Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 06-25-2019, 12:12 PM   #43
6sigma

Drives: rally green LT1 manual
I hope not! Maybe there will be a new model called something other than Camaro for a 2-door front-engine performance car. Gas, hybrid, and EV options are fine with me as long as we can choose. It seems like GM needs to have more models to support the A2XX plant.
6sigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 12:13 PM   #44
camaroJD

Drives: 2019 Satin Steel 1SS 1LE w/ PDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripowergto View Post
I believe it all hinges on sales of the CT4 & CT5 built at the same factory and how well the more expensive Gen8 Corvette sells after initial demand is met. 2023 is quite a ways away.
I'd say the decision has already been made. If 2023 is the date then it's already been decided. We are already entering the 2020 model year, as far as the company is concerned 2023 is not far away at all. The only thing they could do is keep it going another couple years with no update, but the sales don't support that.

I've been saying this for a while, if there was an Alpha 2 Camaro we would have seen leaks. The only thing I can recall is that patent drawing which looked like a Cadillac coupe. This would have been in development for years at this point and we haven't seen or heard a thing. It's no surprise that no one here is shocked.

I bought my '19 with the assumption it will be one of the last, if not the last, NA V8 RWDs that GM makes. And if that is true, I intend to keep it a very long time because I don't anticipate there being a replacement. EVs still have miles to go before I would even consider them, it's sad that this is the future.
camaroJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 12:18 PM   #45
whitelightning011

Drives: '16 1SS A8 w/ NPP
As much as it saddens me, if this is true, GM deserves it. Years and years of stupid JD Power commercials. You reap what you sow.
whitelightning011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 12:26 PM   #46
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroJD View Post
I'd say the decision has already been made. If 2023 is the date then it's already been decided. We are already entering the 2020 model year, as far as the company is concerned 2023 is not far away at all. The only thing they could do is keep it going another couple years with no update, but the sales don't support that.

I've been saying this for a while, if there was an Alpha 2 Camaro we would have seen leaks. The only thing I can recall is that patent drawing which looked like a Cadillac coupe. This would have been in development for years at this point and we haven't seen or heard a thing. It's no surprise that no one here is shocked.

I bought my '19 with the assumption it will be one of the last, if not the last, NA V8 RWDs that GM makes. And if that is true, I intend to keep it a very long time because I don't anticipate there being a replacement. EVs still have miles to go before I would even consider them, it's sad that this is the future.
So you've seen leaks of the 7th gen Mustang?
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 12:31 PM   #47
Frankie18SS

Drives: 18 Camaro 2SS, 07 Saturn Ion
My only solice is that Al O. is a gearhead so we have a true gearhead running the EV program. They're going to develop some serious Tesla beating rockets. I'm sure the same car would've been built either way but with everyone freaking out over an electric Camaro, they'll just call it something else.
Old 06-25-2019, 12:34 PM   #48
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
They will call it... Voltaro (tm)

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 12:39 PM   #49
ron8879

Drives: 2018 Camaro RS
2023 is a long while off. The landscape can change plenty in 3 to 4 years. I do believe that the eventual future is going to be electric and turbo's..... emissions will be getting tighter and the future of vehicles is purposeful as much as recreational.
Think about it, the challenger and charger are both aged and holding on to old tech from over a decade ago. Chrysler is down to 2 vehicles. I don't see them lasting forever. Jeep and Ram are the cash cows for Fiat.
Chevy is going upscale with the corvette. The price keeps going up and expectations are going up for performance the only vehicle that ford has that can compete is the GT and it cost waaaayyyyy more......The current camaro has been very polarizing. The short window design can only go so far.....IF the camaro does live in 7th gen it will be completely different. The clients are heading to younger crowds and they are looking at 4 and 6 cylinders as enough (not all but enough that the 4 turbo happened)....
Electric vehicles are happening more and more...v8's are sadly less and less....heck even trucks come with 4 and 6 cylinders these days..... The idea of a camaro is going to have to change if it wants to live on.....we will see what chevy decides. I expect either it will be fully gone (the SS sedan, GTO, and pretty much anything that isnt a truck with a V8) or it will be a twim turbo v6 SS (think nissan GTR) and some option of electric assist.....
ron8879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 12:45 PM   #50
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron8879 View Post
2023 is a long while off. The landscape can change plenty in 3 to 4 years.
I think you're overestimating how much time is left.

The 2020 Camaro is getting ready to go into production..they realistically only have about 3 or 4 months, right now, to "change their minds".
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 12:45 PM   #51
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
No leaks but there's been rumors, rumors of another face lift in a few years. magazines have reported on it being on new version of new Explorer platform and Ford pretty much saying Mustang is sticking around as our only car. Granted all just rumors but theres been more about the Mustang than Camaro
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 12:50 PM   #52
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
SMH, it is a bullshit article. These days social media reports will decieve people in order to get views, likes, etc on their pages for their sponsors. And that is all this article is doing also.

The S550 Mustang platform was extended 1 year. Then there were rumors that it would be extended to 2023. Then there were rumors that Ford would let the S550 go for a total of 10 years. And there was uncertainty about the S650. But nobody questioned whether or not it would remain.

The Challenger has been on the same platform for over 10 years. EPA regs are getting stricter and stricter and there are no indications that FCA will be able to comply or not. There is no mention of a next Gen Challenger at all. But not one person is questioning whether or not it will remain.

Next up the Camaro. Basically the only thing this article writer knows is that the Camaro MIGHT be getting a 2 year extension on it's 6th Gen platform. And that is all it takes for people to once again start flaming off that the Camaro is doomed. 2023 is 4 years away. Did anyone know there would be a Redeye 4 years ago? Did anyone know what would be going on with the GT500 4 years ago? Ok so since we don't know what is going on with the Camaro in 2023, can anyone definitely me what the Mustang and Challenger will be doing in 2023? So then why the Hell is the Camaro the only one they're questioning? It is bullshit.

And regardless, I won't be getting another Camaro anyway as I've been stating for the past year and a half. I'll be getting Vettes and luxury Sedans like the M5 or performance SUVs like the X5M, X6m, or Trackhawk anyway. So it doesn't matter to me. But I don't think it's fair to single the Camaro out in this way. All it does is make people afraid to buy the Camaro which just might slink sales enough that it WILL be threatened.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 12:55 PM   #53
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNxR3DNECK View Post
I don't think I will be too upset if this turns out to be true in a few years believe it or not... BUT if this is true we better get a 6th gen Z/28 before it is axed!!!
Doubt GM is going to invest the money in a Z if they plan to dump it....
95 imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 12:56 PM   #54
camaroJD

Drives: 2019 Satin Steel 1SS 1LE w/ PDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
What does that have to do with anything?
camaroJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 12:58 PM   #55
crankaholic

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I think if the C8 will come with an updated LT variant, there's a good chance we'll get an updated A2XX based Camaro... if the C8 will be DOHC only, well then this is it folks. I don't see them adapting the LT1 to a new platform.

There could still be turbo 2.0 i4 and 3.0 V6 coupes based on the CT4, they may even be called Camaro, but they won't be manual V8 traditional sports cars.

The issue is GM took too long to develop a good automatic, and never put a 3.0 TT V6 into the platform :( I wouldn't buy one, I love my V8, but sales would be much higher if it had more mass appeal. The enthusiast market is pretty small these days and making a car that satisfies it, and has mass appeal, is very difficult.
Old 06-25-2019, 01:14 PM   #56
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
*IF* this is true...

I guess all the people who were concerned with the poor sales of the 2015, 2016+ etc Camaros and were repeatedly told they were being stupid, over reacting, etc...were right all along.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote