Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-08-2018, 11:30 AM   #43
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyl3r View Post
I never received that, although I was told they would order one for me at the time of purchase. Any advice on how to quickly access this?
They didn't give you the window sticker? That right there throws up a huge red flag and that your dealer is fishy. Was this bought site unseen or something?
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 03:52 PM   #44
Tyl3r

Drives: Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
They didn't give you the window sticker? That right there throws up a huge red flag and that your dealer is fishy. Was this bought site unseen or something?
Correct, the car was in their showroom for a year. The car had 30 miles on it. I didn’t care about the window sticker. I saw the car; it had the features I wanted. I didn’t need the sticker, or so I thought.
Tyl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 03:54 PM   #45
Tyl3r

This seemed sufficient.
Attached Images

Old 09-08-2018, 04:58 PM   #46
50MileSmile

Drives: 2023 2SS, 2018 1SS 1LE, 1993 Z/28
Quote:
I never received that, although I was told they would order one for me at the time of purchase. Any advice on how to quickly access this?
Ask the GM folks when you order the FREE build sheet (hint, hint): socialmedia@gm.com. Or try the Chevy Customer Service number in the Owner's Manual. You can also look for a VIN analyzer site like researchmaniacs.com on Google; if you find one that works with Chevrolet products, it should list all the features and options for your car.

Quote:
Agree with this comment. I purchased the car off the lot. However, I doubt GM would be happy with a dealer using questionable rebates to collect full MSRP on a 2017 vehicle in 2018 just to further make more by keeping the original wheels.
Don't waste your time going down this route. The dealer is an independent business person, and once the dealer takes delivery of the car and pays GM for the car, GM is out of any future transactions. The operative phrase, unfortunately, is "Let the Buyer Beware."

Quote:
Correct, the car was in their showroom for a year. The car had 30 miles on it. I didn’t care about the window sticker. I saw the car; it had the features I wanted. I didn’t need the sticker, or so I thought.
This deal is getting weirder with every post. No factory Monroney sticker on a new car??? Did you purchase it as a used car? Some dealers will convert a new car to a used car after a year so they can depreciate the value of the car on their books and maintain as much "profit" as possible.

Quote:
This seemed sufficient.
The 2017 Camaro Configurator is still active on Chevrolet.com. I just built your car, using the specs you listed here, and the full sticker (with destination charge) came to $40,785. Does that sound right? Also, it does not list the redline wheels as a dealer-installed option; they simply replaced the standard silver-painted 18-inch wheels when the car was built, so the car should have been delivered with the redline wheels. Even if the car was delivered with the silver wheels and the dealer swapped them, he gets the original OEM wheels with absolutely no duty to even talk with the buyer about them. So, it goes back to what we've been saying for pages: You need to get a copy of the original window sticker or the build sheet to determine whether or not your car was built with the Option SHL wheels.

Either way, I believe you are only entitled to the wheels that were on the car when it was delivered to you - unless you have specific paperwork that says you are to receive the other wheels too, as part of the deal (if the car was built with them).
50MileSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 06:03 PM   #47
Tyl3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50MileSmile View Post
Ask the GM folks when you order the FREE build sheet (hint, hint): socialmedia@gm.com. Or try the Chevy Customer Service number in the Owner's Manual. You can also look for a VIN analyzer site like researchmaniacs.com on Google; if you find one that works with Chevrolet products, it should list all the features and options for your car.

Don't waste your time going down this route. The dealer is an independent business person, and once the dealer takes delivery of the car and pays GM for the car, GM is out of any future transactions. The operative phrase, unfortunately, is "Let the Buyer Beware."

This deal is getting weirder with every post. No factory Monroney sticker on a new car??? Did you purchase it as a used car? Some dealers will convert a new car to a used car after a year so they can depreciate the value of the car on their books and maintain as much "profit" as possible.

The 2017 Camaro Configurator is still active on Chevrolet.com. I just built your car, using the specs you listed here, and the full sticker (with destination charge) came to $40,785. Does that sound right? Also, it does not list the redline wheels as a dealer-installed option; they simply replaced the standard silver-painted 18-inch wheels when the car was built, so the car should have been delivered with the redline wheels. Even if the car was delivered with the silver wheels and the dealer swapped them, he gets the original OEM wheels with absolutely no duty to even talk with the buyer about them. So, it goes back to what we've been saying for pages: You need to get a copy of the original window sticker or the build sheet to determine whether or not your car was built with the Option SHL wheels.

Either way, I believe you are only entitled to the wheels that were on the car when it was delivered to you - unless you have specific paperwork that says you are to receive the other wheels too, as part of the deal (if the car was built with them).

Thanks for the advice. I requested a build sheet at the email address you sent

I suspect the factory sticker went missing because the car was on the showcase floor. I verified the car was sold as new.

The $40,785 MSRP is correct. I paid less.

I hope to obtain the build sheet soon. Even if the car was built with them, I do not know what legal protection I have, if any.
Old 09-08-2018, 07:00 PM   #48
dpevans

Drives: 2024 Riverside Blue 2SS 1LE
I have heard several variations. If you purchase special rims with a package or order your car with LPO code rims and tires you do not get to keep the standard rims and tires. If you order rims and tires through Chevrolet performance you can have them shipped to the dealer and they will install them and you can keep the OEM standard wheels and tires. If you look at any option it always includes the language of replacing or upgrading the original OEM parts somewhere in fine print. Think of it this way, you purchase Recaro seats you don't get to keep the originals.
dpevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 08:01 PM   #49
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpevans View Post
I have heard several variations. If you purchase special rims with a package or order your car with LPO code rims and tires you do not get to keep the standard rims and tires. If you order rims and tires through Chevrolet performance you can have them shipped to the dealer and they will install them and you can keep the OEM standard wheels and tires. If you look at any option it always includes the language of replacing or upgrading the original OEM parts somewhere in fine print. Think of it this way, you purchase Recaro seats you don't get to keep the originals.
By purchae Recaro seats you mean option the car from the factory with the Recaro seats then yes you are right as the car only ships with 1 set of seats.

But when you option the dealer installed wheels those are shipped as an additional set with the car in addition to the OEM wheels that come on the car with its package. In that case you get both sets.

The Corvette has offered this for years, you always get 2 sets of wheels and tires when you chose this option on the Corvette.

2017 Camaro SS 1LE - Procharger D1SC w/ Tial 2" BOV & Race intercooler / ARH full length catless headers / Alky meth injection system - 650rwhp on conservative tune SOLD
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 09:12 PM   #50
wjones14

Drives: 2021 BMW M2 Competition
I hate the whole idea of "dealer-installed" parts. Mine came with the dealer-installed Sport Pedals and Illuminated Black Bowties. The pedal installation seems fine, but there's an inch-long scratch through the clearcoat underneath the front bowtie, like the tech didn't bother to coat the area with painter's tape prior to the install, and his screwdriver slipped. Just sloppy work.

But that's minor compared to a friend of mine who ordered a 2010 SS with the dealer-installed Rally Stripes, and the dealership screwed up the vinyl stripes making them unusable. He ended up negotiating painted stripes instead and it actually worked out for him since the paint came out perfect, and he was able to get full gloss black (on a red car).

So two examples of shoddy dealer-installed parts. Unless the QA process is really bad, you don't typically get poor work quality like that from the factory.
Previous: 2018 Summit White 2SS 1LE; 2015 MINI Cooper F56 6MT; 2015 BMW M235i 6MT; 2003 MINI 5MT; 2005 Mustang GT 5MT
wjones14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 11:43 PM   #51
50MileSmile

If the list you showed above is correct, the car was ordered with the factory-installed SHL redline wheel package. I think the build sheet will show that, as would a VIN decoder. That’s it - end of story.

I began working in the Corvette industry more than 15 years ago, and I have been to the assembly plant in Bowling Green multiple times. I have never heard of two sets of wheels being delivered with any new, factory-delivered Corvette since the C5, which was the first generation I owned. I also have found no listing for any dealer-installed wheels that are available as part of the factory build configurator at Chevrolet.com. I may be wrong, but I need real evidence to believe it happens.
Old 09-09-2018, 01:13 AM   #52
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
Quote:
If the list you showed above is correct, the car was ordered with the factory-installed SHL redline wheel package. I think the build sheet will show that, as would a VIN decoder. That’s it - end of story.

I began working in the Corvette industry more than 15 years ago, and I have been to the assembly plant in Bowling Green multiple times. I have never heard of two sets of wheels being delivered with any new, factory-delivered Corvette since the C5, which was the first generation I owned. I also have found no listing for any dealer-installed wheels that are available as part of the factory build configurator at Chevrolet.com. I may be wrong, but I need real evidence to believe it happens.

I know for a fact you could order the C6 with optional wheels, the wheel option was around the $4k range and even said in the listing the buyer would get 2 sets of wheels for the price as they would dealer installed LPO wheels/tires.

The C7 doesnt seem to have this option now, only thing you can do is change the color and style but it substitutes for the OEM wheels for that package.

2017 Camaro SS 1LE - Procharger D1SC w/ Tial 2" BOV & Race intercooler / ARH full length catless headers / Alky meth injection system - 650rwhp on conservative tune SOLD
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 01:38 AM   #53
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
I dont understand what all the fuss is. You bought the car as it was sold based on the negotiated deal at the time. Kinda sucks to feel ripped off over a set of wheels, but too late. You accepted the deal. Look at it another way. Some folks get awesome deals with 8 grand or more off sticker and some people get next to nothing off MSRP for the same car. In this case, it kinds looks like you got below MSRP with some cool wheels but didnt get the take offs which many people wouldn't even want. Again, what's the big deal? The dealer probably had some redline wheels somebody else didnt want, so they installed them and jacked the price up. "Dealer installed option". We have dealerships all over town who install lift kits and custom wheels and tires on brand new trucks and Jeeps as dealer installed options, then jack the prices way up. They sell the hell out of em and no, the buyers dont get the take off parts. People get ripped off and pay twice what it would cost them to buy the stuff themselves but most dont care and are blinded by the bling on a ready to roll, brand new "custom" vehicle right off the lot. The dealerships sell them for additional profit.

Plus, ever heard of added dealer markup? You think that is fair? Nope, but dealerships are independent businesses who can pretty much do what they want. And they do it because there are plenty of buyers who fall for it and dont care

Last edited by Cgocifer; 09-09-2018 at 01:49 AM.
Cgocifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 09:34 AM   #54
50MileSmile

So, OP - You should have the Build Sheet and Window Sticker by now. What’s the verdict?
Old 09-12-2018, 09:41 AM   #55
Tyl3r

Quote:
So, OP - You should have the Build Sheet and Window Sticker by now. What’s the verdict?
Both wheels are listed on the build sheet. I don’t know how to peruse this if the dealer is giving me a hard time. Maybe, I’ll drop it.
Attached Images

Old 09-12-2018, 03:45 PM   #56
50MileSmile

Interesting - I’d start with Chevrolet Customer Service before you contact the dealer again.

Tags
dealer, installed, rims, tires, wheels