advertising.
craigss50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 10:53 AM   #51
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalfutur View Post
LOL. GM sells more vehicles in America than Ford or FCA, and makes more money than either.

FCS is showing the highest margins though.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 11:36 AM   #52
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
As much as I don't want to call people I don't know stupid, try explaining the "Real People, not Actors" ads to me.

If it's a one-off thing and they made only 2 or 3 of them, then okay, everyone makes mistakes, sure. They made a load of them and none of them are good.

Even if those ads increased sales, they probably did quite a bit of damage to the brand image for your average consumer. Not a smart move, to say the least. Killing the goose that laid the golden eggs at best(assuming these ads did work).

If it's not for Camaro or Corvette, I probably would also not buy a Chevy because of these ads.

Speaking of which, we do have targeted advertisements nowadays, you could target these ads more effectively to people looking to purchase a sports car through their search history or whatever.

This post reminded me of this.

gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 12:14 PM   #53
UnknownJinX

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalfutur View Post

GM's sale was also leading when they went bankrupt and bailed out 10 years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
This post reminded me of this.

Yeah, I have mentioned Zebra Corner in my earlier reply. Really the only thing those ads are good for. RIP Chevy brand image.

Past:

Last edited by UnknownJinX; 01-02-2021 at 03:41 PM.
Old 01-02-2021, 12:17 PM   #54
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaska View Post
All Chevy has to do is throw the LT4 into everything and they’ll have a winner.
How about an LT4 Blazer? Would that be possible?
Old 01-02-2021, 12:59 PM   #55
UnknownJinX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
How about an LT4 Blazer? Would that be possible?
If the LT4 can be mounted transversely, I guess, but I think it will do better with a longitudinal AWD as you could just pop it in RWD only for some fun.

Past:
Old 01-02-2021, 03:20 PM   #56
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Bold statement, and I'm sure have an article or something to quote she is "just a figurehead".

You cannot be even and adequate CEO and please stock holders unless you have a team that understands the customer, the market and competition. You have to have a plan for today and a plan to grow the business (not just volume) in the future.

You are thinking of a CEO that is like Elon Musk who is involved in every decision, every day. That's isn't how it works in the real world. He is an outlier. So was Steven Jobs. Tim Cook is not Steven Jobs and Apple is even more successful.

Mark Reuss, President of GM, is more involved in product decisions than Mary is and he is one of the best product people in this industry. You can bank that. We had a Gen5 Z28 pretty much because of Mark Reuss.

Yes, the CEOs job is keeping the Board of Directors happy and yes that includes stock price among other things. And you can't do that without selling product and you can't sell product unless it's good product.

Honestly not really sure where you are coming from regarding Mary. Seems like a lot of hate there for not much reason.
Well, I was going to disagree with you, but I decided to do some research instead of just running my mouth, and it turns out you made a salient point about sales. Apparently, GM are doing very well compared to Ford, FCA or even Toyota.

Never in a million years would I have guessed that the Trax is a market leader in the US with a significant margin, and is actually pulling away from Honda SUVs.

I must admit to being drawn away from reality by observing how bland, near identical and uninspiring these cars and SUVs have become. My definition of a "good product" vastly differs from what a Trax is, but my opinion apparently does not represent the majority, and I suspect there are many of us here that could state the same

Anyway, GM does not seem to have a sales problem, whether or not on account of these cringeworthy 'real people' commercials, and I have learned something today, too, thanks to your post.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote