Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 11-22-2020, 08:37 PM   #1
hfur
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Chevy camaro
npp exhaust

question about npp exhaust..what happens if the car is in tour mode for driving, and the npp exhaust is in sport or track mode for exhaust....what if anything would happen?
hfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 08:45 PM   #2
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfur View Post
question about npp exhaust..what happens if the car is in tour mode for driving, and the npp exhaust is in sport or track mode for exhaust....what if anything would happen?
These settings are independent, so it will do what you'd expect: the car would retain the tour mode steering feel, suspension stiffness, throttle progression, shift calibration etc., but the exhaust would "step up" into "loud mode" more frequently (sport) and much more frequently (track). A perfectly valid and reasonable combination.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 08:48 PM   #3
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfur View Post
I have my NPP "locked" in "Track Mode" via the entertainment system screen, I usually drive the car in "Sport Mode"... The big thing is, don't "lock" the NPP in "Snow/Ice" or "Tour" mode and take it to the track... The other way around, no problem..
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 11:13 PM   #4
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
I have my NPP "locked" in "Track Mode" via the entertainment system screen, I usually drive the car in "Sport Mode"... The big thing is, don't "lock" the NPP in "Snow/Ice" or "Tour" mode and take it to the track... The other way around, no problem..

Same here. I keep it in track mode the NPP all the time.

Since it's getting dry here in FL I also always drive with traction control off too now.

I'm running stock NPP and want to get a performance exhaust. I've listened to the youtube videos, but what do the aftermarket NPP systems sound like in person with the valves open? I'm talking your Flowmasters and Borla, etc. Will I be pissing off the neighbors with them lol?
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 11:40 PM   #5
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
I keep my ZL1 exhaust in Track mode and drive most all the time in Sport mode. On out of town trips I will switch to Tour mode to help with fuel economy.
Old 11-23-2020, 05:48 AM   #6
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
I keep my ZL1 exhaust in Track mode and drive most all the time in Sport mode. On out of town trips I will switch to Tour mode to help with fuel economy.
Same here, have no intention of ever changing exhaust.
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 06:44 AM   #7
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
I had my NPP locked in track mode and the last time I took it to my girlfriends, I left the house at night and it was cold. When I fired it up I noticed her next door neighbor look out the window at me - his little 2 year old girl's bedroom is right there, it was about midnight. Oops, sorry!
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 07:13 AM   #8
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
Just pull the fuse for the NPP, even in track mode the valves are not always open.
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 08:10 AM   #9
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Didn’t know you can control the NPP setting independent of the switch on the console. Going to have to look into that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
I had my NPP locked in track mode and the last time I took it to my girlfriends, I left the house at night and it was cold. When I fired it up I noticed her next door neighbor look out the window at me - his little 2 year old girl's bedroom is right there, it was about midnight. Oops, sorry!
I thought they were open on start-up all the time.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 08:21 AM   #10
LT4Greg

Quote:
Originally Posted by lt4camaro View Post
Just pull the fuse for the NPP, even in track mode the valves are not always open.
I did pull the fuse in my ZL1 and ran it that way for a few months and didn’t seem to make a real difference in sound so I put it back in and set the exhaust to Track mode in the DIC settings. Maybe since I installed a Roto-Fab it might be louder with the fuse out! I will say that the fuse pull made a difference in sound on my 2016 2SS especially after I installed a Cold Air Inductions CAI.
Old 11-23-2020, 08:33 AM   #11
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post

Since it's getting dry here in FL I also always drive with traction control off too now.
Agreed that is the most fun setting! But even stock my M6 LT1 on the all seasons I easily get sideways shifting into 2nd powershifting with TC off. And even flooring it in first with TC on you get a good amount of spin but the car stays staight. That is kind of fun. The solution for me is to run my DRs all the time. But those tire do not last very long so it gets expensive. And you can't run them below freezing.

But in a ZL1 or other 500-600+ cars TC has to be on akways or you will find yourself in a ditch if you are lucky and not careful.

Still TC off is fun. Just don't get sloppy with it.
Old 11-23-2020, 08:35 AM   #12
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
Didn’t know you can control the NPP setting independent of the switch on the console. Going to have to look into that.

I thought they were open on start-up all the time.
I'm not sure if it's different with the ZL1 but in the SS you can go into the infotainment menu and adjust ride, steering, and exhaust each independently for any combination of sport, touring, or track.

If you have the exhaust in sport it will start up all the time with just the two ports open. If you lock it in on track all 4 ports are open at startup.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 08:50 AM   #13
LT4Greg

Yes Petrol Head, the settings are the same in the ZL1 as in the SS DIC. The only setting I have locked is the exhaust which is in Track mode.
Old 11-23-2020, 08:58 AM   #14
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Interesting. Unfortunately I have to wait until some time in April to try it out.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote