Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 05-28-2010, 08:36 AM   #15
Treefrog
U235 is fun!

Drives: CGM 2SS/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinyvehc View Post
Hi Steve, Is it possible to use a 5 channel amp with your plug and play cables and replace the existing BA amp to power the factory speakers and also power a sub. Or would you recommend using 2 separate amps for components and sub? Do you offer any kits for this. Also wondering is there a way to control sub volume seperate from bass control on the HU

If i were to do this would there be a benefit or improvement to how well the factory component speakers would perform with a better amp. has anyone else tried this and got any input?

I was looking at the Jl audio stealth boxes before i saw your posting on here. was thinking of the 12W6V2 setup that installs on the driver side simlar to yours. Is there enough volume in those boxes for a 12" tho or better to go with a 10" How would you say your boxes would compare with the JL stealth setup.

I would be biased to using yours as I prefer a package that puts eveything in one box with instructions and a bunch of good referals like everyone seems to be giving you on here
********'s box is top notch.. You won't be dissapointed..
Treefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 08:44 AM   #16
Moriartii

Drives: 11 IOM 2SS/RS M6 w/Hurst
I second that ********s box is top notch!!! AND more importantly less expensive. Quality with money left in my wallet, you cannot beat that.
K
Moriartii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 05:22 PM   #17
RandyB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSPower View Post
Thank you!
RandyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 06:08 PM   #18
SSTony

Drives: SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to SSTony
any word if this harness works on a non BA system?
Old 06-01-2010, 06:38 PM   #19
Steve@Subthump
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS IOM Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTony View Post
any word if this harness works on a non BA system?
it does not, sorry. I was checking this out last week on a member's radio. The radio itself has a very large multi-pin connector in back. It is much larger and has a lot more pins than our amp connector. This is not to say it can't be done because I think it could. But would be really expensive because of all the required wires and the connectors required. I'll try to take some pics this week if I get a chance.
Steve@Subthump is offline   Reply With Quote