Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 03-13-2017, 07:50 PM   #113
Chevy71

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitguy913 View Post
So a year into the kit and I've had a pretty good experience. We had one minor hiccup last weekend but I was able to take the car into ProCharger today and they took really good care of me. Their customer service has been outstanding. I am fortunate to live only 2 miles away from their headquarters!
How are your temps with the standard intercooler? I've made my mind up on going pro-charger, I'm just trying to decide if I should do the stage 2 intercooler. I want the race valve that way I'm not recirculating the air back into the system.
Chevy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 07:54 PM   #114
Cdflyer

Drives: 2016 1SS 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy71 View Post
How are your temps with the standard intercooler? I've made my mind up on going pro-charger, I'm just trying to decide if I should do the stage 2 intercooler. I want the race valve that way I'm not recirculating the air back into the system.
With the Stage 2 intercooler and the regular ProFlow valve it vents right behind the bumper on the driver side. It doesn't recirculate back into the system. The difference is 1 the noise, and 2 the venting straight to atmosphere. The ProFlow valve gets a filter. It still makes plenty of noise when you let off though.

And my Stage 2 showed my IAT about 10* over ambient via the SCT.
Old 03-13-2017, 08:02 PM   #115
Chevy71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdflyer View Post
With the Stage 2 intercooler and the regular ProFlow valve it vents right behind the bumper on the driver side. It doesn't recirculate back into the system. The difference is 1 the noise, and 2 the venting straight to atmosphere. The ProFlow valve gets a filter. It still makes plenty of noise when you let off though.

And my Stage 2 showed my IAT about 10* over ambient via the SCT.
That's good to know, I was told without the race valve it vents back into the air inlet side. I'm going with the P1S, is the stage two intercooler needed? Summers in PA we typically get very few 100 degree days and if we do it's not for many hours in the day. I'm fully aware cooler is better on the car which is why I spec'd mine out with stage 2. If it's not really needed I could use those dollars on other fun stuff like the tuner gauge that's out haha!
Old 03-13-2017, 08:26 PM   #116
Cdflyer

Drives: 2016 1SS 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy71 View Post
That's good to know, I was told without the race valve it vents back into the air inlet side. I'm going with the P1S, is the stage two intercooler needed? Summers in PA we typically get very few 100 degree days and if we do it's not for many hours in the day. I'm fully aware cooler is better on the car which is why I spec'd mine out with stage 2. If it's not really needed I could use those dollars on other fun stuff like the tuner gauge that's out haha!
I'm in Chicagoland. I went with it only because I plan on drag racing it and the days easily get into the 90's there. If it was purely a street car, I would have saved the money, but for the price that the kit cost me, it was worth it. It might have saved me $150.....

If it were me, I'd order it the same way I did. I don't know what the IAT's look like with the smaller intercooler, but a 10* rise is more then acceptable to me.
Old 03-13-2017, 09:40 PM   #117
Chevy71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdflyer View Post
I'm in Chicagoland. I went with it only because I plan on drag racing it and the days easily get into the 90's there. If it was purely a street car, I would have saved the money, but for the price that the kit cost me, it was worth it. It might have saved me $150.....

If it were me, I'd order it the same way I did. I don't know what the IAT's look like with the smaller intercooler, but a 10* rise is more then acceptable to me.
Yeah you're right, I should leave it as is. Anytime I can drop an engine related temp, it's only to my benefit.