Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

AWE Tuning

Old 01-12-2023, 01:58 PM   #1
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
driver vs passenger cushion

Apparently the passenger seat cushion ($330)comes with the passenger sensor & heater, and the driver's seat cushion ($79) does not.

Such a crazy difference in prices! has anyone ever replaced the passenger seat cushion and put the old heater & passenger sensor on the new cushion?
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 03:47 PM   #2
discgolf01

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Convertible M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicrockr View Post
Apparently the passenger seat cushion ($330)comes with the passenger sensor & heater, and the driver's seat cushion ($79) does not.

Such a crazy difference in prices! has anyone ever replaced the passenger seat cushion and put the old heater & passenger sensor on the new cushion?
I haven't opened any seats on a Camaro, but as an FYI the sensor is a full mat with a bunch of piezo sensors that is used to detect the difference between a human sitting in the seat vs a backpack so it can tell the dash airbag to deploy or not in a crash. Personally, it is one of those things I would want a professional to install in case to make sure its in the right position and/or calibrated correctly.

Here's a what the 5th gen's looked like, gotta think the 6th gen's is similar:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/275348806684
discgolf01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 05:18 AM   #3
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by discgolf01 View Post
I haven't opened any seats on a Camaro, but as an FYI the sensor is a full mat with a bunch of piezo sensors that is used to detect the difference between a human sitting in the seat vs a backpack so it can tell the dash airbag to deploy or not in a crash. Personally, it is one of those things I would want a professional to install in case to make sure its in the right position and/or calibrated correctly.

Here's a what the 5th gen's looked like, gotta think the 6th gen's is similar:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/275348806684
I understand the need for proper install & calibration. It's just odd that if you buy the drivers side seat cushion, sensor mat & heater mat separately, they come up to a lot less than what the passenger side kit costs. And the passenger side is sold as a kit with all 3 pieces; you can't buy them individually like you can with the drivers seat.
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote