Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 12-25-2018, 10:24 PM   #1
Hot_Wheels_Nascar_Fan

Drives: 2018 Hot Wheels Camaro 2LT
Hot Wheels V6 Brake Upgrade

I bought a Hot Wheels Camaro back a few months ago and absolutely love it. Getting to the point where I'm thinking of a few things I'd like to do to it. The first, most annoying thing, for me is the painted calipers.

The V6 HW has orange 4 piston brembo front calipers but regular rear calipers. The V8 HW has painted orange front and rear calipers. I've found painted rear calipers on RockAuto (https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...sn=525&jsn=525). I'm wondering if there's anybody has upgraded from regular rear brakes to brembo brakes and if there's any issues. I basically just want to upgrade the rear brakes to the painted 4 piston brembos so that they match the fronts.

Thanks!
Hot_Wheels_Nascar_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 10:03 AM   #2
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
If all you really desire is the paint color to match and don't care in upping brake performance (and just improving rear brake performance alone would be strange) you should really just look into having them painted.

I painted my OEM calipers red using the G3 paint system. Looks amazing and the quality is great as far as I'm concerned. Just having to paint two wouldn't be that big of a deal. I don't know if you can get the paint code to for your OEM calipers, but I believe G3 has an option for a custom paint code...of course it will cost you more.

This route would be WAY cheaper and easier than swapping components.
Old 12-26-2018, 10:24 AM   #3
ChangerOfWays

Drives: 2017 2LT RS
Sadly you can't upgrade the rear brakes on LS/LT models. There are differences in the e-brake between the LS/LT and the SS, which makes the brakes incompatible.

I would follow KMPrenger's advice and paint the rear calipers to match the orange.
ChangerOfWays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 11:53 AM   #4
Hot_Wheels_Nascar_Fan

Drives: 2018 Hot Wheels Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChangerOfWays View Post
Sadly you can't upgrade the rear brakes on LS/LT models. There are differences in the e-brake between the LS/LT and the SS, which makes the brakes incompatible.

I would follow KMPrenger's advice and paint the rear calipers to match the orange.
Thanks for your answers. I guess painting the current calipers would be the easier solution. It just bugs me that they are so much smaller than the fronts. Oh well. I didn't know about the e-brake being different.
Hot_Wheels_Nascar_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote