Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-30-2015, 02:54 PM   #99
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6sonoma View Post
I wouldn't mind adaptive cruise. MRC would be nice but I could live without it as I'm pretty happy with the handling/ride of my 2010 SS.

Like they have said in the past it all comes down to cost and wants. If the bulk of buyers want it they will make it happen (as they have in the past) but if they can't make it happen for a price that people are willing to pay then it's a matter of what do we give up to get it. That's where these things get harder to justify as this car is very different then an Impala or Cruze and their customers wants.
I am scared of all these new fangled gadgets like blind spot monitoring and adaptive cruise control. People will start to rely on it more than their own senses and that could get them in big trouble if there is a glitch. They should only be used to assist and not as a first defense. How many on here said they had backed into something even with the reverse sensors? Quite a few.
Old 03-30-2015, 02:55 PM   #100
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
.................................soon!............ ..............................

(.......sorry couldn't resist......................)

Enjoy this time for what it is - a time for people to discuss their wants and needs -- (but please keep it respectable....)
Love your participation here.

But I'm going to go out on a limb and ask...just because I can.

I don't expect you to reveal much, but can you at least say if this 200 lbs lost is across all trims? Base V6 to base V6. Base SS to base SS?
Old 03-30-2015, 02:56 PM   #101
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
My mind is a little fuzzy on this but maybe someone else remembers that before the 5th gen was released didn't they say that the V6 would be at least 300HP and the SS would be at least 400HP?
I don't remember them saying that. They might have though. This reveal process is pretty different then how the fifth gen was released.
Old 03-30-2015, 02:59 PM   #102
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
I don't remember them saying that. They might have though. This reveal process is pretty different then how the fifth gen was released.
That might have just been someone's guess based on the power output on other GM cars. Like I said my mind is a little fuzzy on it, it's was only like 7 or 8 years ago...LOL
Old 03-30-2015, 03:03 PM   #103
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I am scared of all these new fangled gadgets like blind spot monitoring and adaptive cruise control. People will start to rely on it more than their own senses and that could get them in big trouble if there is a glitch. They should only be used to assist and not as a first defense. How many on here said they had backed into something even with the reverse sensors? Quite a few.
I feel the same way, and you got people like Elon Musk talking about banning people from driving cars. Soon the hipsters will be at Starbucks saying "Oh you actually drive your car? That's so lame"

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 03:08 PM   #104
69RSSS

Drives: '69 Camaro SS/RS
My favorite part of the PR is: “We kept the cornering confidence and control that make the Gen 5 Camaro 1LE so fun to drive, and added a greater sense of agility,”

I think the 1LE (13, 14 and 15) is an iconic car. To low that GM kept this in mind when designing the 6th gen is very exciting to me.
69RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 03:14 PM   #105
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69RSSS View Post
My favorite part of the PR is: “We kept the cornering confidence and control that make the Gen 5 Camaro 1LE so fun to drive, and added a greater sense of agility,”

I think the 1LE (13, 14 and 15) is an iconic car. To low that GM kept this in mind when designing the 6th gen is very exciting to me.
I recall Al O saying something about the 6th Gen and ZL1 driving experience, now we also get a tease of 1LE experience...
DenverTaco07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 03:15 PM   #106

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
"In addition, the front and rear suspension assemblies are now aluminum, and links on some models feature an intricate, structurally optimized design made with a rigid composite material that’s even lighter than aluminum. As a result, the total weight for the suspension is 21 percent lighter compared to current steel-intensive assemblies."

This ^^^^sounds to me like the best news yet....I would think the weight loss in this suspension, (un-sprung weight area? ) is the most significant for performance...and an area that is well worth the expense of more exotic materials and composites...

I wouldn't lose any sleep over interior upgrades as being detrimental to performance. I would think those would be kept as light a weight as well...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 03:23 PM   #107
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
I feel the same way, and you got people like Elon Musk talking about banning people from driving cars. Soon the hipsters will be at Starbucks saying "Oh you actually drive your car? That's so lame"
Another thing, you get used to driving around in a car with those things and then switch cars one day, you put on the cruise controls and plow right into the car in front of you when he slows down because you forgot this car won't automaticlly slow you down. Sort of like when I had a car with a manual transmission and one with an automatic. I got used to driving the manual then switch and at the first stop sign I would slam on the brakes thinking I was pushing in on the clutch... And vice versa when I would go from auto back to manual the first time I would forget to push the cluch in and kill the engine..

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 03-30-2015 at 04:49 PM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 03:24 PM   #108
mr02Z/28

Drives: 2002 Z/28,1968 Chevelle convert.
I'm so excited !!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to purchase my 2016 Camaro ......... yay

Liked the 5th Gen interior, had no problems with it, would much rather have better performance options over a highly stylized interior for the 6th Gen ........
mr02Z/28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 03:34 PM   #109

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr02Z/28 View Post
I'm so excited !!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to purchase my 2016 Camaro ......... yay

Liked the 5th Gen interior, had no problems with it, would much rather have better performance options over a highly stylized interior for the 6th Gen ........
The 5th Gen interior is fine with me as well....but I think upgrades are almost a necessity to keep up with the times...

...The most popular selling 5th Gen Camaros have always been fully loaded V-6s...I would expect Chevy to cater to that for future sales...and I don't think we have yet to see or will ever see performance suffer because of any interior upgrades...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 03:35 PM   #110
ChocoTaco369
145lb Powerlifter

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
I'm not sure if this was mentioned because I didn't read every post, but this is my main concern:

This 200 lb weight loss sounds like base model 5th gen VS base model 6th gen.

How does the LS3/TR606 combo compare to the LT1/7 speed manual combo in terms of weight? I am guessing the powertrain for the SS will be significantly heavier. I am afraid that while the base models may see some gains, the SS models and above will have that weight added back in with larger drivetrain components.

I am hoping the wheels get downsized to 19's. If the suspension is a lot lighter as stated, and if the wheels get downsized a bit, we are talking about unsprung rotational weight vs simply static weight reduction, which is far more meaningful to performance. Hopefully the overall lighter car will mean lighter brakes as well to further decrease the unsprung weight.
Old 03-30-2015, 03:44 PM   #111
Capricio

Drives: 2000 WS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
I am afraid that while the base models may see some gains, the SS models and above will have that weight added back in with larger drivetrain components.
Quote:
As mind-blowing as the 8L90’s lightning-quick shifts are, we’re equally impressed by the fact that the transmission weighs approximately eight pounds less than the six-speed automatic used in the 2014 Corvette Stingray.
http://gmauthority.com/blog/2014/08/...#ixzz3Vu69LbWI

Quote:
The new TR6070 is only 42-millimeters longer than the TR6060, and weighs only 4-kilograms more, thanks to enhanced gear cross sections and hollow shaft technologies.
http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/tra...#ixzz3Vu7snNKW
Capricio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 03:46 PM   #112
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
I'm not sure if this was mentioned because I didn't read every post, but this is my main concern:

This 200 lb weight loss sounds like base model 5th gen VS base model 6th gen.

How does the LS3/TR606 combo compare to the LT1/7 speed manual combo in terms of weight? I am guessing the powertrain for the SS will be significantly heavier. I am afraid that while the base models may see some gains, the SS models and above will have that weight added back in with larger drivetrain components.

I am hoping the wheels get downsized to 19's. If the suspension is a lot lighter as stated, and if the wheels get downsized a bit, we are talking about unsprung rotational weight vs simply static weight reduction, which is far more meaningful to performance. Hopefully the overall lighter car will mean lighter brakes as well to further decrease the unsprung weight.
This ^ I have no doubts the 6th gen will be lighter than the 5th gen, but is it a 200# loss across the board or is that the highlight number. The F-150 lost 700 pounds going to aluminum, look closer and the 700 pound loss IIRC was only in the heaviest trim of F-150 Crew Cab 4x4, other models lost between 3 and 500 pounds. thats the only thing that worries me, is that it might not be a 200# loss from v6 to v6, SS to SS

But like I said, I have no doubt the car will be lighter than the current one
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 camaro pounds, 2016 camaro spy, 2016 camaro spy photo, 2016 camaro spy photos, 2016 camaro spy pics, 2016 camaro weighs, 2016 camaro weight, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2016 chevy camaro pounds, 2016 chevy camaro weight, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen camaro weight, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation